Triggers with Community as a Whole - Let out your angers!

(Mar. 12, 2018  5:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2018  11:58 PM)K1D Wrote: Yes, this is the thread I've been looking for.
One trigger I have is when someone swears a crappy layer is good (cough cough Guardian Kerbeus cough cough)
You know what gets me? When people call a good part crappy because they can't see its use immediately (cough cough Guardian Kerbeus cough cough).

Seriously, Guardian Kerbeus is a very good counter to Maximum Garuda, as Garuda can't burst it with its smooth edges and gets outspun easily by Guardian Kerbeus' incredible raw stamina. That alone makes it not carp, even if it is outshone by the likes of Deep Chaos and Screw Trident.

Ppl still use gK as a mG counter?
I agree It is good as a counter, however taking the current meta into account it's not as great.

Also why the hell is the best defense and stamina combos Sr.0B.At/Br It annoys me sooo much
The people that say "where's the link!?!?" every time a new episode comes out, but they post it the day before the episode even airs.
Seriously
Just stop
Think for a second
Wait for the episode
It'll be out in a few hours
You can wait.
When people use the Hasbro names for beyblades rather that the tt ones
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:02 PM)SprigganJoseph Wrote: When people use the Hasbro names for beyblades rather that the tt ones

Whats the problem with that?
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:57 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Triggers me that there aren’t enough people to Beyblade with, we gotta get moooooaaaaaar players!

Also the Beytubers need to step their Editing game up. Show scores and stats on screen guys, and make sure your lighting/audio is good. Louder doesnt equal better.

The reality is that most of our viewers don't really care if a video is edited or not, and we end up getting the same number of views. So at the end of the day it's not worth our time to put in the extra work. (Though I'll admit, there was more editing back then)

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and put myself out there to vent about a few things from a Beytuber's perspective. These are in no order of importance, but rather the most common things that trigger us Beytubers as a whole. (Based on conversations I've had with other Beytubers)

1. "It's Genesis Valtryek, not God Valkyrie" 
Enough said. 

2. "______ already did this first" 
While I get that its important to give credit to other fellow Beytubers, I can't help but get annoyed when even the slightest similarities in our video ideas ends up in an accusation of copying. The unwanted hate and comments that result from this is the worst. (We now try to be wary of video ideas that may be similar, and try to take measures to prevent instances where our videos would end up being uploaded on the same day)

3. "Can I have a free beyblade? Here is my address:"
If it wasn't already bad enough to ask for free stuff, giving your personal details on the internet is just a huge concern when we have a lot of viewer traffic who can easily read the comments. It's not like we don't have giveaways either, so there should be no reason to beg.

4. "First, second, and third" comments. 
They're absolutely unnecessary, and that is why some of us have already placed filters to flag any comments that contain these specific words so we don't have to even see them.

5. "Burst sucks, mfb is better" comments.
These were rampant at the beginning of burst, but they seem to have gone down after burst was released worldwide. You can't really compare the two generations because they're not meant to battle each other anyway.

6. L-Drago/Ryuga fanboys
These were also common at the beginning when burst was released, but they're still around somewhere. 

7. "Burst battles are too short" 
Oh please, we don't want to sit through 10 minutes of ____B:D VS ____B:D

8. Hate comments
Not even good hate comments, but just flat out nasty things being said. I'm not trying to play victim here but I get a lot of it so that's why I'm putting it in the list.

9. Spam comments
Just spamming the same comment multiple times to get our attention. (Though most of them end up being flagged by YouTube's automated system so we don't end up seeing them)

10. "When will you get _______(new beyblade)?" "Why haven't you gotten ______?"
Look, it already costs a lot to import new releases every month. It doesn't help that there is no secure way to get new releases so were constantly scrambling to get the newest thing in a timely manner. It seems that these days we have to be at the top of our game with releases to even stay relevant. 

And finally....

