[Unanswered]  dual spin spin gear/engine gear?

hi everyone i always had this question for a while. Is it possible to make a dual spininng spin gear or engine gear? and i before you respond, yes, i'm aware that flame/thunder pegasus is dual spinning so that leaves them out of the topic.
i would be very glad to have a response especially from those who are familiar with the plastic gen
(Sep. 30, 2021  8:36 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: hi everyone i always had this question for a while. Is it possible to make a dual spininng spin gear or engine gear? and i before you respond, yes, i'm aware that flame/thunder pegasus is dual spinning so that leaves them out of the topic.
i would be very glad to have a response especially from those who are familiar with the plastic gen

Coil springs only wind and release in one direction depending on their orientation. You *could* add a directional change mechanic with a careful arrangement of gears, but you'd be making the housing fairly large to accommodate the extra parts. It'd also be more prone to failure.
(Sep. 30, 2021  8:41 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2021  8:36 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: hi everyone i always had this question for a while. Is it possible to make a dual spininng spin gear or engine gear? and i before you respond, yes, i'm aware that flame/thunder pegasus is dual spinning so that leaves them out of the topic.

Coil springs only wind and release in one direction depending on their orientation. You *could* add a directional change mechanic with a careful arrangement of gears, but you'd be making the housing fairly large to accommodate the extra parts. It'd also be more prone to failure.

Let's drop the spin gear aspect for a moment and simplify, just assume we're trying to create a dual spin Neo Spin Gear. This means we'd have to do two things: rotate the platform the launcher hooks onto, and switch the side of the slit the Attack Ring fits into that's blocked off (or else the Attack Ring could fall off in one direction). That's the bare minimum requirements to make it work without risking separation, and though it's probably possible to fit a system inside to move both at once it's still something that would probably require removing the Attack Ring to do (both to access it without a specialized blade base to interact with it and to prevent the Attack Ring from getting hit by the switching slot direction) and would take quite a bit of space inside it.

Trying to shove an engine gear inside that seems rather ludicrous of an idea, the same as you've already said above. I can think of a possible way to do it (though it seems kinda janky in my head) but fitting that inside a system that already has some space taken just to change the orientation of the top half? Well, that'd be a bit difficult, and either very bulky or very ineffective. Possible, probably, but not easy.
(Oct. 10, 2021  3:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2021  8:41 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Coil springs only wind and release in one direction depending on their orientation. You *could* add a directional change mechanic with a careful arrangement of gears, but you'd be making the housing fairly large to accommodate the extra parts. It'd also be more prone to failure.

Let's drop the spin gear aspect for a moment and simplify, just assume we're trying to create a dual spin Neo Spin Gear. This means we'd have to do two things: rotate the platform the launcher hooks onto, and switch the side of the slit the Attack Ring fits into that's blocked off (or else the Attack Ring could fall off in one direction). That's the bare minimum requirements to make it work without risking separation, and though it's probably possible to fit a system inside to move both at once it's still something that would probably require removing the Attack Ring to do (both to access it without a specialized blade base to interact with it and to prevent the Attack Ring from getting hit by the switching slot direction) and would take quite a bit of space inside it.

Trying to shove an engine gear inside that seems rather ludicrous of an idea, the same as you've already said above. I can think of a possible way to do it (though it seems kinda janky in my head) but fitting that inside a system that already has some space taken just to change the orientation of the top half? Well, that'd be a bit difficult, and either very bulky or very ineffective. Possible, probably, but not easy.

Yeah i was more curious about to make it shoot in both ways and as you said above it could be really hard the only way i could think a old generation beyblade culd be dual rotating is if it's using one of those blade bases with the spin gear atatched, like griffolyon or salamalyon. But the engine gear might be even more dificult because of the gear system 

the only reason i asked was because i was wondering how to make a spriggan as a old generation bey
(Oct. 10, 2021  8:09 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2021  3:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Let's drop the spin gear aspect for a moment and simplify, just assume we're trying to create a dual spin Neo Spin Gear. This means we'd have to do two things: rotate the platform the launcher hooks onto, and switch the side of the slit the Attack Ring fits into that's blocked off (or else the Attack Ring could fall off in one direction). That's the bare minimum requirements to make it work without risking separation, and though it's probably possible to fit a system inside to move both at once it's still something that would probably require removing the Attack Ring to do (both to access it without a specialized blade base to interact with it and to prevent the Attack Ring from getting hit by the switching slot direction) and would take quite a bit of space inside it.

Yeah i was more curious about to make it shoot in both ways and as you said above it could be really hard the only way i could think a old generation beyblade culd be dual rotating is if it's using one of those blade bases with the spin gear atatched, like griffolyon or salamalyon. But the engine gear might be even more dificult because of the gear system 

the only reason i asked was because i was wondering how to make a spriggan as a old generation bey

Well, you could easily rotate the top to achieve the ability to launch it, but getting the attack ring to not fall off/get smashed with it and/or doing so without disassembly is what makes it hard.