Throwing some things together, getting second opinions.

I'd like to get back into the hobby, but only when I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

AR: Cross Dranzer
WD: 10-Balance
SG: Neo Left SG (Metal Weight Version)
BB: Magnet Flat Base

Concept: Upper, I suppose. I remember always using DZV2'S AR back in the day, because I almost always won, no matter what other parts I used. This probably doesn't matter, though, seeing as most of the time, it was usually an uncustomized opponent.

AR: Corona Saber
WD: 10-Wide
BB: SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version)

Concept: More smash!

AR: Strike Turtle (OH LAWD DRACIEL PART)
SG: Neo Right SG (Double Bearing Version)
SP: Cross Attack
BB: Customize Bearing Base

Concept: I think this is a balanced smash. Switching Kerberous' AR and WD possibly makes up for the beyblade's lack of defense? If Strike Turtle is a piece of carp, What if I were to use Poseidon's AR: Trident Vector?

I freaking love Smash Blades. Uncertain
(Sep. 05, 2008  8:01 PM)J.P. Black Wrote: I'd like to get back into the hobby, but only when I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

AR: Cross Dranzer
BB: Magnet Flat Base

Concept: Upper, I suppose. I remember always using DZV2'S AR back in the day, because I almost always won, no matter what other parts I used. This probably doesn't matter, though, seeing as most of the time, it was usually an uncustomized opponent.

Is Magnet Flat BB from Dragoon V? Since you have SG Metal Flat from GDV, I'd use that instead, it's pretty low to the ground. There're better ARs out there available for upper attack, like Upper Dragoon, Triangle Wing, etc. Cross Dranzer has upper, but it's not really good compared to those. Finally, use 10-heavy instead for more weight to increase upper attack strength (HMC is good too if you have it.

(Sep. 05, 2008  8:01 PM)J.P. Black Wrote: AR: Corona Saber
WD: 10-Wide
BB: SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version)

Concept: More smash!

How does Corona Saber overall performance in smash attack compare to others like Triple Wing or Triple Tiger, etc? The rest seems fine. It's not a commonly used AR and I don't have experience with it myself, but I've heard it's ok for smash attack.

(Sep. 05, 2008  8:01 PM)J.P. Black Wrote: AR: Strike Turtle (OH LAWD DRACIEL PART)
SG: Neo Right SG (Double Bearing Version)
SP: Cross Attack
BB: Customize Bearing Base

Concept: I think this is a balanced smash. Switching Kerberous' AR and WD possibly makes up for the beyblade's lack of defense? If Strike Turtle is a piece of carp, What if I were to use Poseidon's AR: Trident Vector?

I like Strike Turtle myself as a smash attack AR. Right now though, I'd just stick with the 2nd combo, but with Strike Turtle there instead. Should work better overall for attack.
(Sep. 05, 2008  10:24 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Is Magnet Flat BB from Dragoon V? Since you have SG Metal Flat from GDV, I'd use that instead, it's pretty low to the ground. There're better ARs out there available for upper attack, like Upper Dragoon, Triangle Wing, etc. Cross Dranzer has upper, but it's not really good compared to those. Finally, use 10-heavy instead for more weight to increase upper attack strength (HMC is good too if you have it.)

Yeah, it's Dragoon V's base. And I actually don't own any of these parts yet, as I want to get a rundown from people who know what they're doing before I go and buy something useless, like a Draciel model.

But looking back, I did once have Dranzer GT and Gaia Dragoon V, and totally could have had the combo ready to try out. :<

(Sep. 05, 2008  10:24 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: How does Corona Saber overall performance in smash attack compare to others like Triple Wing or Triple Tiger, etc? The rest seems fine. It's not a commonly used AR and I don't have experience with it myself, but I've heard it's ok for smash attack.

Sorry, never actually owned it, just threw it in since I haven't read anything bad about Apollon's AR from various sites, and it's apparent use for Smash. But just by looking at pictures, it seems pretty thick and probably lives up to its hype.

(Sep. 05, 2008  10:24 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: I like Strike Turtle myself as a smash attack AR. Right now though, I'd just stick with the 2nd combo, but with Strike Turtle there instead. Should work better overall for attack.

Cool, nice to know not all of Draciel's parts are completely worthless.

If anything, I'll probably buy Poseidon and Apollon before any other, since it seems not many people have those Beys and it would be nice to have solid information on them.
Actually Beholder had on Damashii that Corona Sabre was for upper and you can see it with how each wing has angled ramps in both directions. It's not very long upper like Upper Dragoon or Triangle Wing, but I swear it's upper.

EDIT:

This is directly from Damashii
"This blade's advantage is its AR, "Corona Saber". Its weighs 8 grams; one of the heaviest among all ARs. The Corona Saber is also very big, with a wide attack range, as well as good Upper Attack ability. This blade can be used as a more advanced form of Seaborg 2."
Eh, I figured thick ARs would, y'know, by physics, be great for smashing, but then again, I of all people really don't have the knowledge to question Beholder, lol.
Corona Saber has very little upper potential, especially when compared to most other good upper ARs out there. If anything, it should still be used mainly for smash, although I'd still use other ARs for that as well.

About Trident Vector, I've barely heard anything on it, but I'm guessing it recoils like heck. If you do get it, try it out though and see how it does compared to the other smash ARs mentioned before.
In my experience with Corona Saber, it had a lot of recoil in spite of it's above-average performance for smash and upper. I would play it safe with either a Smash Turtle or Triple Tiger (I miss having that thing so much....T_T)