Tournament Guide

Before creating a tournament thread, please read this step by step guide.
Thanx Pyro

1. Do not ask if there are any upcoming tournament in your area, check the WBO General Section or Upcoming Events box on the Main Index Page.

2. Check the map to see if there are any bladers in your area.

3. If there aren't any bladers in your area try to drum up some intrest with friends, colleagues and family members.

4. If there are bladers in your immediate area post a thread in the "WBO General" to try and plan a meet-up. Try looking through the section first, there my be a thread already.

5. If there are more than 8 bladers attending, post a secondary thread in the "Event Proposals" with information on time, place, date and who is attending your proposed event. (There is a template at the top of the section) Hopefully you will be approved by a commitee member.

6. If your proposal is rejected don't be disappointed. Stick to your meet-up idea and next time, maybe after the success of said meet you will be approved.

7. If your proposal is accepted try and get people to help you judge and organize, because hosting tourneys are hard work.
8. Be sure to read the tournament rules http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

HOPE THIS HELPS
I like your idea.
This should be stickied Grin
I cleaned it up and re-worded it Smile
Hope I helped Grin lol

Before creating a tournament thread, please read this step by step guide.

1. Do not ask if there are any upcoming tournament in your area, check the WBO General Section or Upcoming Events box on the Main Index Page.

2. Check the map to see if there are any bladers in your area.

3. If there aren't any bladers in your area try to drum up some intrest with friends, colleagues and family members.

4. If there are bladers in your immediate area post a thread in the "WBO General" to try and plan a meet-up. Try looking through the section first, there my be a thread already.

5. If there are more than 8 bladers attending, post a secondary thread in the "Event Proposals" with information on time, place, date and who is attending your proposed event. (There is a template at the top of the section) Hopefully you will be approved by a commitee member.

6. If your proposal is rejected don't be disappointed. Stick to your meet-up idea and next time, maybe after the success of said meet you will be approved.

7. If your proposal is accepted try and get people to help you judge and organize, because hosting tourneys are hard work.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Thank you Pyro I have added another point about reading the rules and have added your revisions
(Sep. 01, 2010  12:51 AM)Moss Wrote: 5. If there are more than 8 bladers attending, post a secondary thread in the "Event Proposals" with information on time, place, date and who is attending your proposed event. (There is a template at the top of the section) Hopefully you will be approved by a commitee member.

Do the 8 bladers all have to be members of the WBO?
(Sep. 01, 2010  8:29 AM)countdudoo Wrote: Do the 8 bladers all have to be members of the WBO?

Sooner or later, yes.
(Sep. 01, 2010  9:38 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Sooner or later, yes.
I would go for 'sooner' in almost all of the cases though, because we often do not even trust the potential tournament organisers yet, and we really need proof that there are eight different bladers confirmed to attend if there is an event.

Essentially, we just need to update the Event Guide, hah.
So should this be locked then if there is already a thread like this.
Unless people have more suggestions, I suppose so ...
I guess noone has any other suggestions so may a mod please lock this
Yes what?....