Triggers with Community as a Whole - Let out your angers!

I'll admit what I've said was definitely uncalled for so for that, I apologise to those who I have offended. I should've been smarter than that.

The "bad grammar" response I made was meant to be a joke but it was a poor joke so I also apologise for that too.

@[Angry Face] I didn't think it would go this out of hand but again, I'm sorry for the things I've said on this thread. It was completely unacceptable and I should've thought about what I've written.
I understand the point of this thread.  If moderating correctly, it would be a decent way to get frustrations out. Whether about the site or about common issues that people on the site face. However, I do agree that threads like this do need to be moderated so actual frustrations can be vented... and no, people who use bad grammar is not a problem to worry about. Get over yourselves.

For example with the site itself.
*Lack of "Free" speech. I understand the site keeping toxicity at bay. But people are going to be toxic no matter what you do. So yeah, take down posts that are spam, edit comments that have a cuss word. But dont censor the way people feel because you want to keep the site "positive"

Now i'll add to this as a BeyTuber. Not as a WBO member

1. People asking for free stuff. I understand that certain members of the YouTube community frequently do giveaways, but  its not ok to continuously ask for stuff. Some people even give out their address. Its the worst it's ever been rn.

2.  I don't have a problem with people saying first, second or third. Honestly if you watch my channel, do it all you want. It doesn't hurt anyone or anything, in fact I really don't understand why its an issue to so many people. HOWEVER, It's a problem when people argue about it. Like i've seen full comment threads where people argue about who was first.

3.  To kinda add to Kevos post. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of when people say " XX Did this first!" or "XX already did this battle!" Its bothersome, and every single BeyTuber will be able to provide a different experience with their battles so while the bey may be the same, the battles will be different.

4. To further add to the last point, while I don't agree with the "This person did it first" thing. I will say, As a creator on the platform who's been at it for years. It does get annoying when people seem to imitate you, credit or not.  It takes a lot of creativity to make content. So when someone uses your creativity instead of their own, and it works... very de-motivating.

5. Clickbait. I'm not talking about using caps-lock or keywords like "AMAZING" and "WOW" I'm talking about blatantly obvious uses if clickbait to mislead. Purely for clicks. Not too many people do this, or have done this. But still.

6. And to round it off.  Just like Kevo said. Pretending you OWN what you show off. Sure, I can understand not wanting video you took YOURSELF to be used, but when you claim ownership of a picture that isn't even yours by slapping a giant logo on it, thats borderline copyright infringement. Basically all that's happening from this is the community becoming more and more toxic, but people are starting to finally notice and fight back.

