Tool

Lately I've been obsessing over them. Lateralus has to be the greatest song ever made, Disgustipation a close second. They're innovative, intelligent, and meaningful (lolwut?).

Anyone who hasn't heard of them should give them a shot.
not that Ive really listened to them, but I know how good they are.
Since I bought my sis two of their cds for xmas I'll probably be hearing enough of them.

btw I like a perfect circle, which was a sideproject of on of the members while tool was on standby. or something like that
I've liked these guys for a while. I own the Lateralus album, but I haven't really considered getting 10,000 Days. Maynard's voice sounds different, and I don't like it as well. The only song I really keep on my MP3 from that album is The Pot.
I've dabbled in Tool and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

They're touted as this uber artsy, original band and yet most of their music is really derivative. :\
Roan Wrote:I've dabbled in Tool and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

They're touted as this uber artsy, original band and yet most of their music is really derivative. :\

dingdingding
Roan Wrote:I've dabbled in Tool and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

I'm in love with their drummer. And they use a didgeridoo. Name me five bands that use a didgeridoo and make it sound good. They're not these absolutely amazing poets, but their very tribal-sounding music effects (mostly provided by the drums) are nice to listen to.
Katashi Wrote:They use a didgeridoo! This means they're good, right? Right? Well, OTHER bands don't use them, so I'm pretty sure that means the one that does is carp awesome.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:They use a didgeridoo! This means they're good, right? Right? Well, OTHER bands don't use them, so I'm pretty sure that means the one that does is carp awesome.

*Rolls eyes* That's the most mature thing I've heard all day. It wasn't like I was getting a hard on for them using the damn thing. I thought it was just cool how a band can use a hard to make sound good instrument and make it sound good (Not the best way to argue a point, but that's all I got right now. Wit has left me for the moment). Getting dickslapped wasn't nesessary.
Getting dickslapped is ALWAYS necessary.

Well, for me anyway. Joyful_3
Katashi Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

*Rolls eyes* That's the most mature thing I've heard all day. It wasn't like I was getting a hard on for them using the damn thing. I thought it was just cool how a band can use a hard to make sound good instrument and make it sound good (Not the best way to argue a point, but that's all I got right now. Wit has left me for the moment). Getting dickslapped wasn't nesessary.

was just a joke, relax, but lots of bands used uncommon instruments in interesting ways ...

and who says didgeridoo doesn't usually sound good? I can think of lots of songs where they'd fit right in.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

was just a joke, relax, but lots of bands used uncommon instruments in interesting ways ...

and who says didgeridoo doesn't usually sound good? I can think of lots of songs where they'd fit right in.

Feh, guess I'm not used to your sense of humor. It's rather...odd. Well, I meant by themselves that didgeridoos sound weird. Lol, what other songs are you thinking?
I'm not sure, really, but I guess I don't think it sounds weird or bad.
I suppose I mean unique, not weird or bad. Yeah, unique.
I think M.I.A. uses a didgeridoo in one song lol for example. on

Anyway Roan, Brad I don't know how you can say that, especially when you include thier visual aspects. I'd say the only reason they would sound derivative is that by now they would be other bands that will try to emulate their sound.
but w.e. its your opinion
Blue Wrote:I think M.I.A. uses a didgeridoo in one song lol for example. on

Anyway Roan, Brad I don't know how you can say that, especially when you include thier visual aspects. I'd say the only reason they would sound derivative is that by now they would be other bands that will try to emulate their sound.

Well, I re-downloaded Lateralus to give it another shot. Maybe I was just dismissive of the band previously.

I'll let you know what I think when I've had a chance to listen to it.
Roan Wrote:
Blue Wrote:I think M.I.A. uses a didgeridoo in one song lol for example. on

Well, I re-downloaded Lateralus to give it another shot. Maybe I was just dismissive of the band previously.

I'll let you know what I think when I've had a chance to listen to it.

Couldn't have downloaded a better song by them.
The more i hear of them the more I like them. Anemia is a good song too, heard it two days ago,

Learn to Swim, Learn to Swim, Learn to Swim, Learn to Swim, Learn to Swim, Learn to Swim.