11. Claiming news as their own, and being rude and disrespectful to their viewers and other Beytubers. 
Not going to give any names (for the sake of preventing drama), but this channel knows who they are. I get that some people try to run their channel as a business, but when you're hurting the community and having most Beytubers turn on you it's time to start rethinking your way of running your channel, or representing yourself for that matter. 
@[Kevo] I agree with your points. I think most of them can be applied to any YT channel commenters other than Beytuber ones. It does suck nonetheless.
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:47 PM)Kevo Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:57 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Triggers me that there aren’t enough people to Beyblade with, we gotta get moooooaaaaaar players!

Also the Beytubers need to step their Editing game up. Show scores and stats on screen guys, and make sure your lighting/audio is good. Louder doesnt equal better.

The reality is that most of our viewers don't really care if a video is edited or not, and we end up getting the same number of views. So at the end of the day it's not worth our time to put in the extra work. (Though I'll admit, there was more editing back then)

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and put myself out there to vent about a few things from a Beytuber's perspective. These are in no order of importance, but rather the most common things that trigger us Beytubers as a whole. (Based on conversations I've had with other Beytubers)

Enough said. 

While I get that its important to give credit to other fellow Beytubers, I can't help but get annoyed when even the slightest similarities in our video ideas ends up in an accusation of copying. The unwanted hate and comments that result from this is the worst. (We now try to be wary of video ideas that may be similar, and try to take measures to prevent instances where our videos would end up being uploaded on the same day)

If it wasn't already bad enough to ask for free stuff, giving your personal details on the internet is just a huge concern when we have a lot of viewer traffic who can easily read the comments. It's not like we don't have giveaways either, so there should be no reason to beg.

They're absolutely unnecessary, and that is why some of us have already placed filters to flag any comments that contain these specific words so we don't have to even see them.

These were rampant at the beginning of burst, but they seem to have gone down after burst was released worldwide. You can't really compare the two generations because they're not meant to battle each other anyway.

6. L-Drago/Ryuga fanboys
These were also common at the beginning when burst was released, but they're still around somewhere. 

Oh please, we don't want to sit through 10 minutes of ____BGrin VS ____BGrin

8. Hate comments
Not even good hate comments, but just flat out nasty things being said. I'm not trying to play victim here but I get a lot of it so that's why I'm putting it in the list.

9. Spam comments
Just spamming the same comment multiple times to get our attention. (Though most of them end up being flagged by YouTube's automated system so we don't end up seeing them)

And finally....

10. Claiming news as their own, and being rude and disrespectful to their viewers and other Beytubers. 
Not going to give any names (for the sake of preventing drama), but this channel knows who they are. I get that some people try to run their channel as a business, but when you're hurting the community and having most Beytubers turn on you it's time to start rethinking your way of running your channel, or representing yourself for that matter. 

Well kevo, you my good sir, have raised many good points, with many of which I agree. Also, did you read the DM I sent you bout the mod?
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:47 PM)What Kevo Wrote:

Enough said. 

6. L-Drago/Ryuga fanboys

8. Hate comments

9. Spam comments

And finally....

10. Claiming news as their own, and being rude and disrespectful to their viewers and other Beytubers. 

I get the whole “theres no returns so why bother” attitude, but I feel like theres a certain level of pride in your craft, you know? And maybe the “same number of views” is just cause people generally rely on their subs, and without innovating or taking more effort consistently to rise above the pack, you keep the same number of subs.
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:51 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:47 PM)What Kevo Wrote: The reality is that most of our viewers don't really care if a video is edited or not, and we end up getting the same number of views. So at the end of the day it's not worth our time to put in the extra work. (Though I'll admit, there was more editing back then)

Enough said. 

6. L-Drago/Ryuga fanboys

8. Hate comments

9. Spam comments

And finally....

I get the whole “theres no returns so why bother” attitude, but I feel like theres a certain level of pride in your craft, you know? And maybe the “same number of views” is just cause people generally rely on their subs, and without innovating or taking more effort consistently to rise above the pack, you keep the same number of subs.