Also, you know exactly who Kevo is. Don't even pretend you don't.
Okay, so, I want to make something clear before I say this. I am in no way trying to come off as disrespectful or condescending, @[Angry Face]. I simply want to share why I don't agree with your post, for the most part. Now, what I do agree with is that fact that for some people, it can be annoying to see other members who are not actively trying to help the WBO, complain about issues within it. That is something I can acknowledge. But, what I don't agree with is the generalization of the members posting in this thread. Not all of us are just posting issues to do nothing about them. I know, I, myself, am doing what I can to help shorten the number of uninformed members. So, when I posted my "triggers" I was posting the things I am hoping to accomplish in making happen less. And, I didn't only post my problems here. I posted the solution, and why this problem cannot be easily improved. Because, though the problems here are as such, they cannot be fixed easily. And, I understand well that complaining will not fix them. But, I am not the only member here who posted their concerns in a perfectly fine manner, in my eyes. Because, not only are they actively helping the community, they were posting concerns instead of "triggers". But, the other problem I have with your post, is your statement that this thread should be closed. I am completely against that. Because, as someone who knows many moderators on much bigger sites, I know that public opinion is something well thought out and sought after by most in control. Because, whether the feedback is good or not, you're going to want to know the biggest concerns. So, having a thread for WBO members, newer and older to express their concerns on this community shouldn't be looked down upon. Of course, small posts sharing "triggers" are a bit different. But, when actively helping members or just plain respectable members post their problems with the community, it's something there for the moderators to think about. I mean, I know that the moderators are mostly heavily informed of the problems taking place here. But, seeing how many people are against one issue might be beneficial. So, as long as this thread remains a place for people to respectively post their concerns, why not keep it? Also, no one here is doing any real harm. People aren't targetting certain people, which is something one would expect from a thread like such. But, it's been kept relatively full of people who just want to state their concerns. Now, from what I've seen, there hasn't been any real "bashing of our fellow bladers". Most of us are talking about members who aren't helping much in the community. Those who add extra work to the moderators already overfilled plates. Which is something I think most of us can agree is a reason to be upset. Which is why I posted about it. I rarely post in threads like these because I do not wish for my posts to come off in a way they shouldn't. But, I wanted to share my goals and concerns, along with everyone else. So, if this thread is not breaking any of the WBO's rules and is not being used in a bad way, why not let the people share how they feel? Us as a community with rules and people in power should respect the opinions of those trying to make it better. Whether by sharing information, helping new members, or doing small things to brighten the place. It's all worth something. So, along with that taken job, those of us not causing the problems should be able to share what we hope everyone can work to stopping. And, that's not to say that this thread may have been misused, but it is to show that public opinion is something us as people have always been used to sharing, and those above have been used to listening to. And, we have one of the best mod teams. So, I know that they care about the members here and their thoughts. So, why get rid of a place for people to share concerns about the behavior of bad members? Now, of course, when this places title is actually taken into personal full opinion, it can go against what I am saying here. Filling with people just complaining about an activity that isn't too big of a deal. But, for the most part, this places purpose is a good one. And, I believe that not everyone posting here should be accused of not trying to help the community or solve the problem they complained about. Because, I know for a fact, that most of the members here are actively trying to help this place. Whether mod, organizer, or plain old member. But, once again, before I end this post, I just want to remind you that I am in no way trying to make your statement seem unreasonable or stupid. I just want to show why this is a good idea when used correctly.
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:56 PM)Kevo Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  5:51 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: I get the whole “theres no returns so why bother” attitude, but I feel like theres a certain level of pride in your craft, you know? And maybe the “same number of views” is just cause people generally rely on their subs, and without innovating or taking more effort consistently to rise above the pack, you keep the same number of subs.

I'm going to disagree with you again there. These days the whole Beytuber scene seems like a race, where we have to keep up with the latest releases to stay relevant. Taking the extra time to edit our videos well would just result in us falling behind the competition. I hate describing it like that, but it's just what it's become now. (I'm not the only Beytuber that feels this way) In terms of growth several channels have grown exponentially without editing much whatsoever, just with all around good content.

And the reason its a race, is because when it comes down to it. The first one to do it gets the most views. The ones that care about extremely high amounts of great editing, are the last ones to put it out so nobody (or atleast a MUCH lower percentage of people) will want to watch an unboxing, or battle they've already seen. 

And like Kevo said, the channels that have grown an absolute ton really dont have any editing at all. They just have personalities that work really well in the YouTube scene. Combine that with being first with something, then boom you have tons of views and new subscribers.

Take this from someone who's been there, being even just a week late to unboxing the newest thing is a death sentence for the video. It honestly sucks. But thats just the way it is.
(Mar. 13, 2018  5:04 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:57 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Triggers me that there aren’t enough people to Beyblade with, we gotta get moooooaaaaaar players!

Also the Beytubers need to step their Editing game up. Show scores and stats on screen guys, and make sure your lighting/audio is good. Louder doesnt equal better.

It's not a game of Football, you don't need to commentate everything that happens in the battle. We can see what's happening on our screens, y'know!

I just mean like if Bey A wins a round put 1-0 on the screen, then when Bey B bursts Bey A put 1-2, ya know?
(Mar. 13, 2018  6:38 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll admit what I've said was definitely uncalled for so for that, I apologise to those who I have offended. I should've been smarter than that.

The "bad grammar" response I made was meant to be a joke but it was a poor joke so I also apologise for that too.

@[Angry Face] I didn't think it would go this out of hand but again, I'm sorry for the things I've said on this thread. It was completely unacceptable and I should've thought about what I've written.

I do not think I am understanding. I believe I read most of your posts, and I do not remember seeing a problem. So, why be sorry? I see no reason for apology, from you, as of now. But, I cannot speak on how you or others feel. Just that in what I saw, nothing notably dumb was said.
(Mar. 13, 2018  7:07 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  6:38 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll admit what I've said was definitely uncalled for so for that, I apologise to those who I have offended. I should've been smarter than that.

