Tokyo Ghoul: Re

Some time after the events following the CCG’s overall extermination spree, Haise Sasaki is a Rank 1 Ghoul Investigator working as the leader of The Quinx Squad, a group of new recruits to which the ultimate goal of CCG is entrusted: Quinx must completely wipe out the natural enemies of the human world; a parallel but appalling existence of eater species known as "ghouls."
=================================================

Chapter 7 review:

I'm really interested in how Nishiki became so dang powerful. He wasn't that special in TG, maybe A ranked at most. Something really major must have happened for him to somehow get to S rank. Torso's behaviour is also confusing me. There was so much commotion that he could have slipped away and no one would have noticed. Either he's a complete moron or Nishiki and Torso are something other than just enemies. I'm betting on the former though; he really sucks at hiding his tracks. His eating habits are too specific, his hunting grounds can become pretty obvious after some careful observation, he takes pictures using a very specific kind of camera, and he doesn't carry around his damn mask with him. I don't really have much confidence in this guy's intelligence.

The main thing that convinced me Sassan was Kaneki in the last chapter was the fact that he was hallucinating (not just having nightmares). Normal, healthy people don't hallucinate creepy over attached guys. Since he was hallucinating, something was obviously wrong with his mental stability. I'm really sad, Sassan/Kaneki lost control of himself again. It doesn't seem like he's gotten noticeably better even after 3.5 years. I'm just glad he ain't blind and completely helpless anymore. I wonder whether Kaneki is working for CCG of his own free will or if he was somehow forced to. Maybe Kaneki agreed to work for them because CCG offered to give him a human life in exchange. He's treated like a human unless he loses control. Even deep down, Kaneki always wanted to be a human. Two theories: I doubt Sassan's got amnesia, he's just suppressing his past as much as he can but sometimes things slip out, like Nishiki's name. If he does in fact have amnesia, it's probably got something to do with that hole Arima gave him. As we get to the end, we see Sassan being summoned by Arima seven days later. What does Arima want to talk about? Is he going to tell him he's Kaneki or something? Now we have to get a few more questions answered such as "Where is Hide?". This is definitely the best chapter to date. Last weeks was the best, now this weeks is the best.

My hype talking:

Pretty good chapter, hopefully in Ch. 8 we learn more about Arima and what the fck actually happened.
Chapter 8 Review

I think in the near future, an intragroup conflict is bound to happen, with Kuki Urie in the centre. Kuki Urie is described as power-hungry person thus far. After seeing Haise’s rampage, Kuki is shown to be envious of him, of both his power and position. Coupled with his demotion, and subsequent promotion of the lower-ranked Ginshi Shirazu, his hatred for Haise Sasaki is bound to increase. A potential betrayal? Conflict within CCG? Well, maybe not too considering how Kuki is reflecting and willing to train as a team to take down stronger foes. Really interested to see the new leader, Ginshi, juggling with his new responsibilities too. No doubt, it’s going to be funny.

Haise Sasaki is definitely tired. He’s crying and aware of how unstable and incomplete he is. He has only 2 years worth of memory and those bond created during this period is precious to him. Yet he cannot escape his past, currently being symbolised by his white-haired counterpart. Whether his past is something worth remembering, Haise is not sure. He is curious yet hesitant. He knows that eventually he has to make a choice since the past and present is, presently, mutually exclusive. However, if there comes a time when both can be accepted, it will be when a mutual understanding establishes between humans and ghouls.

Ken Kaneki Wrote:Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 25: Enlightenment
Ken Kaneki -
"I" am the only one. The only one that can notice it and the only one that can tell others about it… I’m the only one who is a "ghoul". I’m the only one who is a human.

More Kishou Arima please. I still cannot grasp him, though it is refreshing, funny too, to see him and Akira being addressed as “father” and “mother” respectively by Haise. From these surprisingly casual interactions, he is genuinely concern for Haise and is probably the person behind Haise’s arrangements. I really want to know the reason behind his decision. A deal with Hideyoshi Nagachika? Probably.

That “Rabbit”, looking at the physique, is likely Ayato Kirishima. Touka should take a longer time before a reappearance, obviously to build up a substantial hype for the unavoidable reunion. For him to appear, what is in Torso’s apartment must be very important to the Aogiri Tree. Not surprising since it has been foreshadowed in Chapter 4 that Torso is running an errand for Aogiri Tree. Somehow, I think that other than to satisfy his fetish, Torso is using his camera to take other pictures for Aogiri Tree (remember the thumbdrive he passed to Hinami?). Also, the company behind the camera, Immortal, sounds suspiciously related to ghouls.

A good cool down and build up chapter. I am liking this sequel more, especially with the more polish and clean art of Sui Ishida relative to the prequel. He has really improved much.