Buuuut, if beytubers spend more time editing, that means more time between vids, more time between vids means viewers might get bored and leave.
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:51 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: I get the whole “theres no returns so why bother” attitude, but I feel like theres a certain level of pride in your craft, you know? And maybe the “same number of views” is just cause people generally rely on their subs, and without innovating or taking more effort consistently to rise above the pack, you keep the same number of subs.

I'm going to disagree with you again there. These days the whole Beytuber scene seems like a race, where we have to keep up with the latest releases to stay relevant. Taking the extra time to edit our videos well would just result in us falling behind the competition. I hate describing it like that, but it's just what it's become now. (I'm not the only Beytuber that feels this way) In terms of growth several channels have grown exponentially without editing much whatsoever, just with all around good content.
I agree with a lot of your points and the last point you made is especially important IMO. Whilst I'm not in the Beytuber community, I can understand how most of them feel and I can see that a lot of them are effected by this. Hopefully it'll eventually be a thing of the past (just being hopeful this time xD).
Gay ships, nuff said.
(I'm not homophobic)
I'mma get a lot of flack for this, but maybe lighten up a bit (no names because I'm not starting some big mess here).

I'm not taking anything about my being misunderstanding or that I'm fanboying the anime. In fact, there's too many problems with stuff (i.e. working out does not help, and big stadiums are not the disney land of beyblade). But when it comes to what side I'd pick, I'd definitely choose the enjoyment of this hobby over strict monitoring of what people say and think about the meta or whatnot.

I may be misunderstanding or misusing terms like "meta"--- and to be honest, I couldn't care less.

Since I've been thinking on making a channel, I agree with @[Kevo]. Too many times, there's people in the comments who blurt out:
- first
- [insert hate content here]
- you're not doing things right, somebody did it first, etc etc

While I know that I'm just piggybacking off of what he said, there's tons of problems with channels themselves as well. While I really like how most beytubers I watch aren't afraid to be themselves on camera and just enjoy making content, it would be neat to see a channel that incorporates that same uniqueness into competitive content.

At the same time, however, I feel that channels which focus more on the competitive side of things can get a bit heated over small things such as the physics of beyblade or which choice is better. I remember seeing an argument in the comment section of a video between a beytuber and a commenter, and while it aggravated me that the commenter didn't really understand the purpose of the video, I also feel that the youtuber shouldn't have responded so harshly.

But then again, not my channel, so I won't tell people how to run things...

I'm done ranting for now, but half of these things I said probably didn't make sense, so I'll probably just go ahead and wait for the responses to come in telling me what I did wrong...

and yes, purchasing goods for channel purposes, I forgot about that. That's also a triggering issue that people don't get until they try to make a channel I suppose...
Zankye being rude to people.
Some Hasbro names.
Most bladers at my school.
Someone that is banned right now but was rude, kind of violent, and did what FireFireCBP said.
Tbh it seems to me that zankye is starting a war by stealing info and pics, that triggers me.
(Mar. 12, 2018  8:03 AM)Mage Wrote: What triggers me most here is when I see posts riddled with bad grammar and terrible spelling. I can't help if I can't understand :p
I agree with this too. I hate it when people's posts have really bad grammar and terrible spelling both because I can't understand it and because I'm a perfectionist.
(Mar. 13, 2018  4:00 AM)BlackMirror Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  8:03 AM)Mage Wrote: What triggers me most here is when I see posts riddled with bad grammar and terrible spelling. I can't help if I can't understand :p
I agree with this too. I hate it when people's posts have really bad grammar and terrible spelling both because I can't understand it and because I'm a perfectionist.

yh,ppl with terible speling nd gramma r is very extreemly anoynngg  :@

Blast zone kid in a nutshell

Lui fanboys

(Mar. 12, 2018  5:47 PM)Kevo Wrote:

Enough said. 