I do not think I am understanding. I believe I read most of your posts, and I do not remember seeing a problem. So, why be sorry? I see no reason for apology, from you, as of now. But, I cannot speak on how you or others feel. Just that in what I saw, nothing notably dumb was said.

Well, I mean if my posts have upset somebody then I should apologise. I do need to own up to my mistakes and I should instinctively know not to post things like this to begin with
(Mar. 13, 2018  6:36 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  5:40 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I've got a "trigger," so lemme lay it down:

This thread is stupid.

All of you here are complaining about the annoying habits of your fellow Beyblade community members, but what are any of you doing about it? Who the hell wants to join a community full of people who are putting others down just for doing what they love or the way they express it?

Instead of everyone here posting the same complaints about the same problems, I challenge each of you to re-evaluate you own conduct. Instead of complaining and hating, consider what you can do to make the Beyblade community, not just the WBO, a more informative, productive and enjoyable experience for everyone.

The community is what keeps the spirit of this hobby alive; we make it up, and we sustain it. If we can't make it a more inviting place for beginners, where they can learn from veterans like us and thrive on their own, then we're failing, not just them, but ourselves and this game.

The attitudes I've seen displayed recently by members in topics like this one have been disappointing. In all my years of frequenting this board and attending tournaments, I've never seen so many bladers comfortable talking down their fellow bladers so boldly.

I was a newbie once who used poor grammar and improper spelling; I too asked for free things and said a dumb thing in more than one comment section. But if I had seen a thread like this seven years ago, I would certainly not have returned to the WBO. We need to build each other up, not tear each other down.

If anyone takes issue with what I've said, I implore you to take it up with me directly, keep it to yourself, or head over to Beyblade Amino because comments like the ones I've seen here tonight sure as hell don't reflect the values I've always believed the WBO to stand for. I can only hope our moderators will do the right thing and close this thread and the topics like it ASAP to help us correct this toxic course...

Sorry Angry Face....Shouldnt have triggered like that....I apologise.......
And sorry to all the members who r hurt. Truely sorry...

We have acted immaturely of our age...Sorry everyone..

Okay, so here is where I know things are wrong. You @[Eleanor] said nothing wrong. And, no one I see is saying that. You are one of the nicest members here, and as your friend, I do not wish for you to take @[Angry Face]'s post as something against members like you. No one should be hurt by your words. No immature behavior came from you. What others did was questionable. But, you should not be apologizing for not doing anything wrong.

(Mar. 13, 2018  7:10 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  7:07 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: I do not think I am understanding. I believe I read most of your posts, and I do not remember seeing a problem. So, why be sorry? I see no reason for apology, from you, as of now. But, I cannot speak on how you or others feel. Just that in what I saw, nothing notably dumb was said.

Well, I mean if my posts have upset somebody then I should apologise.

Well, yes. I, of course, agree with that. I just did not see the upsetting consequences that could've come from your posts. You did your best to make sure no one felt targeted.
(Mar. 13, 2018  7:04 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  5:04 AM)BladerGem Wrote: It's not a game of Football, you don't need to commentate everything that happens in the battle. We can see what's happening on our screens, y'know!

I just mean like if Bey A wins a round put 1-0 on the screen, then when Bey B bursts Bey A put 1-2, ya know?

A lot of BeyTubers are moving away from competitive rounds. Swapping to just fun long battles where there really isn't a winner. 

Tbh I'm fine with this. As so many people think just because a Beyblade won/lost in some YouTubers battle, then that bey is bad or good. 

Watch battles to see what the bey is capable of, read WBO reviews to see if its actually good or not.
I think the main issue here is simply the nature of the thread. Threads like these act like community deterrents, and that's not what you want. Say a guest user is currently reading this thread; why would anyone want to join when they see the sheer amount of negativity about the WBO community written in one place?

There's a right and wrong way to go about a thread like this. The way this should've gone was as a constructive feedback thread or "Improvements for the Community" suggestion thread, but this thread as it is now isn't productive and doesn't really help anyone. Sure, you can have your opinions, and I won't lie, I actually do agree with some myself in places, but there are better places for discussions like this where you're essentially moaning without a resolution. I personally have group chats to do this stuff in, haha.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as I honestly don't see this as being healthy to continue but, as said above, I do feel that suggestions and constructive feedback do have a place somewhere on-site and that a reincarnation of this thread with a justified goal would be more sustainable. But plain moaning/ranting like this devolved into should be kept for private chats, haha.