Train's Beyblade Art corner (My own recolours with the ideas theflightyellz invented)

will dyeing the metal wheel afect it's preformance?
(Oct. 04, 2010  10:36 PM)theflightyellz Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2010  3:12 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2010  12:10 AM)Train Wrote: However my experiment with Beylauncher L turned out wonderful. I dipped that in the dye having a zip tie attached to it around the string just below the handle. Once didn't do it for me so I dipped a second time and got it a nice smokey silver.

Why was the zip tie necessary? Wouldn't it be easier to just drop it in and leave it for double the amount of time?

Yeah, if you then want to try and fish a really small part out of a burning hot pan of oil (which will not only dye plastic, work surfaces, floors, carpets, but also your skin).
The cable ties are so you can regularly and easily pull the part out of the dye, check the color, check that it isn't warping at all, and to avoid any drips.

For clear wheels and tracks, slide the cable tie through the middle hole and fasten them.
For bottoms there should be a horizontal gap at the bottom of each one that should just about fit a cable tie through it.
The cable tie is basically just to be used like a handle, although I've seen some people use string, even telephone cable before to dye remote control car parts.

You did a nice job on these train, although the bottoms seem a little bit rough..
Did you not fully submerge them, or have they just been really deeply worn?
Usually the dye actually sinks quite deep in to the plastic, wore an F down to a stump and it still showed the color near the very center.

No no I dyed them for as long as you said to and point in fact even the zip ties submerged in a fair sized pot. They are not worn that far down at all. Like maybe 10 times? I don't blade that often. Thank you I've been trying the big issue is dealing with the colour of the dye and the original colour of the plastic and getting them to what colour you're looking for.

That method won't work because there is no "grey" dye it was into black dye and I cut the zip tie off after.

I'm planning on a dye job tomorrow for a pegasis I have to try and get what I wanted from almost the beginning I will be posting pictures of it tomorrow. As well as the completed Launcher grip when I can finish dyeing the rubber grip for it.
Would It be okay to spray paint *shiny gold* metal wheels and other parts of a bey?

And if so, could I be able to spray paint a L-launcher withought ruining the string and just cover up the dragon design on it???
What kind of paint would you recommend if I wanted to paint the metal wheels?
(Oct. 16, 2010  2:26 AM)CononKudo Wrote: What kind of paint would you recommend if I wanted to paint the metal wheels?

I used standard automotive paint, but whatever paint you use it will chip and rub off with use. It can also affect the weight and balance of the wheel.
Grip rubber on this was originally a failure this WAS WHITE and I put it into TAN Dye. Leone was also in the Tan dye and I LOVE how it turned out. I call it Jungle Leone.

[Image: Pictures001.jpg]

[Image: Pictures002.jpg]

I just threw my Rubber grip into YELLOW dye today and it came out much more to what I wanted I might post pictures tomorrow if I have the time.