Track Testing (Stamina: Solo-Spin Time)

(Jul. 24, 2010  6:28 AM)Marco Wrote: You'd think I realized that by now... I meant like when a low attacker destabilizes your bey it won't destabilize as easy due to the downward force of the track, whereas the 145 track will destabilize more easily. Like I said, I imagine the case with S and SD is the similar to DF145 and 145.

Yes you are partly right as this stabalization can clinch you the round but then the claws would increase drag when the bey is rotating compared to 145 so it really works both ways.
It isn't supposed to but if you don't have a defense bey it can save you, for example I beat Kei's Ray Unicorno 90RF which is according to a lot of people better than storm and I won with a Virgo DF145SD. Everything isn't always like testing, you have to go by real life situations and chances are your not gonna have every top tier combination at your fingertips. Also apparently defense is supposed to beat attack but I see top tier attack beat top tier defense countless times. Think outside the box people. Don't always go by the book.

EDIT: Also I go back to my example of SD and S, S has better stamina due to the sharper nature of the bottom it will have less friction with the stadium, but in battle it is rendered useless due to the fact that it can never utilize that stamina if it is knocked off balance time and time again. With SD you have a little less stamina but it is overall a lot better for battle situations due to the fact that it is wider and more stable.
(Jul. 24, 2010  4:50 PM)Marco Wrote: It isn't supposed to but if you don't have a defense bey it can save you, for example I beat Kei's Ray Unicorno 90RF which is according to a lot of people better than storm and I won with a Virgo DF145SD. Everything isn't always like testing, you have to go by real life situations and chances are your not gonna have every top tier combination at your fingertips. Also apparently defense is supposed to beat attack but I see top tier attack beat top tier defense countless times. Think outside the box people. Don't always go by the book.

EDIT: Also I go back to my example of SD and S, S has better stamina due to the sharper nature of the bottom it will have less friction with the stadium, but in battle it is rendered useless due to the fact that it can never utilize that stamina if it is knocked off balance time and time again. With SD you have a little less stamina but it is overall a lot better for battle situations due to the fact that it is wider and more stable.

Okay, so it's good to have a Stamina customisation which can withstand Attack Beyblades. But, where do you draw the line for adding too much Defense? Eventually, you just end up with a Defense customisation. Virgo is heavy and fulfils some defensive duties; but it is neither good enough to beat other Stamina Wheels such as Earth, nor is Virgo DF145SD able to withstand more consistent Attack customisations. What you're describing is luck; something which is impossible to recreate in testing.

The point of testing is to maximise your chances of victory by altering any conditions you have control over. Through this preparation, you reduce your reliance on luck.
Attack Stadium
Alternating Shots
Right Launcher + Launcher Grip

Thermal Pisces 145B vs. Thermal Pisces DF145B
Thermal Pisces 145B: 8 wins
Thermal Pisces DF145B: 7 wins
5 draws

This is only 20 battles, so more testing must be conducted ... but they are essentially the same.

also ♥, if you've used Ray you would know that it is incredibly consistent. I'll explain more about what happened in the match Marco is referencing when I post the HPT2 finals video haha.
Hmm, Earth better than Virgo? I don't know about that, Virgo is a current top tier stamina wheel and I have beaten burn df145SD/WD with my Virgo, not only was it by outspin but with a semi worn SD, and obviously it's not my "blader spirit" that won the battle for me so honestly I don't understand how you can just write Virgo off. Please explain to more detail why you make the assumption that Virgo is a defense wheel? At least I think that's what you're saying.
As you can see Kei's Virgo is a 3 minute mold, this is the difference
Oh true true, I had forgotten about that, sorry to clarify my Virgo mold spins closer to 4 mins and a bit.
Hmm will have to do further testing... Since to point of DF145 is not necessarily to increase stamine but to "stabalize your bey using precession". Therefore it should allow the bey to stand more upright when it is running out of spin compared to 145.
(Jul. 25, 2010  6:05 AM)Marco Wrote: I have beaten burn df145SD/WD with my Virgo, not only was it by outspin but with a semi worn SD, and obviously it's not my "blader spirit" that won the battle for me so honestly I don't understand how you can just write Virgo off. Please explain to more detail why you make the assumption that Virgo is a defense wheel? At least I think that's what you're saying.

