Tournament Report: Battle On The Hilltop 3-5-22

This is a tournament report for Battle On The Hilltop 3-5-22, A burst standard ranked event in Tukwila Washington. 

“This event should have been named Battle In The School Yard”. Normally the picnic shelter at Crestview Park is free on weekends. The park is small and does not have a lot of foot traffic. Unfortunately, When I arrived at around 10 am to set up, I saw another group had reserved the shelter for a birthday party. I had an hour and a half to find a new location, Yikes!
I drove around and luckily found a covered area at Foster High School less than 5 minutes away. It actually turned out to be a lot nicer than the park.  
(sorry for the last minute location change everyone)

The Saturday sky started out as overcast but quickly turned into a bright sunny day in Seattle; I could not believe it either. We had 23 people sign up and 18 turn out for the event after the location change. 

In the first round I played against CypherRay. I can't remember what beyblade he used. I played my Devil Perseus F Over Bearing’ 9. Despite some mis-launches from both of us it was a fun game. I got the win but CypherRay played great!

Next I played GlidingBaby. I was nervous to play glidingbaby because I knew he was a returning player and very good. We had a super close match but I squeaked out the win. I decided to stick with my devil combo for all my first matches. Good job to GlidingBaby. I'm sure we will see him in the top 4 soon. 

Vanish fafnir on drift is my mortal enemy. My devil put up a good fight but I still got swept.  Congrats to @”Locked yuske”. He is very skilled for his age. He got 3 points and I got 0.  

In round 4 I played against Diamond Blader aka Emansion. We had 3 ties and had to switch to new beys. I played bearing’ on my first combo and bearing on my second, This is the way. That game was one of the hardest of the day for me. Awesome job @”diamond blader” !

Round 5 was me vs loki666. Guilty vs devil. My stomach was in my shoes for this match. I was saved by the wall 10 or more times. I managed the win but it was a very close 3-2. Loki is very good with guilty.

The first stage ended. Loki666 stormed into first place with 4-1. Right behind him in 2nd was CVie with the same record. @”Anko The Yonko” also managed a 4-1, earning him the 3rd spot. I got 4th place with another 4-1 record. 5th place was Locked Yuske with a solid 3-2. Akajumo made 6th place with another 3-2. Mejdouli was close behind in 7th place with 3-2. Last but not least Lowshki took the 8th spot with his record of 3-2

The final stage was intense. The supreme four of this event ended up being: Anko The Yonko, CVie, Lowshki, and I. Anko and CVie had a good match but CVie moved on to the top 2. Lowshki and I had a very close match (3-5). He got a well deserved win. I must say he is probably the best Guilty player/launcher I have met. He lobbed that thing like a brick. 

Lowshki got 1st place for this event! CVie came in a close 2nd. Both of these bladers are seasoned players and likely to be in top spots again. After a hard battle I landed in 3rd place and Anko The Yonko took 4th. Good Job to everyone!

We started the event a little before noon to compensate for the location change. We finished the first stage around 1:50. The finals ended and the event was all wrapped up by 2:30. This was by far the fastest tournament we have had. This was all thanks to our team of judges: Loki666 Akajumo bananapriestess Ebeanzy2 . Also a big shout out to Mejdouli for managing the check in. 

I saw a bunch of prominence builds and surprisingly guilty was the most played beyblade at this event. 

I feel like the competitive blading scene in Washington is really heating up. Everyone is creating cool combos and playing them skillfully. I can tell I have a lot more practice to do if I want to keep up with all of these incredible bladers.

[Image: IMG-7909.jpg]
Nice man, all of you guys are great.
Hope to battle it out again.
By the way, when is the next tournament in Seattle, Tukwilla - Washington.
(Mar. 08, 2022  5:15 AM)glidingbaby Wrote: Nice man, all of you guys are great.
Hope to battle it out again.
By the way, when is the next tournament in Seattle, Tukwilla - Washington.

Not sure yet. Most likely April 23rd or 30th. Hoping we can do a double tournament for burst and metal format at that event.
Thanks.
Also when will this tournament go to my profile.
Sounds like you all had a great time! I hope I can come and join back in sometime soon, seeing all the improvements everyone makes when I’m not there is always exciting! I hope I’m not outclassed by the time I get back!😅