[Utah] Bladers Where You At?

Looking to build a community and tournament group in Utah. Let me know when you are.
I'm just starting with my kids, but I'd be interested in joining a community and going to tournaments. I'm in north Utah County, but would be willing to travel to most of the Wasatch Front.
Are any tournaments open in Utah, around Salt Lake or is it a ghost town rn?
I'm in Utah and it would be great to play some tournaments. I'm really interested in metal fight limited, I'd maybe even be up to help with tournament hosting.
Just got back into beyblade after so many years. Beyblade X and the new X format really interested me so here I am. Doesn't look like there's any active tournaments in Utah which stinks- but I am so down to learn from scratch how to be an organizer and host a tournament. Just want to know how many people would be interested in that?
(Nov. 14, 2023  1:54 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: Just got back into beyblade after so many years. Beyblade X and the new X format really interested me so here I am. Doesn't look like there's any active tournaments in Utah which stinks- but I am so down to learn from scratch how to be an organizer and host a tournament. Just want to know how many people would be interested in that?

sadly can't exactly help with X stuff myself, import costs are a lot, i'm pretty big into metal fight though so i'd maybe be up to compete or help with hosting that
(Oct. 07, 2023  9:46 AM)durandalyra Wrote: I'm in Utah and it would be great to play some tournaments. I'm really interested in metal fight limited, I'd maybe even be up to help with tournament hosting.

(Nov. 14, 2023  5:20 AM)durandalyra Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2023  1:54 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: Just got back into beyblade after so many years. Beyblade X and the new X format really interested me so here I am. Doesn't look like there's any active tournaments in Utah which stinks- but I am so down to learn from scratch how to be an organizer and host a tournament. Just want to know how many people would be interested in that?

sadly can't exactly help with X stuff myself, import costs are a lot, i'm pretty big into metal fight though so i'd maybe be up to compete or help with hosting that

I did buy some of the starter X stuff. A stadium (probs planning to get a second and a stadium stand), the 4 first X beys and a string launcher. Alittle bit of time and I was going to start getting the others too. Maybe provide them to be used within the tourny and have a X bey be the prize or something. Just going off the top of my head. In terms of Metal Fight, seen all 3 a few times over n over. I'd be down for that as well but I probably would not take point on that one since I don't own any or have experience with the parts myself.
(Nov. 14, 2023  6:12 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  9:46 AM)durandalyra Wrote: I'm in Utah and it would be great to play some tournaments. I'm really interested in metal fight limited, I'd maybe even be up to help with tournament hosting.

(Nov. 14, 2023  5:20 AM)durandalyra Wrote: sadly can't exactly help with X stuff myself, import costs are a lot, i'm pretty big into metal fight though so i'd maybe be up to compete or help with hosting that

I did buy some of the starter X stuff. A stadium (probs planning to get a second and a stadium stand), the 4 first X beys and a string launcher. Alittle bit of time and I was going to start getting the others too. Maybe provide them to be used within the tourny and have a X bey be the prize or something. Just going off the top of my head. In terms of Metal Fight, seen all 3 a few times over n over. I'd be down for that as well but I probably would not take point on that one since I don't own any or have experience with the parts myself.

i can get beys for x since my main price concern is the stadiums, then i can still show up for that. taking the lead on metal fight is fine with me, you can get stuff for metal fight limited pretty cheap by the way. what area are you in by the way, would be good to know
(Nov. 14, 2023  11:59 PM)durandalyra Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2023  6:12 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: I did buy some of the starter X stuff. A stadium (probs planning to get a second and a stadium stand), the 4 first X beys and a string launcher. Alittle bit of time and I was going to start getting the others too. Maybe provide them to be used within the tourny and have a X bey be the prize or something. Just going off the top of my head. In terms of Metal Fight, seen all 3 a few times over n over. I'd be down for that as well but I probably would not take point on that one since I don't own any or have experience with the parts myself.

i can get beys for x since my main price concern is the stadiums, then i can still show up for that. taking the lead on metal fight is fine with me, you can get stuff for metal fight limited pretty cheap by the way. what area are you in by the way, would be good to know

