[Unanswered]  Buying from Japan CHEAP

So I love getting all those fancy new boosters from Japan, or at least I would if I could buy them for the actual 8.50 USD instead of $40 on Amazon!!! So Here is my question; Is there a site/service that offers LOW shipping from Japan to US, or would it be cheaper to go to Japan and buy every bey in bulk?
(May. 08, 2018  4:30 PM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: So I love getting all those fancy new boosters from Japan, or at least I would if I could buy them for the actual 8.50 USD instead of $40 on Amazon!!! So Here is my question; Is there a site/service that offers LOW shipping from Japan to US, or would it be cheaper to go to Japan and buy every bey in bulk?

It's kinda hard to find cheap ones. You can always try eBay but you could get scanned and there isn't always fast shipping. Shipping is a lot due to the fact that it has to come overseas. The best way you can find cheap ones is to but fakes or to but ones that have free shipping but that take a while to ship. I bought a Sr that was $30 but shipping took over 3 weeks, than  getting on that was $46 that would come in 4 days
8.50 USD!? Sorry mate but that's going to be a tough search. Rarely any booster goes below 10 USD.
But there was a thread about how to buy beyblade's directly from Japan posted by Kai-V a while ago.
So check it out here!
Hope this helps!
This thread is currently the best compilation of cheap prices from eBay (from known legit sellers), with most Beyblades being about $20 USD or so. $40 is definitely not the average.

You can try scouring Yahoo Japan Auctions, but I don't find people reselling for store amounts (since they bought it in person and are reselling for higher to make something from it) and then the shipping and middlemen add up. eBay sellers like pvccard.expert and skyliners2012 are just really fair with their prices, so they're hard to beat.

You could try checking AmiAmi, which seems to only be good when items just come out, and then they seem to stay out of stock after that. But beyond that, you might find this thread helpful. (Edit: Suhasini beat me to that link. This is the same one)

If anyone knows anything else, hopefully they share! Or if you find anything better, let us know! eBay is the best many of us have found.
Samurai Buyer they accept cash in $ and u get everything for japan price dont how much it will cost for shipping but u can beleive on them
(May. 08, 2018  4:47 PM)sidz2505 Wrote: Samurai Buyer they accept cash in $ and u get everything for japan price dont how much it will cost for shipping but u can beleive on them

That's one of the middleman services, and with these, you have to pay shipping twice sometimes and then also the middleman fee. And from what I can tell, they only do the EMS shipping, which is fast but costly. (Sometimes, if the item is too big, then you have to do EMS though anyway.)

Zen Market is a cheaper one that lets you pick other shipping options. But again, you'll have to do your own hunting and comparing of the numbers.

By paying for shipping twice, I mean you have to pay for the item to be shipped to them (which may be free sometimes), and then you also have to pay for it to be shipped to you. Between all the shipping costs and middleman fee, the eBay options in leosama's thread I linked can often beat them. It really depends on what all the numbers are though.

For instance, pvccard.expert has Screw Trident for about $14 USD with tracking while buying from Zen Market will be $21 or so shipping for the cheapest Yahoo auction I see and about $12-13 from Amazon.jp (going by Amazon's provided weight of 113g for both). Plus fees from putting in your money, since Paypal or whatever will take a cut.

But it's difficult to estimate the exact price because it depends on how much the package will weigh when Zen Market ships it. And even they don't know exactly the price of the shipping from the seller until they go to do the buying. I recently ordered something I thought would weigh 2400g and it came in at 3800g from the Yahoo Auction seller, messing with my calculations. (On the bright side, the shipping from the seller to ZM was cheaper than ZM estimated.) And now I'm waiting to find out what the actual shipping weight will be once my different purchases are combined.

I just started with ZM and haven't gotten my items yet, but for a possible $1-2 difference (that might not even be there), the eBay sellers are just far more convenient from where I'm looking. You pay, they ship cheaply (most with tracking, too), then just wait for it to arrive. ZM takes a bit more work on your part, and I imagine something like Samurai Buyer would be the same but more expensive.