Tourney In Adelaide, Australia?

I know I've brought this up a thousand times before, but it'd be really great to be able to have some tournaments here in Adelaide, because we should have them in all the different areas of Australia, so that everyone gets a chance to blade against each other.

If we did, maybe we could do it in some point of the School Holidays, at a place that would be easy to get to for anyone coming. I'd be happy to organize it, but I'm only 12 so I may need some help :\.

Anyway, I just hope we can drum something up so that I can see just how we Adelaideians rank up against the rest of the Blading community.

While you're at it, go to http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Adelaide...#pid182657 and check it out and get some extra info.

Formats
  • Plastics
  • HMS
  • MFB
  • An Unranked Format (For people who just wanna enjoy a free tournament. There will be Plastic, HMS and MFB variations of this.)

Entry Fee:
Passport Holders: Free
Non-Passport Holders: $5USD

• The park behind the Hamra Center Library (Maybe)
  • Henley Square (Maybe)
  • West Adelaide Footbal Club Function Centre (Maybe)
If anybody has any ideas, please don't hesitate to PM or post.

Date:
Exact date and time has been undecided, but it will be written in based on SA time etc, so if you're coming from interstate, make sure you do all the math. At this point in time, we're going to try and have it during the christmas holidays.

Enquries and Contacts:
If you have any questions about this tournament, please PM or E-Mail Myself, ReallyRandomTJ or Raykon

Attendance
(Pm or post if you can come.)
Me - Definitely... Quite obvious.
ReallyRandomTJ - maybe
Raykon - maybe

Thanks, and bye for now!
~Axle(Tom)
I'll try help out as much as I can! I will start telling them about this on msn.
Seriously? Nobody in Adelaide's interested?

We'll have all the normal WBO formats, plus, if it's allowed, I'll drum out some other formats too, such as an Unranked tournament, a free-for-all format where you can challenge anyone and can decide between you if you want it to be ranked or not, perhaps even team battles where you can group together into 3-4, perhaps 5 people and battle one on one against other teams!

And even though it's unlikely, we may make an illegal format, ranked or unranked, for people with illegal beyblades. Still official ones, mind you, but doing things like changing tips, taking out sub-ARs, etc.

As well as this, I will try my best to found a venue where we can get in for FREE!

So c'mon people, give us a shout if you want to come.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:04 AM)YoungBladerAxle Wrote: As well as this, I will try my best to found a venue where we can get in for FREE!

I suppose you will pay the WBO fees for everyone then? Speechless
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I suppose you will pay the WBO fees for everyone then? Speechless

I think he's saying there won't be a venue fee, like to use the building, room, etc, but I assume that WBO fees will still be paid if he holds a tourney.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:18 AM)fragbait Wrote: I think he's saying there won't be a venue fee, like to use the building, room, etc, but I assume that WBO fees will still be paid if he holds a tourney.

If there are venue fees the WBO fees generally go towards paying them.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If there are venue fees the WBO fees generally go towards paying them.

Ah, I didn't realize that this was allowed, sweet.
Well, that just means more money for the WBO then XD
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:20 AM)fragbait Wrote: Ah, I didn't realize that this was allowed, sweet.
Well, that just means more money for the WBO then XD

... if the fees go towards paying the venue, that would be less for us.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ... if the fees go towards paying the venue, that would be less for us.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant if there's no venue fee in his case it's more money for WBO. My bad.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:24 AM)fragbait Wrote: Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant if there's no venue fee in his case it's more money for WBO. My bad.

POSTPOSTPOST
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I suppose you will pay the WBO fees for everyone then? Speechless

Sorry Brad, meant it to be clearer. I meant that perhaps there wouldn't be, as Fragbait said, a room or something, perhaps a park maybe. Somewhere that you don't need a permit to be.

Of course, if it came down to having to pay for a venue, then of course there would be fees. But what I was saying was that I'll try my best to find a place for free.
I get it now, just clarifying. As I said, if the place does charge, you can use the entry fees to pay for it.
Yes. But if were turn up somewhere free, I think it'd be cool just to have a free tournament with no entry fees or anything for a change.
(Jul. 08, 2009  4:03 AM)YoungBladerAxle Wrote: Yes. But if were turn up somewhere free, I think it'd be cool just to have a free tournament with no entry fees or anything for a change.

OK ... but you can't promote it on the WBO, and it won't be eligible for BeyPoints or prizes ...
I will try ask them today, I have been busy with some stuff so I kinda forgot.
5 US Dollars = 6.3 AUS Dollars.

That seriously isn't much. :\
(Jul. 08, 2009  4:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK ... but you can't promote it on the WBO, and it won't be eligible for BeyPoints or prizes ...

Ooooooh. Now I get it. So if the place we go (If we gotta pay for it) charges $5 AUD or something, we bring like $6+ AUD to put towards the WBO as well? Or. Um. Kinda confused about it. But anyway, I have no idea how we'd get the money to you, unless someone who's done it before does it. Because all I know how to do on PayPal is log on, log off, and how to press "Send Payment" on eBay...

But I THINK I understand it.
Sending money via Paypal is really easy.

You collect a $5 USD fee for the WBO. You can use the money raised by this to pay for the venue, and what's left goes to the WBO.
*Nodnod* I see, I see. Alrighty, I'll update the first post, thanks for taking the time to walk me through this, Brad. Tongue_out
If this tourney is going ahead. it should be held someplace everyone knows and can easily get to. if its outside then it might have to be a place 'under cover' just in case it rains. Also if not many people know about the venue, park etc where its being held - then a road map or google maps should help. Common sense. Tongue_out

^^;; Myself. without public transport - my mums car is carp and i havent been bothered going for my L's - i can only go as far as the adelaide airport or west lakes, or glenelg -.- i think thats how its spelt. might be able to get to the city - but i might get lost. Haha.
Have updated the first post, please check for some extra information on the Formats.
(Jul. 08, 2009  2:04 AM)YoungBladerAxle Wrote: ...we may make an illegal format, ranked or unranked, for people with illegal beyblades.

No, it would be unranked. The WBO doesn't support the use of illegal parts.
(Jul. 10, 2009  1:25 PM)Rocky Wrote: No, it would be unranked. The WBO doesn't support the use of illegal parts.

Oh! Right! Lol, didn't think of that, but I figured it was O.K. Coz Brad didn't say anything about it but I'll fix that, 'cause. Well. Yeah. Rightio, thanks for the heads up, Rocky!
Ok cool, if it's not this holidays but next holidays I will make the long trip and see if I can take a friend with me, Youngbladeraxle do you have a friend that plays or anything? and I will talk to the ultimate blader and his friends.
(Jul. 10, 2009  1:39 PM)Raykon Wrote: Ok cool, if it's not this holidays but next holidays I will make the long trip and see if I can take a friend with me, Youngbladeraxle do you have a friend that plays or anything? and I will talk to the ultimate blader and his friends.

I do have a few, but chances of them being able to come is slim. My mum'll let me go to Adelaide tournaments, but my friends' parents aren't as easygoing.