Types of Attacks

Using this thread for pages about attacks.

http://www.beywiki.com/index.php/Upper_Attack Upper Attack page. Could use some pictures.
Here Brad, have a Smash Attack article:

Tamer Brad Wrote:Smash Attack – The How and Why

Tamer Brad
09-23-2007, 02:44 PM
(Yes, I will adapt this for the Wiki eventually.)

Smash attack is one of the most effective kinds of attacks in Beyblade. The object of it is to hit the opposing Beyblade with enough force to deplete most of its spinning power in one hit or knock it out of the stadium in a single hit.

However, many people have misconceptions about how to use it effectively. Here are some guidelines to using smash attack.

The Smaller the Attack Point, the Higher the Pressure

The smaller the point of contact is, the more weight is put behind that single contact point. Ideally, narrow attack points are best. Have you ever noticed that many smash ARs have small notches on the points of contact? This is to increase pressure.

Movement Speed Vs. Spinning Velocity

Smash attacking Beyblades should not be expected to last for very long at all. Aggressive Beyblades usually end the match in a few seconds or lose. Spinning velocity is not important for smash attack; movement speed is. Ideally, smash attack Beyblades should have a flat tip -- preferably rubber -- and a very light weight.

Why Wide WD's are Necessary: Weight Distribution

As just discussed, light weight is a very important part of movement speed. However, there is another reason for wide WD's: weight distribution.

A Beyblade with a heavy WD will have most of its weight focused on the center, and this will contribute to a lack of movement. However, a wide WD will have most of its weight concentrated far from the center ... this kind of centrifugal force will literally push the Beyblade's movement. Smash attack Beyblades should have most of their weight on the furthest points from the center.

Opposite Spin Direction Vs. Same Spin Direction

There is a lot of discussion about which of these is proper for smash attack. The truth is, they are both useful.

When Beyblades are spinning in the same direction, they are spinning into each other. This causes a very high amount of collision and recoil that can be used to defeat the opponent quickly. The problem is, this recoil can affect you as well.

Same spin direction is interesting in the fact that with smash, you can cause a lot of damage. While the Beyblade's SPIN DIRECTION isn't moving into each other, the Beyblades themselves are moving in opposite directions around the stadium (NOTE: this doesn't apply for Beyblades that stay entirely still). At this point, your entire Beyblade becomes a moving attack point, and if you hit the opponent early on they will have a very low chance of recovery.

I know this article is roughly written, but I just decided to write it in like five minutes. If you have any questions about smash, please post them here.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Tamer Brad
09-24-2007, 04:08 AM
this is the last time i help you, ingrates
AnnieDuck Wrote:AnnieDuck
09-24-2007, 04:24 AM
maybe you just covered it so well no-one had any questions
Tamer Brad Wrote:Tamer Brad
09-24-2007, 04:26 AM
in that case, i am disappointed with how effective this article was

Haha, I can post the rest of the thread if you want. Blue made a good post.
Thanks for that. I'll make sure to edit out the word "centrifugal" so I don't get ripped to pieces again.
Oh, and for the pictures, how do you want it? Just a gallery of the ARs or would you want some examples with arrows?
G Wrote:Oh, and for the pictures, how do you want it? Just a gallery of the ARs or would you want some examples with arrows?

Arrows would be neat.
I was about to add it up, but I wasn't sure if it was good enough.
[Image: Upper.jpg]

Changes?
That's perfect.
I accidentally deleted your upload, but I re-added. I also added a gallery.
Looks great G, thanks! Working on Smash Attack article now.
Here's the Smash Attack article so far, not done: http://beywiki.com/index.php/Smash_Attack

Will be going back to edit the Upper Attack article to make it more comprehensive.
Should u use a MG WD for a Smash Attack blade?
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:Should u use a MG WD for a Smash Attack blade?

I don't think so.
yah, it didnt work too well....well, neither did my one based exactly on your instructions (Dragoon S BB, Light WD, Left SG, and Dragoon G AR)
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:yah, it didnt work too well....well, neither did my one based exactly on your instructions (Dragoon S BB, Light WD, Left SG, and Dragoon G AR)

What did you use it against?
What stadium?

You have to take all of this into account.
Beyblade: Its my Reverse Force Smash (Driger G AR, Draciel S BB, Left SG, and 10 heavy) inside the Hasbro EarthQuake Arena
That Beyblade is incredibly heavy ... of course it didn't work. We'd never select a Smash Attacker to fight that Beyblade.
Lol, awesome... an anti smash beyblade.... and an equal-to-upper-attack beyblade, sweet. actually its better than an upper attack, because theres no way u could lift this, except in the show where they defy the laws of reality lol.
However, a good Survival type would beat it easily. Not one Beyblade is good for all situations.
Yah my blades tend to suck against endurance types.
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:Yah my blades tend to suck against endurance types.

Maybe you should make one that doesn't. Gasp!
and what kind of blade would that be exactly? (Rules out id his head....Attack = No, Defence = Maybe, Endurance = maybe, combination = Maybe Defence/Endurance, balanced = maybe, Upper attack = no, Smash attack = no, Force smash = maybe.)

Well i guess ill give my reasons. Attack misses, Defence will hit the same place, endurance....duh, Combination is because of the same reason of why i said for defence, Balance usually doesnt kill it for me though, Upper attack is because u cant lift the heavy endurance blade, Smash attack cant hurt heavy blades easily and it will miss, Force Smash because it has the same height which makes it a little worse.Note that these are based on my logic.
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:and what kind of blade would that be exactly? (Rules out id his head....Attack = No, Defence = Maybe, Endurance = maybe, combination = Maybe Defence/Endurance, balanced = maybe, Upper attack = no, Smash attack = no, Force smash = maybe.)

Well i guess ill give my reasons. Attack misses, Defence will hit the same place, endurance....duh, Combination is because of the same reason of why i said for defence, Balance usually doesnt kill it for me though, Upper attack is because u cant lift the heavy endurance blade, Smash attack cant hurt heavy blades easily and it will miss, Force Smash because it has the same height which makes it a little worse.Note that these are based on my logic.

You really, really have a lot to learn man.
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:and what kind of blade would that be exactly? (Rules out id his head....Attack = No, Defence = Maybe, Endurance = maybe, combination = Maybe Defence/Endurance, balanced = maybe, Upper attack = no, Smash attack = no, Force smash = maybe.)

Attack types are designed to beat endurance types. If you are missing then you should work on your launching.
By "Missing" i meant circling around the other blade (Thats in the middle) and not hitting it until im almost out of spin.