Transmorphers: Fall Of Man - Because originality is over rated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYSVNzJAYaM

The prequel to the smash hit, award winning 2007 film Transmorphers. Brought to you by the same people behind the cinematic masterpiece called Snakes on a Train
Own this sure to be masterpiece on June 30, six days after that other robot movie.
I freakin' love the balls that The Asylum has when it comes to making and releasing movies...

Other hits include:
The Terminators
Sunday School Musical
The 18 Year Old Virgin
Pirates of Treasure Island
Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls (Lit nerds out there will get this one a bit more, I think)
I Am Omega
I feel sorry for the guy from Tron in this movie.
Wow, this is plagiarism beyond belief.
(Jun. 13, 2009  4:21 AM)Khel Wrote: Wow, this is plagiarism beyond belief.

Actually, it's not. The movies made by The Asylum are released extremely close to major theatrical releases and have similar names and themes in order to bank off the popularity, but the plots are often wildly different. The production company has been taken to court numerous times by Hollywood production studios and has beaten them every time. The reason for this is that you can't copyright story tropes. Asylum films will use a similar title and the same cinematic trope as the big screen features they mimic, but as long as enough plot points are different, they're in the clear. They've been in this business for a long time, and they've got loads of people continuously checking and rechecking scripts to make sure plagiarism doesn't occur.
(Jun. 14, 2009  3:55 PM)Spinster Wrote: They've been in this business for a long time, and they've got loads of people continuously checking and rechecking scripts to make sure plagiarism doesn't occur.

Pfft, which in itself, is an ingenious ploy to get people to watch their movies.
hey if they are able to get a good ROI kudos to them.
I had the chance to see glimpses of the movie, threw youtube, for a total of about 20 minutes of movie. Not a lot to judge something, but, in my opinion, this thing which is an obvious rip-off was better than Transformers 2, the actual million dollars budget movie.

It was cheesy and, since I watch Beyblade, a kid's anime, I like cheesyness.
(Jul. 09, 2009  5:57 PM)Dude Wrote: I had the chance to see glimpses of the movie, threw youtube, for a total of about 20 minutes of movie. Not a lot to judge something, but, in my opinion, this thing which is an obvious rip-off was better than Transformers 2, the actual million dollars budget movie.

It was cheesy and, since I watch Beyblade, a kid's anime, I like cheesyness.

get out
(Jul. 09, 2009  7:30 PM)To Wrote: get out

Just my opinion and you're entitled to not respect it.