[Tournament Report] Roll Call 2/ Beyblade Crusade 2

Read this first (Click to View)
Well I know its several months after, but I figure this does need a report. Im going to do this a bit different. Im also going to mention some stuff that happened before, during and After the tournament. This is how im used to doing tournament reports on other sites like pojo.com etc.

Thursday

Friday/Roll Call 2

Beyblade Crusade 2 Anime North 2012

Sunday

Pros

Cons
And if i missed anything ill add it later. And yes I realize this tournament was a while back. But i think it was kinda needed. So enjoy?
(Sep. 05, 2012  5:38 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: One thing I did notice was that Kei was writing everything with Pen & Paper. I was wondering why he wasn't using a spread sheet or Challonge.

I had done a couple double elimination tournments in the past by hand (including one with 58 participants) with no problems, so that's why I went with pen and paper for BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2. It's what I know best. The issue, however, turned out to be the number of participants; I failed to realize that there would be an uneven amount of pairings after two rounds had been completed, and nine Bladers were left in the Winners Bracket. This of course threw the entire tournament off, which is what caused the delays throughout the day. Arupaeo helped me to come up with a fair way to continue the tournament, which was to split the top nine from each bracket into three mini round robins, take the winners from those, then play a final three-person round robin to determine the winner of that bracket. That's why you had so many matches towards the end; you won your first round robin, then the second one, to advance to the finals.

(Sep. 05, 2012  5:38 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Apparently we had to be out of the room by 6pm so a guitar hero tournament could happen. We ended up leaving about 5:50pm. So we cut close with time.

I didn't really appreciate how much these guys were rushing us! We still had possession of the room, and though one of the organizers approached me earlier in the day to ask if we could finish a bit early so that they could set up and I said we should be finished a bit early anyways, that didn't really give them the right to force their way in while we were still finishing up.

(Sep. 05, 2012  5:38 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Sunday

Lol, why?

(Sep. 05, 2012  5:38 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Pros

You forgot Blader Sexy (Oatmeal). Tongue_out_wink

(Sep. 05, 2012  5:38 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Confusion prior to AN about the Beyblade Pass

This was definitely a con ... last year we were given confirmation of the Beyblade Pass way in advance.
Ziro & I got kicked out for sneaking in. Paying $40USD to get in just didn't seem worth it to me. And I didn't put Blader Sexy up there for the simple fact he was so awesome words couldn't describe how awesome he truly is.