This was against me, right? If you beat me by outspin, I don't believe it happened very many times. And for those one or two times that it did happen, consider that I did not launch at full power. Virgo's recoil had gone in your favour a few times, causing it to KO Burn. So, based on my testing of my 3:30 Virgo mold, which was heavily in Burn's favour, I figured that not launching at full power would not hurt my chances of still winning, and the lower RPM would reduce the chance of being KOed.

And, I would say that Virgo can indeed be used as a Defense Wheel. It was never considered one before because Libra dominated that type since before it was released, and after Libra was banned, Earth had already been released. It has never received much attention, and being honest, I haven't tested it in that fashion very much, but I think it would be viable.

What ♥ is trying to say though is that you can create a Beyblade that is a mix between two types (Stamina and Defense in this case), but you can't bring it very far without it becoming inadequate in both types. Aside from Stamina, using Virgo adds other qualities to a Stamina type, but it also is not the best Stamina Wheel any longer, and usually cannot withstand Attack types like it luckily did in our battle.
(Jul. 25, 2010  6:31 AM)Kei Wrote: and usually cannot withstand Attack types like it luckily did in our battle.

This.
You absolutely can not rely on luck... For those rare times when you have to, you try to make your own luck by maximizing your chances. It's not going by the book, it's using that book and adding your own opinions, skills, and experience that makes blading fun. Otherwise it would be what most people view it as: some kids toy tops that try to get lucky and crash into each other while screaming for the tops to do some special attacks.
Well our first battle I only won once by outspin rest were K.O. I also won against Daegor and he was indeed using BB DF145WD and in our second battle I won with 2 outspin 1 K.O.
Ok this is getting off topic. Anyways I will test offensive capabilities of DF145 tommorow and I will post results here. McFrown might be right...
(Jul. 25, 2010  6:31 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: "stabalize your bey using precession".
Preccession does not neccesarily stabilize a Bey, IIRC.
Preccession is the 'wobbling' movement of a torque induced spinning object. When a Bey is starting to lose it's spin, it will precess.
(Jul. 25, 2010  4:53 AM)Kei Wrote: [...] also ♥, if you've used Ray you would know that it is incredibly consistent. I'll explain more about what happened in the match Marco is referencing when I post the HPT2 finals video haha.

I have used Ray ...

What I mean is however, something like Quetzalcoatl 90RF would be hitting something close to a 90-100% win rate against a Stamina customisation such as Virgo DF145SD.
Drag is aerodynamic resistance. In other words, air resistance.
Storm Pegasis DF145RF VS. Rock Bull ED145WB
Stadium: Pegasis Thunderwhip
Launcher Grip
Rock Bull Shot First
Pegasis: 4 wins (2 KO, 2 Outspin)
Rock Bull: 16 Wins (All outspin)
Pegasis Wiining Percentage: 20%

As you can see, pegasis has some potential as many of the outspins by rock bull were close calls due to it obtaining many critical hits. The pegasis thunderwhip favoured rock bull extensively as the wall to pocket ratio was very large. McFrown might be right DF145 may have potential attack capabilities...
Did I miss something here? I thought this thread was for testing the spin time of different tracks.

Also, I have trouble accepting results from PTW. And 4/20 wins hardly shows potential.
(Jul. 26, 2010  12:25 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Did I miss something here? I thought this thread was for testing the spin time of different tracks.

Also, I have trouble accepting results from PTW. And 4/20 wins hardly shows potential.

"It shows potential for use in an attack stadium" is what I think he means...
(Jul. 26, 2010  12:35 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2010  12:25 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Did I miss something here? I thought this thread was for testing the spin time of different tracks.

"It shows potential for use in an attack stadium" is what I think he means...

yes sorry i might have posted in wrong thread but thought it to be relevant nonetheless. Yes cpt. squirrel is right that is what I meant as you all probably know 4/20 in pegasis thunderwhip is close to a miracle for attack types... now put it in an attack stadium.
I was testing out DF145 on Storm Pegasus RF, the speed didn't seem to be different :l
can anyone post test results of DF145 vs 145 vs CH120 (145 height of course)? I'd do it but I dont have time...