[Answered]  Savior DB Blade: Awakened or Broken?

As you all probably know, the Savior DB blade has the ability to awaken via use that eventually results in three rubber pieces breaking off. However, I recently experienced a rather odd "Awakening" of sorts (One of the rubber pieces on the edge of one of the wings broke off), and was wondering if it was legal for tournaments or not due to my uncertainty of whether or not this was/is intended. I took two pictures to show what I mean by this:
Seems interesting to say the least. the only parts that are meant to be awakened as far as i'm aware is the 3 little tabs but i haven't seen any Savior awakened like this and that definitely doesn't look normal by Saviors standards. Whether or not, it's legal i guess will have to be determined by someone who is a bit more experienced because i have no clue.

Needless to say, your Savior definitely broke. Similar thing happened to me as well.
Welp only one way to find out
I think when it comes to actual part breakage, it comes down to whether or not it's called out in the manual as a feature (like Savior's rubber tabs, or 2D's blades). In this case, I'd be hard-pressed to say that's tournament legal. You can always take it to a judge and find out, but I wouldn't count on it being a part of your deck.
I very much appreciate the feedback. I'd now like to know if y'all would consider it tournament legal or not, as I'm not exactly sure.
(Sep. 30, 2021  1:40 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I very much appreciate the feedback. I'd now like to know if y'all would consider it tournament legal or not, as I'm not exactly sure.

I'm not sure if it would. the only parts that are really meant to come off are the little rubber tabs that are in front of the 3 wings, your case is different as the rubber on the tip of the wings came off and they really aren't supposed to do that but i guess we can blame TT for giving this part extremely soft rubber

To answer your question: Probably not
The Savior blade is broken and doesn't count as a legal awakening like how the 3 rubber tabs on it being broken off would. In the rulebook it says something about when parts are broken during battle they have to be replaced or it counts as a loss. It's safe to say that it isn't legal for any WBO Tournaments and it would have to be replaced.
(Sep. 30, 2021  1:49 AM)Cindercast Wrote: The Savior blade is broken and doesn't count as a legal awakening like how the 3 rubber tabs on it being broken off would. In the rulebook it says something about when parts are broken during battle they have to be replaced or it counts as a loss. It's safe to say that it isn't legal for any WBO Tournaments and it would have to be replaced.

I originally asked if it was broken or not so I could use the rule you're talking about to classify it as illegal/legal... and then I forgot all about it 😅. Thank you reminding me!
(Sep. 30, 2021  1:48 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2021  1:40 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I very much appreciate the feedback. I'd now like to know if y'all would consider it tournament legal or not, as I'm not exactly sure.

I'm not sure if it would. the only parts that are really meant to come off are the little rubber tabs that are in front of the 3 wings, your case is different as the rubber on the tip of the wings came off and they really aren't supposed to do that but i guess we can blame TT for giving this part extremely soft rubber

To answer your question: Probably not

Yeah, Cindercast reminded me of a rule covering this in the rulebook. Definitely not legal for tournament use, which is a huge R.I.P., but at least it's getting a rerelease next weekend.

Thank you again for the help everyone!
(Sep. 30, 2021  3:15 PM)Makinghistory1 Wrote: In the MHBBA I’d say it’s legal!

Sadly we don't play by those rules here, and the question is clearly based on our own WBO ruleset.