[Toronto, Canada] Meet-up, Saturday July 3rd | Dufferin Grove Park

Quote:UPDATE: Tournament it is. And I've moved this to the Saturday (July 3rd) It will remain @ Dufferin Grove Park. Lets say that we meet at 2pm, and if there is enough attendance and interest, we will have a tournament.

I would still like to propose a $1 bey-raffle to draw people in.

Map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=map+d...tario&z=14

Attendees:
Minion
Kenji
To
Dan
Marco
Daegor42

Maybe:
Pocky
Khel
Daegor42
Train

I've seen a lot of interest recently by Toronto bladers looking for battles, but no one seems interested or capable of hosting a tournament. Why don't we just have a general meet-up? That way no one is obligated to pay anything, new players who aren't involved yet in the WBO can check it out, and everyone can get to know each other and battle without the stress of a full-blown tournament.

Canada day is about a month after the AnimeNorth BRC tournament on July 1st (a Thursday). The location I'm suggesting is Dufferin Grove Park. It's located just a block or two South of Dufferin and Bloor. The reason I like this spot is because it is across the street from a Walmart, and a TRU. So we can check out what bey they have in stock, and if it comes down to it- we can decide to have a tournament and buy prizes.
I'm definitely down for this, but if it is on Canada Day I likely won't be able to make it. It is almost guaranteed that I am moving on that date.
Canada day is a little iffy on my side as well. Other than that, I'm always good for a Dufferin Grove show up.
(May. 27, 2010  9:32 PM)Kei Wrote: I'm definitely down for this, but if it is on Canada Day I likely won't be able to make it. It is almost guaranteed that I am moving on that date.

err where? somewhere in toronto?

On a side note minion I would for this it's just that I won't be able to make it because I have summer school for math (even though my average is a B+ Tired), have swimming lessons, gonna shoot firecrackers, etc.

unless it's possible to move the date?
(May. 27, 2010  10:17 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: err where? somewhere in toronto?

Yes.

Why not try moving this to Saturday, July 3rd?
Sounds really good. Do you mean that park parallel to Dufferin Mall?
I'd go, but not on Thursday. Why not move it to the saturday, since for most it would be more cogent.
(May. 30, 2010  12:44 PM)Dan Wrote: Sounds really good. Do you mean that park parallel to Dufferin Mall?
I'd go, but not on Thursday. Why not move it to the saturday, since for most it would be more cogent.

Yes, that would be Dufferin Grove park.
Minion doesn't have access to the internet right now, so she's asked me to ask everyone; what day would be good for you if Canada Day is not? Personally, I am leaning towards July 3rd or 4th.
I guess I would be tentative for the 3rd if I could make this one. July is an insane month for me so no guarantees yet.
Do you think we could possibly make a small tourney out of this? really pumped up for HPT, this will add. Smile
(May. 31, 2010  9:09 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Do you think we could possibly make a small tourney out of this? really pumped up for HPT, this will add. Smile

Minion has said she most likely will just want to leave it as a casual meet-up, primarily for any of the newer players who come and aren't familiar with what we do.
Is HPT on july 18th or 19th this year? since I know that there was a change in date last year.
considering the 19 is a monday that would not be a feasible date.
Well seeing that I finish exams on the 17th and just sit around, it would be for me, lol.
Anyway, alright.
I could probably make it if it was on the 5th. (Regarding THIS thread, not HPT.)
As Kei said I don't have net right now, so planning this is difficult. I haven't been able to see my schedule or figure out what I'm doing on the weekend of the third. I should have full net by the weekend, and I will try to arrange something then.
Sorry for the double post, just want to see where everyone stands.

There is talk of doing a p-mall meet on the 4th, should I just drop this dufferin-mall meet, or would people be more interested in doing dufferin grove on the 3rd? I would rather not have both events co-existing.
I should be OK for whichever meet-up the most people can make it to. Put me down for both, I suppose.
Sick, I'm down for either as well.
Im in for both as well. Smile
(Of course im up for P-mall more as it takes about a good hour and a half less.)

But still going to try for dufferin, no promises though.
I'll make it.
Put me down for possible. Just need to confirm if I can make it down there or not.

If a few more people confirm their attendance or the possibility of their attendance, we can move this to Official Events.
I need to prove myself I'm in but I have no clue where Dufferin Grove park is can I get a map or at least instructions from the subway...?
Put me down on possible. There is like a 85-90% chance of me attending. I need to clarify a couple things first tough. I just want to make sure there are no conflicts with other commitments.
(Jun. 04, 2010  2:38 AM)Train Wrote: I need to prove myself I'm in but I have no clue where Dufferin Grove park is can I get a map or at least instructions from the subway...?

Get yourself to Dufferin station, from there head out to Dufferin Mall (if you exit the side opposite to the Pharmancy stay on the street, go to the cross walk, and walk past the couple of schools on that sidewalk, from there you should be able to get to Dufferin Mall's Parking Lot, which will face the Wal-Mart & Toys"R"Us entrance). If you enter from either the Wal-Mart or the entrance near Toys"R"Us you need to get to the opposite end of the mall. You know you're on the right path when you've passed the food court, a Champs, and a Tim Hortons to find a giant stair case and a bunch of escalators (as well as a Boston Pizza, and a No Frills near by). Go down the stairs and exit the mall. Dufferin Grove Park is across the street.