[Unanswered]  How long will this launcher last?

How long will this launcher last? Sorry if this might be a question too big for it's onw thread, but I will need the answer. I have launched it a few dozen times, and I don't click in my beyblades to the launchers. For number 1: How long will it take for the string to fray? 2: How long will it take for the launcher to skip gears? 3: How long will it take for the launcher to not grip on to the grip? It is just a TT LR string launcher (Got it from Malloftoys)
There’s no real answers for how long a launcher actually lasts, there are way too many user and component variables to calculate it. There’s generally user feedback on how “durable” a launcher is and a standard LR string launcher is “okay” durability wise from my experience. Left spin mode will probably be damaged well before right spin due to the placement of the gears internally.

TLDR; my answer is that your TT LR string launcher will last until it breaks and becomes unrepairable. Being careful with it will hopefully let it last longer.
(Apr. 06, 2021  5:39 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: There’s no real answers for how long a launcher actually lasts, there are way too many user and component variables to calculate it. There’s generally user feedback on how “durable” a launcher is and a standard LR string launcher is “okay” durability wise from my experience. Left spin mode will probably be damaged well before right spin due to the placement of the gears internally.

TLDR; my answer is that your TT LR string launcher will last until it breaks and becomes unrepairable. Being careful with it will hopefully let it last longer.

Um, not exactly the answer I was looking for, but yet again, the answer would have to be really complex, so can't complain. Thanks anyway though! Also, I was really meaning that how many launchs I could perform before something so bad happened that it's unusable.
(Apr. 06, 2021  11:22 PM)SeaBASS90 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2021  5:39 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: There’s no real answers for how long a launcher actually lasts, there are way too many user and component variables to calculate it.  There’s generally user feedback on how “durable” a launcher is and a standard LR string launcher is “okay” durability wise from my experience.  Left spin mode will probably be damaged well before right spin due to the placement of the gears internally.

TLDR; my answer is that your TT LR string launcher will last until it breaks and becomes unrepairable.  Being careful with it will hopefully let it last longer.

Um, not exactly the answer I was looking for, but yet again, the answer would have to be really complex, so can't complain. Thanks anyway though! Also, I was really meaning that how many launchs I could perform before something so bad happened that it's unusable.

idk maybe 20?

my dad bought fake (on purpose) and it is holding up really well
Either fortunately or unfortunately, the answer is the same. In terms of LR string launchers, my Cho-Z Achilles long LR string launcher has had well over 300 launches (I'm only ballparking it) and aside from the occasional string snag which I have to open it for; it's still entirely useable. Others have had worse experiences with that same launcher so that's why my answer is so open-ended. If you're lucky, your launcher can last you hundreds of launches.

My Hasbro LR string launcher hasn't had anywhere close to number of launches my Cho-Z Achilles launchers have had, but its left spin is super messed up (gears look fine and the internals of the launcher prongs look fine). With all the launchers I own, I can only say that they last until the day they don't.
(Apr. 06, 2021  11:36 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: Either fortunately or unfortunately, the answer is the same. In terms of LR string launchers, my Cho-Z Achilles long LR string launcher has had well over 300 launches (I'm only ballparking it) and aside from the occasional string snag which I have to open it for; it's still entirely useable. Others have had worse experiences with that same launcher so that's why my answer is so open-ended. If you're lucky, your launcher can last you hundreds of launches.

My Hasbro LR string launcher hasn't had anywhere close to number of launches my Cho-Z Achilles launchers have had, but its left spin is super messed up (gears look fine and the internals of the launcher prongs look fine). With all the launchers I own, I can only say that they last until the day they don't.

^^^
I've been using my Cho-Z Achilles LR launcher since I got it, and it still works to this day! Sometimes I have to fiddle with it when the retraction system gets stuck, but other than that it's held up great!

In regards to which launcher is better overall, I think that would be string launchers. The only real problem they can have is with the string retraction system (or in the case of sparking launchers, the cloth covering the string can get frayed). Meanwhile ripcord launchers always inevitably wear down; either by the gears getting worn, the ripcord's teeth getting damaged, or the outer casing of the launcher wearing away from the ripcord.