[VOTING]GFX battle: BP vs BeybladeMonitor vs Fathom vs DeX

I used to think the same...Here's Kai-V's opinion on it (read the post and the following few, w/o the parts where Fire Wyrm randomly disses me).

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-s-fi...#pid683815
Entries are in. Voting goes for a week!:
BP:
[Image: di-JXRB.png]
DeX
[Image: Snow.png]
Beyblademonitor:
[Image: 257jfop.jpg]
Fathom:
[Image: xbwp5l.png]
Fathom: Oversharpened, no depth, stretched render, bad text, BG is messy and no lighting
Beyblademonitor: too many extractions/renders no compo text covers the pokemon, you used a stock and it is LQ as Hell
DeX: I dont like the "noise" BG it has ok efects but the snow flake is too bright and no depth
BP: i like how it is made from scratch to me the focal i the snow man but everything is quite simple but you created a "scene" unlike the others
so BP and DeX(if im allowed to vote for two)
OMG taj you dont show the names!!!

oh, and xyo, that isn't noise. actually, i have no idea where the pixels showed up
Xyo I Do Have A light source its diagonally from the render in the left i didnt want the render to be light because hes always in the dark and as you can see it is on his left arm a tad bit
Even if the render IS from the dark side, IT STILL needs lightsource.
i know i didnt want hin to be all bright hes a mortal kombat monster he rrules ice do you think hes in the sun to melt
I mentioned that it wouldn't be anonymous. This helps with feedback and efficency.
Xyo: Pls vote for one, seeing there are only four entries.

Just a general question, am I allowed to vote, seeing that none of the entries are anonymous?
You can cause you didnt join this
Cool. I GMV to BP.
Dex, yours fell short 'cos of the pixellation and emptiness.
Ah,I should vote.
BP:I really liked it how you made the stickman.In most cases,simpler is better.
DeX:I see the focal,nice blending.
Beyblademonitor:Argh!Too many renders,no focal.Stock BG used,which sucks.And also,to me,the most likely to be focal is the text.
FathomConfusedame as Xyo.
I vote for DeX
i vote beyblade potter even though it looks blocky it shows he selmade and put alot of work into it my second choice wouldve been fathom but no light source
BP is a girl, you know...
oh srry BP Unhappy i but i still vote for Beypotter
Well let's see...

For BP:
Good quality. I like the glow of the snowball hitting the snowman, but there's just something missing. It looks more like a blank canvas to me more than anything. The figure throwing the snowball is also crudely done, which is a major turnoff. And considering that it is all black, is this at night or what? If so, then the background is totally misleading.

For DeX:
Great quality. Very symmetrical, which is pleasing to me. The "squares" I keep seeing, aren't a personal favorite of mine, there's just something off about them and the snowflake that just simply doesn't mix to me. Outside of the snowflake it looks very boring, however that can also be a plus which adds to the simplicity of something great. If a different design were used other than the "squares" it might be better in that perspective. It blends a bit too much on the edges IMO, but that doesn't matter much, haha.

For Beyblademonitor:
Not great quality. Save as a .png in your future work if you want a few extra points Wink I like the designs on the bottom left, and the ones that are similar to it. It's great to see that they are all unique - that's amazing. I like how you gave Glaceon, Regice, and Articuno their own set of snowflakes and designs. Theey all seem very fitting for when the Pokemon themselves were created. Articuno was an original 151, so the design of the snowflakes surrounding it would be simpler. Regice's design is also very fitting. R/S/E was very flashy moreso than D/P/Pl. They were trying to make everything more aesthetic then, and going all out. Glaceon was what they tried to do with Regice, but extremely simpler. Plus the background didn't blend in with everything, so it made all of the designs and Pokemon "pop". The text doesn't seem fitting here, since ice it solid, not melting...

For Fathom:
Great quality. A bit squished, but still pretty good. It's very good on how you places the test that doesn't blend with the line. Under that line though, I would expect to see something different than what the design is above. The line looks like a border, or a horizon, so that tricks me into thinking there will be something to be replaced below (i.e. grass and sky) The sparkles are very unique, every single one of them. Was it intended for it to be like a darker sphere above Sub Zero's hand, so it would appear as an energy form of some sort? If so, it could've been better. I like how you threw in just a tiny pinch of yellow here and there. Sub Zero's mask seems to blend in with some of the sparkles to the right of him, so that's kind of a let down. Same here with the text, ice is solid, frozen, not melting.

1. Beyblademonitor
2. Fathom
3. DeX
4. BP
I know absolutely nothing about graphics lololol
I just say what I like about them and not. It's pretty simple and easy. What's CnC again? XD
comment and criticize? I think that is it ment...
(Nov. 12, 2011  2:24 AM)Fathom Wrote: i know i didnt want hin to be all bright hes a mortal kombat monster he rrules ice do you think hes in the sun to melt

We never ever told about a Sun ... just a small light source is fine. Even very dark and cold places have a bit of light , don't they ?
(Nov. 12, 2011  11:20 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Well let's see...

For DeX:
Great quality.

For Fathom:
Great quality.

the quality isn't great.
Actually, the noise Is part of the quality, hence it became pixelated, which wasn't really suppose to happen. But I guess that's the effect of the radial blur
(Nov. 12, 2011  3:55 PM)World Wrote: the quality isn't great.

I can have an opinion, kthx