6. L-Drago/Ryuga fanboys

8. Hate comments

9. Spam comments

10. "When will you get _______(new beyblade)?" "Why haven't you gotten ______?"
Look, it already costs a lot to import new releases every month. It doesn't help that there is no secure way to get new releases so were constantly scrambling to get the newest thing in a timely manner. It seems that these days we have to be at the top of our game with releases to even stay relevant. 

And finally....

11. Claiming news as their own, and being rude and disrespectful to their viewers and other Beytubers. 

Ooh, fancy seeing you on the threas

It's not a game of Football, you don't need to commentate everything that happens in the battle. We can see what's happening on our screens, y'know!
(Mar. 13, 2018  4:11 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  4:00 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: I agree with this too. I hate it when people's posts have really bad grammar and terrible spelling both because I can't understand it and because I'm a perfectionist.

yh,ppl with terible speling nd gramma r is very extreemly anoynngg  Angry

Ayeee....I agre wit dat...Dont mispel to much orelse U urself wil nkt understan wat U say....???
I've got a "trigger," so lemme lay it down:

This thread is stupid.

All of you here are complaining about the annoying habits of your fellow Beyblade community members, but what are any of you doing about it? Who the hell wants to join a community full of people who are putting others down just for doing what they love or the way they express it?

Instead of everyone here posting the same complaints about the same problems, I challenge each of you to re-evaluate you own conduct. Instead of complaining and hating, consider what you can do to make the Beyblade community, not just the WBO, a more informative, productive and enjoyable experience for everyone.

The community is what keeps the spirit of this hobby alive; we make it up, and we sustain it. If we can't make it a more inviting place for beginners, where they can learn from veterans like us and thrive on their own, then we're failing, not just them, but ourselves and this game.

The attitudes I've seen displayed recently by members in topics like this one have been disappointing. In all my years of frequenting this board and attending tournaments, I've never seen so many bladers comfortable talking down their fellow bladers so boldly.

I was a newbie once who used poor grammar and improper spelling; I too asked for free things and said a dumb thing in more than one comment section. But if I had seen a thread like this seven years ago, I would certainly not have returned to the WBO. We need to build each other up, not tear each other down.

If anyone takes issue with what I've said, I implore you to take it up with me directly, keep it to yourself, or head over to Beyblade Amino because comments like the ones I've seen here tonight sure as hell don't reflect the values I've always believed the WBO to stand for.
(Mar. 13, 2018  5:40 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I've got a "trigger," so lemme lay it down:

This thread is stupid.

All of you here are complaining about the annoying habits of your fellow Beyblade community members, but what are any of you doing about it? Who the hell wants to join a community full of people who are putting others down just for doing what they love or the way they express it?

Instead of everyone here posting the same complaints about the same problems, I challenge each of you to re-evaluate you own conduct. Instead of complaining and hating, consider what you can do to make the Beyblade community, not just the WBO, a more informative, productive and enjoyable experience for everyone.

The community is what keeps the spirit of this hobby alive; we make it up, and we sustain it. If we can't make it a more inviting place for beginners, where they can learn from veterans like us and thrive on their own, then we're failing, not just them, but ourselves and this game.

The attitudes I've seen displayed recently by members in topics like this one have been disappointing. In all my years of frequenting this board and attending tournaments, I've never seen so many bladers comfortable talking down their fellow bladers so boldly.

I was a newbie once who used poor grammar and improper spelling; I too asked for free things and said a dumb thing in more than one comment section. But if I had seen a thread like this seven years ago, I would certainly not have returned to the WBO. We need to build each other up, not tear each other down.

If anyone takes issue with what I've said, I implore you to take it up with me directly, keep it to yourself, or head over to Beyblade Amino because comments like the ones I've seen here tonight sure as hell don't reflect the values I've always believed the WBO to stand for. I can only hope our moderators will do the right thing and close this thread and the topics like it ASAP to help us correct this toxic course...

Sorry Angry Face....Shouldnt have triggered like that....I apologise.......
And sorry to all the members who r hurt. Truely sorry...

We have acted immaturely of our age...Sorry everyone..