[Unanswered]  Extensive bey types?

I've been starting to get a little more competitive in blading after my hiatus and lately I've been hearing terms like "Knockout Defense" and "Mobile Stamina" types. I haven't been able to find any post about a list of all of these and what they do, and I want to know about them all. Can someone point me in the direction of a post that does or list them for me here?
(Sep. 19, 2022  12:46 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: I've been starting to get a little more competitive in blading after my hiatus and lately I've been hearing terms like "Knockout Defense" and "Mobile Stamina" types. I haven't been able to find any post about a list of all of these and what they do, and I want to know about them all. Can someone point me in the direction of a post that does or list them for me here?

I'm not sure if there's any one post that has a complete list, or if there's even an official name for these terms, but I'll do my best to explain. Do note that as the metagame changes from generation to generation (Plastic Gen -> MFB -> Burst) so do the terms, as well as what is and isn't viable.

So to start, Knockout Defense, as the name implies, aims to defend against being knocked out, usually by either being heavier than the opposing bey, having a strong grip on the stadium with a sharp or curved rubber tip, or both. It also helps to have a design that is low in recoil, such as the Earth wheel from MFB or Maximum Garuda from Burst.

Mobile Stamina aims to have a long spin time, while still being mobile and not sitting in the center of the stadium. This is almost entirely dependent on the tip used; however weight distribution can also have an impact in maximizing spin times. Usually flat or semi-flat tips made of metal are used, since they have lower friction but a shape that encourages movement.

I think the best way to describe these would be "splinter types" or simply "niches". They're not purely one type, rather they focus on one type and the desired secondary performance. Something I'd like to note is that there appears to be correlation between a healthy type triangle (with rock/paper/scissors-style matchups), and the number of various "niche types" that appear. The more balanced each type is against the others, the more players will experiment and try to either improve their strengths or reduce their weaknesses.