[Unanswered]  Still Broken Xtreme Line

I'm still looking for a concrete answer to this, because I plan on hosting a tournament and wanna figure out if it's legal or illegal. About a week and a half ago I was doing some battles and one of the gears on my Xtreme Line chipped off. Would that make it an illegal Stadium and not viable for ranked and or casual tournament use? (Not sure if this matters but fyi it was the BX-07 Start Dash Set Stadium)

sorry didn't mean to make two of em
(May. 22, 2024  1:14 AM)Frisk291 Wrote: I'm still looking for a concrete answer to this, because I plan on hosting a tournament and wanna figure out if it's legal or illegal. About a week and a half ago I was doing some battles and one of the gears on my Xtreme Line chipped off. Would that make it an illegal Stadium and not viable for ranked and or casual tournament use? (Not sure if this matters but fyi it was the BX-07 Start Dash Set Stadium)

My understanding is that as the Xtreme line is part of the play area and considered part of the stadium surface, any crack / damage to that surface would cause it to be considered illegal. However I had some reserves around this judgement based on the assumption that if the Xtreme line is still functional and doesn't impede performance or gameplay, then it could be down to host judgement. 

To confirm, I enquired with Shindog just to double check to make sure my assumption was correct and I wasn't giving you false information. 

For the most part, I was correct. 
Any damage to the Xtreme Line is indeed considered damage to the stadium surface and therefore makes the stadium illegal. 
He did however inform me that even if the Xtreme line is functional, that is irrelevant as the previous ruling is in effect and the stadium would still be considered illegal due to the damage. 

Hope this clears things up for you.
(May. 22, 2024  2:46 PM)FuzzNL Wrote:
(May. 22, 2024  1:14 AM)Frisk291 Wrote: I'm still looking for a concrete answer to this, because I plan on hosting a tournament and wanna figure out if it's legal or illegal. About a week and a half ago I was doing some battles and one of the gears on my Xtreme Line chipped off. Would that make it an illegal Stadium and not viable for ranked and or casual tournament use? (Not sure if this matters but fyi it was the BX-07 Start Dash Set Stadium)

My understanding is that as the Xtreme line is part of the play area and considered part of the stadium surface, any crack / damage to that surface would cause it to be considered illegal. However I had some reserves around this judgement based on the assumption that if the Xtreme line is still functional and doesn't impede performance or gameplay, then it could be down to host judgement. 

To confirm, I enquired with Shindog just to double check to make sure my assumption was correct and I wasn't giving you false information. 

Any damage to the Xtreme Line is indeed considered damage to the stadium surface and therefore makes the stadium illegal. 
He did however inform me that even if the Xtreme line is functional, that is irrelevant as the previous ruling is in effect and the stadium would still be considered illegal due to the damage. 

Was the guide ever updated to reflect this? Last time I checked it only mentioned the stadium floor.
(May. 22, 2024  4:07 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(May. 22, 2024  2:46 PM)FuzzNL Wrote: My understanding is that as the Xtreme line is part of the play area and considered part of the stadium surface, any crack / damage to that surface would cause it to be considered illegal. However I had some reserves around this judgement based on the assumption that if the Xtreme line is still functional and doesn't impede performance or gameplay, then it could be down to host judgement. 

Was the guide ever updated to reflect this? Last time I checked it only mentioned the stadium floor.

It wasn't, no.
This is something which I believe should be updated / added for the sake of clarity. 
I will follow up on this and see if it can added to avoid any future confusion. 

Will update in here once I know more. Smile

Yep that helps! Thanks! Would it still be illegal for Non Ranked tourneys? I would assume so, but just checking.

Follow up, does dents in the center of a stadium make it illegal?
I reached out regarding an update / change to the rules and have been informed that the best practice for this sort of thing is just put a thread on the forums requesting the change.

So... I've done exactly that.
You can find the proposal thread here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Proposa...ion-Change