Update! Fake MFB!! Check This Out!

Man, when the fake beyblades start to get original, i will buy. But if they just keep swapping names, i will ignore.

Peg-Top, hmmm.... why Peg?

HIGH SPEED ROTATE
I was wondering when some company will make a fake version of MFB, hopefully new Beyblades don't buy these ... =/
BTW, you weren't the first one to find the fake (like your toutube description says). I've seen it before, and I am sure others have. Thanks for making the thread though, because it may have saved a few people some heartbreak.
Well maby I am not the first to see but I am the first to tell. LOL
It is actually easy to identify, since there isn't any of the word "Beyblade" in the product...
DOes anyone know how often this happened with the old beyblades?
All the time. TT Hongli are infamous for it.
There used to be so many fakes @ my local stores. They werent TT Hongli though. Just random companies, and the blades cost around £1. Btw £1 = $0.60 Or something like that. And the performance of them was pretty good.
If any of you buy those, I would lead test them right away. Seriously.
Is it a health risk To?
For those wondering why they look so real, well, I guarantee you someone stole the molds from a Takara Tomy factory to build these Peg Tops with likely inferior materials.

(Aug. 27, 2009  4:16 PM)Driger Wrote: Is it a health risk To?

If they do contain lead, then yes it can be a health risk. Stores sell do it yourself lead tests to check.
Damn, And I was going to buy one. o_o How do you know all this To?
ya i agree parts are real its just been recolored and bought by a company wanting to cash in on beyblade
well thats i think and in a way this is worse than making there own fakes if you know what i mean and do they care if its illigal.
No... they are using the same molds, but it ends up a much worse product because of the worse materials used. It's not the same parts.
(Aug. 27, 2009  5:44 PM)Medz Wrote: Damn, And I was going to buy one. o_o How do you know all this To?

The lead poisoning stuff? Well that's from the news, usually cautioning people to stay away from bootlegged products such as toys because they may contain lead paint, which is harmful.

The stolen molds? I'm also a Transformers fan, and one of the reason older toys haven't been reissued is because of stolen or broken molds from factories being used to make bootlegs. These Peg Tops look too real to be made with a new mold the bootlegers made from scratch. And it would cost too much money, and take too much time to reverse engineer the top into making molds.
Wait... Lead is harmful?Chocked_2 I have been working with lead on some of my lego beyblades, and I am around lead sometimes...

Unhappy
(Aug. 28, 2009  12:06 PM)Nuno Wrote: Wait... Lead is harmful?Chocked_2 I have been working with lead on some of my lego beyblades, and I am around lead sometimes...

Unhappy

I think it depends if you inhaled it (wash your hands after using it Tongue_out_wink)
Isn't lead that grey stuff in pencils.
Can't be that bad?
(Aug. 28, 2009  12:47 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Isn't lead that grey stuff in pencils.
Can't be that bad?

It use to be in pencils but now they use graphite.
Oh ok, makes sense.
Has anyone got or ordered one of these yet?
LOL i still see fake plastics around im suprise some times witht he quality tho sometimes theyre decent for a fake Confused
I am trying to order one but people keep bidding on them!
Oh I don't really use ebay so I don't know how that works but keep trying.
Wink
Try and find a "Buy it now" one.
I eould rather bid on it cause it is cheaper I mean it is fake anyways...