[Unanswered]  BeyBlade & Bladers how much they matter?

How much the Blader actually matter in a match? Be honest please!
I would say Blader is 40% and Bey is 60% of it!
Let me hear your opinions!
I'd say the blader does a bit more. they make the bey combo,choose the angle they launch the bey,and how hard they launch it.
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:10 PM)Instarez Wrote: I'd say the blader does a bit more. they make the bey combo,choose the angle they launch the bey,and how hard they launch it.

Honestly Beyblade requires very little skill to use when it comes to execution. The combo really matters the most. Choosing a good deck is a different story, however.
This is an interesting topic that is bugging me for some time. I saw many kids play in tournament, with their parents buying and building the deck for them.

The question is who deserve more credit, the parents (manager & combo builder) or the kids (executor)?
Beyblade anyday, I would agree with Armor, it takes less skill
Definately Beyblade and more specifically combination. Let's face it hK.3.Sw is never going to defeat LS.0W.Br no matter how good the Kerbeus blader is and how bad the Spriggan blader is.
Most of the skill in blading comes with the use of attack combinations. Other blader skills like combination and counter decisions along with balance tuning etc make a difference meta vs meta.
Let's put the questions in a slightly different way.

If 2 decks are identical (same top meta combo, well-tuned), what is the odd of a highly skilled blader winning against a intermediate skill blader?

50:50 ? 75:25 ? 90:10 ?
(Nov. 14, 2019  3:45 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: Let's put the questions in a slightly different way.

If 2 decks are identical (same top meta combo, well-tuned), what is the odd of a highly skilled blader winning against a intermediate skill blader?

Then it really depends on reading your opponent. I would assume the intermediate skill blader would know how to use his beys, so there isn't really much of a difference here.
(Nov. 15, 2019  3:53 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2019  3:45 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: Let's put the questions in a slightly different way.

Then it really depends on reading your opponent. I would assume the intermediate skill blader would know how to use his beys, so there isn't really much of a difference here.
I agree.

There are 2 main category of the skill/knowledge: pre-match and in-match.

Pre-match: (1) combo deck building (2) tuning of bey (3) use best launcher (4) launch angle and strength for each bey. These are more bey related. Intermediate blader can do all these homework. If they can't they easily get help or google. So this part of skill/knowledge is an even playing field. No diff between intermediate vs advanced bladers.

In-match: 
(1) arrange the best deck sequence by judging the opponent
(2) vary the launch strength and tilt angle depends on opponent bey 
(3) determine target bey landing location 
(4) use body language to deceive your opponent 
(5) stay composed and not to make launch error
All in-match skill cannot be done ahead of time, need on-the-spot decision and execution.

I would say pre-match knowledge 70% (bey related), luck 20%, in-match skill 10% (blader related).
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:51 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:10 PM)Instarez Wrote: I'd say the blader does a bit more. they make the bey combo,choose the angle they launch the bey,and how hard they launch it.

Honestly Beyblade requires very little skill to use when it comes to execution. The combo really matters the most. Choosing a good deck is a different story, however.
Tell that to attack types.
(Nov. 15, 2019  8:45 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:51 PM)Armor Wrote: Honestly Beyblade requires very little skill to use when it comes to execution. The combo really matters the most. Choosing a good deck is a different story, however.
Tell that to attack types.

Do you want me to say some skill instead? I'm definitely not saying a lot of skill. As long as you can launch with a steady hand, you should be fine.
(Nov. 15, 2019  10:16 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  8:45 PM)bladekid Wrote: Tell that to attack types.

Do you want me to say some skill instead? I'm definitely not saying a lot of skill. As long as you can launch with a steady hand, you should be fine.
It does take a lot of skill to properly use attack types. Even just launching with a steady hand won't be enough in a lot of cases. You need to be able to predict where your opponent will launch and where their bey will land. You need to be able to bank at the proper angle and even more specifics.
Id say its half-half. Half the effort is from the Blader who works hard to improve their skills and Bey, and the other half is how the Bey performs. Luck is a random occurance, too
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:25 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  10:16 PM)Armor Wrote: Do you want me to say some skill instead? I'm definitely not saying a lot of skill. As long as you can launch with a steady hand, you should be fine.
It does take a lot of skill to properly use attack types. Even just launching with a steady hand won't be enough in a lot of cases. You need to be able to predict where your opponent will launch and where their bey will land. You need to be able to bank at the proper angle and even more specifics.