I'm in the Salt lake city area. In terms of metal fight the x mechanic is what really got me heavy interested into the competitive scene, but I could buy some metal series beys, participate for fun if we did a metal tourny. Also Also for the stadiums I could have that covered. I'm ordering a second one this week and also 1 stadium stand as well. So if I could get one more stadium stand before the end of the month then I think we should be good for something small to start off with for x format since 2 is recommended for max 16 peeps. Do you have regular stadiums for metal fight format? I'm assuming you do-
(Nov. 15, 2023  4:28 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2023  11:59 PM)durandalyra Wrote: i can get beys for x since my main price concern is the stadiums, then i can still show up for that. taking the lead on metal fight is fine with me, you can get stuff for metal fight limited pretty cheap by the way. what area are you in by the way, would be good to know

I'm in the Salt lake city area. In terms of metal fight the x mechanic is what really got me heavy interested into the competitive scene, but I could buy some metal series beys, participate for fun if we did a metal tourny. Also Also for the stadiums I could have that covered. I'm ordering a second one this week and also 1 stadium stand as well. So if I could get one more stadium stand before the end of the month then I think we should be good for something small to start off with for x format since 2 is recommended for max 16 peeps. Do you have regular stadiums for metal fight format? I'm assuming you do-

yep i've got a bb10, the repro one.
(Nov. 15, 2023  5:47 AM)durandalyra Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2023  4:28 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: I'm in the Salt lake city area. In terms of metal fight the x mechanic is what really got me heavy interested into the competitive scene, but I could buy some metal series beys, participate for fun if we did a metal tourny. Also Also for the stadiums I could have that covered. I'm ordering a second one this week and also 1 stadium stand as well. So if I could get one more stadium stand before the end of the month then I think we should be good for something small to start off with for x format since 2 is recommended for max 16 peeps. Do you have regular stadiums for metal fight format? I'm assuming you do-

yep i've got a bb10, the repro one.

Ah okay just 1 though?
(Nov. 16, 2023  12:55 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2023  5:47 AM)durandalyra Wrote: yep i've got a bb10, the repro one.

Ah okay just 1 though?

yeah im pretty broke
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:16 AM)durandalyra Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2023  12:55 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: Ah okay just 1 though?

yeah im pretty broke

That's very fair. Might need at least two? I haven't read up on if Metal Fight needs different amount of stadiums for the same amount of players as X. I think it's the same since I didn't read anything else about that.
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:33 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:16 AM)durandalyra Wrote: yeah im pretty broke

That's very fair. Might need at least two? I haven't read up on if Metal Fight needs different amount of stadiums for the same amount of players as X. I think it's the same since I didn't read anything else about that.

never really gave it any thought, considering there seems to be a pretty low amount of people interested in entering i kinda just only thought i'd need 1
(Nov. 16, 2023  5:46 AM)durandalyra Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:33 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: That's very fair. Might need at least two? I haven't read up on if Metal Fight needs different amount of stadiums for the same amount of players as X. I think it's the same since I didn't read anything else about that.

never really gave it any thought, considering there seems to be a pretty low amount of people interested in entering i kinda just only thought i'd need 1

You make a good point. We could attempt with 1 as a test run and see how it goes.
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:33 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:16 AM)durandalyra Wrote: yeah im pretty broke

There isn't really a requirement for the amount of stadiums needed for any format, just at least 1(and if it's a ranked tournament, it has to be a stadium legal for ranked). Typically tournaments have 2 or 3 stadiums, but if there's really only a few people planning to come(like 8-11) then 1 stadium will work.
(Nov. 16, 2023  4:52 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2023  1:33 AM)Beetlepenny Wrote: That's very fair. Might need at least two? I haven't read up on if Metal Fight needs different amount of stadiums for the same amount of players as X. I think it's the same since I didn't read anything else about that.

There isn't really a requirement for the amount of stadiums needed for any format, just at least 1(and if it's a ranked tournament, it has to be a stadium legal for ranked). Typically tournaments have 2 or 3 stadiums, but if there's really only a few people planning to come(like 8-11) then 1 stadium will work.

Oh awesome! Yeah just gotta pass the organizer quiz now. I failed it and now have to wait 30 days to take it again.