[Unanswered]  Help for a very confused father

Without going into super specifics, I feel like my son would really like the concept of beyblade.

Since I know nothing about any of this (was kinda confused looking at options at a store I went to), where's a good place to start? I see these big plastic bowls, then there's these box sets. There's these two pack with the actual tops, but it looks like the zippers are sold separately. Am I overthinking this? It LOOKS simple enough, but you can never be too sure anymore.

Edit: Thank you all for the great feedback! I'll be sure to look through all options you've presented to me. Cheers!
It depends on how much you’d like to spend on your kid(s). It can range from 30$ to 100$+ due to whether or not you care on having variety and authenticity.
I’m assuming you are in the US look for the new X releases, so I’ll list a budget option and normal battle set option
Budget: ~30-45$

Do not get SINGLE packs YET. Singles have tiny launcher that aren’t good

1. Green bucket stadium (12$)
2. Any 2 pack. Buy either 1 or 2 sets depending on if you want variety (15$ each)
3. 2 BLACK Winders sold separate (8$ each)
4. (EXTRA): Phoenix Wing+red launch pack (20$)

Regular:
1. Beyblade X Battle set (50$): comes with small launchers, but has something much more similar to the standard X stadium.
2. Any 2 pack (15$)
3. 2 black winder launchers sold seperate (8$)
4. (Extra) Phoenix Wing+ red launcher pack (20$)

If you get Phoenix wing, feel free to just get 1 black Winder launcher instead. Using the white/black small launchers in the single and battle set pack don’t work effectively in free play or anything. Hope this helps, if you need links lemme know
(Jun. 19, 2024  6:23 PM)lil-iz Wrote: It depends on how much you’d like to spend on your kid(s). It can range from 30$ to 100$+ due to whether or not you care on having variety and authenticity.
I’m assuming you are in the US look for the new X releases, so I’ll list a budget option and normal battle set option

2. Any 2 pack. Buy either 1 or 2 sets depending on if you want variety (15$ each)

Regular:
1. Beyblade X Battle set (50$): comes with small launchers, but has something much more similar to the standard X stadium.
2. Any 2 pack (15$)

If you get Phoenix wing, feel free to just get 1 black Winder launcher instead. Using the white/black small launchers in the single and battle set pack don’t work effectively in free play or anything. Hope this helps, if you need links lemme know

The launchers really don’t matter, as well the accuracy of the stadium. Their son isn’t getting into competitive nor is expecting some sort of standard, he’s probably only 6 or something.
(Jun. 19, 2024  6:31 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2024  6:23 PM)lil-iz Wrote: It depends on how much you’d like to spend on your kid(s). It can range from 30$ to 100$+ due to whether or not you care on having variety and authenticity.

Regular:
2. Any 2 pack (15$)

The launchers really don’t matter, as well the accuracy of the stadium. Their son isn’t getting into competitive nor is expecting some sort of standard, he’s probably only 6 or something.

I see your point and agree with most of it. However, 6 year old little Timmy isn’t going to think beyblade is that fun when his toys spin for 5 seconds. If he watches the show it’ll be worse :-:
(Jun. 19, 2024  9:30 PM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2024  6:31 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: The launchers really don’t matter, as well the accuracy of the stadium. Their son isn’t getting into competitive nor is expecting some sort of standard, he’s probably only 6 or something.

I see your point and agree with most of it. However, 6 year old little Timmy isn’t going to think beyblade is that fun when his toys spin for 5 seconds. If he watches the show it’ll be worse :-:

You’d be surprised, children lack the brain power to ruin things for themselves.
Here’s what I recommend.

Get the hasbro stadium set which comes with 2 beyblades, the stadium, and 2 launchers. And buy one or 2 stand alone beys.

Let him play with the stadium pack for a day or until his enthusiasm waivers; then give him one of the booster packs let him open it tell him he can switch parts in and out to make his own combos and I think his imagination will take it from there.