I thought the typical aim was to just get a flower pattern? Being able to predict is just a guess, it's not really something that you can guarantee.
(Nov. 16, 2019  3:46 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:25 AM)bladekid Wrote: It does take a lot of skill to properly use attack types. Even just launching with a steady hand won't be enough in a lot of cases. You need to be able to predict where your opponent will launch and where their bey will land. You need to be able to bank at the proper angle and even more specifics.

I thought the typical aim was to just get a flower pattern? Being able to predict is just a guess, it's not really something that you can guarantee.
Not really, a good attack blader should be able to at least be able to know how to launch based on how your and the opposing beyblade are going to move around. And even if it was just the sliding shoot, it's a pretty hard technique to master even if it is a simple concept.
Its depends alot on the person too. They both have an equal impact on the outcome
I really think the Blader is most important, the launch is where it’s at. The ranking prove consistently that it’s the person, mostly launch then the tactic of parts. Only because you don’t know what your coming up agains. If it was more the blade the game would be about who has paid to have the blade that out ranks the other. Don’t get me wrong that element does happen but I still think it’s in the launch.
A weak combo will always lose to the strong combo. The odd is so overwhelming that it is hard for skill to make up for the weak combo.

Only when the combo of both players are on equal match, the launch skill comes into the picture. Even then, luck plays a big role, and arguably more so than launch skill.
In honestly, the blader plays like 20%. They make the bey (5%), and launch (15%). The bey actually does the work.
I'm glad that this thread had so many replies.
I think that at the end of the day a "bad" Blader with a "strong" Bey, can defeat a "good" Blader with a "weak" Bey most of times.
So yeah, at the end of the day, choose and build a good Bey is the most important "skill", I guess. Back in the Plastic Bey days (I was really young) I practiced a lot with my Team, we tried to improve by training so hard and that was indeed so much fun, but after a while I had to admit to myself that a good bey was like 90% of the work, it is a bitterweet memory... I saw several Bladers practicing so much and get no results at all, then they got a new "better" Bey (regardless of the type) and they start to win way more often.
Sooo, I will say that training is indeed so much fun, but the most important thing is been able to get good parts and build a good combo.
So yeah, have a good Bey is the most important thing, I guess we can all agree on that.
Sad thing is that spoiled brat can win most of time due to that, lol!
Said that, I really don't like those that keep on following the "meta" of Beys like an obsession and switch Bey every month. I had so much fun with my Galeon back then, and sure after a while I moved on to a newer Bey as well, but I think that is nice to have a special "bond" with a Bey you really like, even if is not the best around, and try to win against "stronger" ones. You will loose more times, indeed, but the victory will be so much sweeter!
I think it depends of the launcher, let`s suppose that the first battle of two kids is a mirror match of Z achilles 11 Xt , the bladers are "Clones" but one used the starter launcher and the other the string launcher, everyone knows who winned that match.
(Dec. 07, 2019  8:12 PM)Ali Baba Wrote: I think it depends of the launcher, let`s suppose that the first battle of two kids is a mirror match of Z achilles 11 Xt , the bladers are "Clones" but one  used the starter launcher and the other the string launcher, everyone knows who winned that match.

I think we can assume we have a good launcher. While you're right(this is very important), I don't see the point of evaluating the launcher. We need it to be good.
(Nov. 14, 2019  9:40 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: This is an interesting topic that is bugging me for some time. I saw many kids play in tournament, with their parents buying and building the deck for them.

The question is who deserve more credit, the parents (manager & combo builder) or the kids (executor)?

not everyone makes their parents do it all for them that would be about 50%
They way i see it is beyblade is 50/50 between the bey and the blader as partners though watching your bey for some time can sometimes show you how to better your launch