[Unanswered]  What does weight do for a beyblade

I've made a heavy customization for one of my beyblades using a scale but what does the weight really do?
(May. 15, 2020  2:46 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: I've made a heavy customization for one of my beyblades using a scale but what does the weight really do?

Basic physics. Manipulating the weight of any object can alter how it performs. In terms of a spinning top heavier or lighter weights can determine its stamina, friction, rotation speed.
Different style weights that look "weird" distribute weight in different areas to either absorb or inflict more force when it comes into contact with another bey.

Take toys out of the equation and think of a tractor trailer, weighing 70000 pounds, hitting a Honda civic which weighs 3500 pounds..... which do you think will win?
it makes it either have more attack or better defense but i'm not so sure if it helps with stamina
(May. 15, 2020  2:46 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: I've made a heavy customization for one of my beyblades using a scale but what does the weight really do?

It makes the beyblade have better KO resistance. I think it makes it spin longer. Maybe because of momentum and stuff?
Thanks because I took my heaviest driver tower and put it on a turbo spriggan so it wouldn't Burst because tower has horrible burst resistance
(May. 15, 2020  2:55 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: Thanks because I took my heaviest driver tower and put it on a turbo spriggan so it wouldn't Burst because tower has horrible burst resistance
You shouldn't be using tower. Weight genuinely isn't as important as some people think. It's better to have a better driver or disk than a heavier one.
I was just doing random customs

Just to see if I can make a heavy one
Depending on where the weight is centered, different effects could come of it. WIth OWD (Outwards Weight Distribution) it generally gives a bey more centrifugal force giving it better stamina or attack depending on how its oriented. CWD or IWD (Central Weight Distribution or Inward Weight Distribution) usually gives a bey better defense and KO resistance due to a stronger center of gravity.

Having a heavier disk than the layer could also be a weakness. The inertia will cause the layer to stop first and the disk will continue to move, losing even more clicks than before.

I think that's how it works.
(May. 15, 2020  4:07 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: I was just doing random customs

Just to see if I can make a heavy one

most competitive drivers aren't the heaviest ones. In fact, competitive combos usually have the disks have most of the weight. (excluding the layer). These disks can vary from. Wheel, 0 wall, 00 wall, blitz, sting. etc.
Yeah I know but I was just using a scale and wanted to see how heavy it could be

My drivers I like the most are zeta-s, jaggy and yard-s
(May. 15, 2020  4:09 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Depending on where the weight is centered, different effects could come of it. WIth OWD (Outwards Weight Distribution) it generally gives a bey more centrifugal force giving it better stamina or attack depending on how its oriented. CWD or IWD (Central Weight Distribution or Inward Weight Distribution) usually gives a bey better defense and KO resistance due to a stronger center of gravity.

Having a heavier disk than the layer could also be a weakness. The inertia will cause the layer to stop first and the disk will continue to move, losing even more clicks than before.

I think that's how it works.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Also, using really heavy discs on attack combos with rubber drivers could cause them to lose stamina faster because of more friction.. 
And this is why sparking gen is so good. Because by making the chassis, the differenve in weight between the disc and the layer is drastically reduced. There is also a good OWD in the chassis part. This is what causes these beys to have such high burst resistance.
(May. 15, 2020  4:11 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: Yeah I know but I was just using a scale and wanted to see how heavy it could be

I was playing with the parts and made a very aggressive Beyblade burst
Here it is:

I took the jaggy driver and the air knight k4 top and put a 0 it is pretty simple

and  here is another easy and simple one:

I took the Eternal - S driver and I put it with the FORNEUS F4 top and the 0 forge disk,

it is simple but it is good
It tends to give more spin. In 8th grade science me and some friends took a turbo Achilles in sligshock mode and added washers to it, and it spinner longer than base Turbo Achilles
(Sep. 29, 2020  2:01 PM)Dank_0taku45 Wrote:
(May. 15, 2020  4:11 PM)Jdog757 Wrote: Yeah I know but I was just using a scale and wanted to see how heavy it could be

I was playing with the parts and made a very aggressive Beyblade burst
Here it is:

I took the jaggy driver and the air knight k4 top and put a 0 it is pretty simple

and  here is another easy and simple one:

I took the Eternal - S driver and I put it with the FORNEUS F4 top and the 0 forge disk,

it is simple but it is good

Ignore what I posted a few months ago, I had the Beyblade knowledge of a fly.