[Unanswered]  Do Metal Drivers HAVE To be Attack Drivers?

So I just thought of how Metal drivers act in stadiums. For example, the “Weight” Driver has metal, and although the driver is intended to be stamina driver, it can perform as an attack type if I simply launch hard enough. It still maintains stamina, however it almost never stays in the centre. I find that metal drivers commonly act as attack drivers if you simply launch hard enough. My question is if it’s possible to make a metal driver that takes the centre quickly, and does not act aggressively.
(Jan. 12, 2019  10:28 PM)Charged Diamond Wrote: So I just thought of how Metal drivers act in stadiums. For example, the “Weight” Driver has metal, and although the driver is intended to be stamina driver, it can perform as an attack type if I simply launch hard enough. It still maintains stamina, however it almost never stays in the centre. I find that metal drivers commonly act as attack drivers if you simply launch hard enough. My question is if it’s possible to make a metal driver that takes the centre quickly, and does not act aggressively.

A cone tip or a free-spinning tip may work. I don't think it is the material used so much as it is the construction/shape of the driver tip. Don't forget that the plastic around the ball increases surface area as well.
Also, the metal ball tip in the metal series does pretty well in staying in the center. But to be honest all drivers go around the stadium if launched hard enough.
(Jan. 12, 2019  10:52 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: Also, the metal ball tip in the metal series does pretty well in staying in the center. But to be honest all drivers go around the stadium if launched hard enough.

To be fair, that is the case with most drivers. Thanks for the info! I’ll research the metal ball tip from metal fight. Smile

(Jan. 12, 2019  10:35 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2019  10:28 PM)Charged Diamond Wrote: So I just thought of how Metal drivers act in stadiums. For example, the “Weight” Driver has metal, and although the driver is intended to be stamina driver, it can perform as an attack type if I simply launch hard enough. It still maintains stamina, however it almost never stays in the centre. I find that metal drivers commonly act as attack drivers if you simply launch hard enough. My question is if it’s possible to make a metal driver that takes the centre quickly, and does not act aggressively.

A cone tip or a free-spinning tip may work. I don't think it is the material used so much as it is the construction/shape of the driver tip. Don't forget that the plastic around the ball increases surface area as well.
So I may be trying a free spinning driver that is metal. But I just want to ask you what surface area means in Beyblade. I think that your comment could help me when I design my driver though. Thank you, and please answer my question.

(Jan. 12, 2019  10:52 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: Also, the metal ball tip in the metal series does pretty well in staying in the center. But to be honest all drivers go around the stadium if launched hard enough.

Any chance you can name the tip please?
In MFB it's literally just called metal ball.
[quote pid='1489490' dateline='1547337216']

(Jan. 12, 2019  10:35 PM)Dragunix Wrote: A cone tip or a free-spinning tip may work. I don't think it is the material used so much as it is the construction/shape of the driver tip. Don't forget that the plastic around the ball increases surface area as well.
So I may be trying a free spinning driver that is metal. But I just want to ask you what surface area means in Beyblade. I think that your comment could help me when I design my driver though. Thank you, and please answer my question.
[/quote]

Surface area is basically how much of the tip makes contact with the stadium floor at a time.

For example, Flat has low surface area in comparison to Giga Flat (a MFB example). This is due to the fact that more of the tip is touching the floor at the same time.

In the case of Weight, the low friction of the metal ball theoretically decreases friction and aggressive movement. However, the plastic around the ball is still pretty low-set and touches the stadium often as well. Even if the part making contact is a thin ring of plastic, it still increases friction regardless. Weight may not be Unite or Merge, but it loses stamina and moves a tiny bit aggressively because of this structure.

It may also be due to how the metal ball was made, but I have no idea, since the free-spinning metal ball we do have on Planet is made ineffective by the GB145 type balls in it, as well as dust that gets trapped behind the metal ball, which is smaller than Orbit and doesn't move as freely.

As mentioned before, materials can also affect the speed of a tip, as Xtreme moves more quickly than Assault (no idea if they are similar in diameter).
(Jan. 13, 2019  1:02 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: In MFB it's literally just called metal ball.

Ok thank you sorry I didn’t know that XD

(Jan. 13, 2019  1:39 AM)Dragunix Wrote: [quote pid='1489490' dateline='1547337216']

(Jan. 12, 2019  10:35 PM)Dragunix Wrote: A cone tip or a free-spinning tip may work. I don't think it is the material used so much as it is the construction/shape of the driver tip. Don't forget that the plastic around the ball increases surface area as well.

Surface area is basically how much of the tip makes contact with the stadium floor at a time.

For example, Flat has low surface area in comparison to Giga Flat (a MFB example). This is due to the fact that more of the tip is touching the floor at the same time.

In the case of Weight, the low friction of the metal ball theoretically decreases friction and aggressive movement. However, the plastic around the ball is still pretty low-set and touches the stadium often as well. Even if the part making contact is a thin ring of plastic, it still increases friction regardless. Weight may not be Unite or Merge, but it loses stamina and moves a tiny bit aggressively because of this structure.

It may also be due to how the metal ball was made, but I have no idea, since the free-spinning metal ball we do have on Planet is made ineffective by the GB145 type balls in it, as well as dust that gets trapped behind the metal ball, which is smaller than Orbit and doesn't move as freely.

As mentioned before, materials can also affect the speed of a tip, as Xtreme moves more quickly than Assault (no idea if they are similar in diameter).
[/quote]

So theoretically, if I make a driver similar to the shape of bearing, and put a plastic piece around the metal, (both metal and plastic come in contact with the stadium, not always at the same time) it could move aggressively? Also, would the metal give it less or more stamina IF it just take the centre, (in theory)
(Jan. 13, 2019  5:07 AM)Charged Diamond Wrote: Dragunix

So theoretically, if I make a driver similar to the shape of bearing, and put a plastic piece around the metal, (both metal and plastic come in contact with the stadium, not always at the same time) it could move aggressively? Also, would the metal give it less or more stamina IF it just take the centre, (in theory)
[/quote]
It depends. Weight is stationary, with a material around it with slightly more friction and not much space for the metal ball to move without touching the plastic to the stadium floor. With Bearing, it moves around like it does right now due to the way they made the tip iirc, because hard launching Bearing does induce aggressive movement. However, if you added a plastic ridge to a similarly shaped metal piece, it could gain traction and move aggressively.

I'm not too sure where this plastic piece may go, but depending on where it is, it may affect how much the plastic touches the stadium and creates more friction. You also have to consider the fact that Bearing is extremely free-spinning, further reducing friction on top of its POM cone tip. 

Sorry if the explanation seemed off. I don't have an IRL example to really compare too, but SWD (Sharp Wide Defense) from MFB is what I envisioned the shape of your proposed tip to be similar to when writing this.
(Jan. 13, 2019  4:21 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2019  5:07 AM)Charged Diamond Wrote: Dragunix

It depends. Weight is stationary, with a material around it with slightly more friction and not much space for the metal ball to move without touching the plastic to the stadium floor. With Bearing, it moves around like it does right now due to the way they made the tip iirc, because hard launching Bearing does induce aggressive movement. However, if you added a plastic ridge to a similarly shaped metal piece, it could gain traction and move aggressively.

I'm not too sure where this plastic piece may go, but depending on where it is, it may affect how much the plastic touches the stadium and creates more friction. You also have to consider the fact that Bearing is extremely free-spinning, further reducing friction on top of its POM cone tip. 

Sorry if the explanation seemed off. I don't have an IRL example to really compare too, but SWD (Sharp Wide Defense) from MFB is what I envisioned the shape of your proposed tip to be similar to when writing this.
[/quote]

Thank you! This is actually exactly what i was looking for when I asked. Also, sorry for the late response.

Also, does anybody know how to make this thread answered?