Thrice

By far my favorite band. They're so creative and The Alchemy Index is going to be amazing. 4 discs, each one based on one of the four elements with 6 tracks on each disc.

I'm supposed to go see them live again on Oct. 19th but I'm not going to be able to get a ticket. Unhappy lol

"The Alchemy Index Vols. I and II: Fire and Water" leaked last night. I'm not sure on the policies here about piracy so I won't post the link but if anyone wants the torrent, get in touch with me. Smile
Roan,

I keep seeing their new album in a CD shop I frequent in town because it reminds me of you, LOL. Is there anywhere where I can listen to some of the songs from that album before I buy it?
I love this band so much.
I really hope they tour Canada sometime.
I finally saw them live back in May as a present for my birthday at Bamboozle.
Very good live, I love the band.

My friend Tyler bashed the name in my head and I finally checked them out like 2 years ago.

"Have you heard of Thrice?"
"Yes. Stfu."
"Okay.."
"Have you heard of Thrice?"
"YES STFU YOU IDIOT."
Every. Single. Day.
Roan Wrote:www.myspace.com/thrice

Smile

I listened to all the songs on there and I like the sound of them! I will buy the album at some point. Smile
Well, I just bought a ticket to a concert the day after my birthday (feb 8th)
carp' right.

this'll probably get me listening to Fire+Water, which I honestly just haven't gotten around too yet.
k i saw hem last night,
they were amazing.
they played 2 new songs, one of air, other off earth.
they both were amazing, but the wind one blew me away.
pretty pumped for the release date now.
I'm pretty sure Air and Earth are due on April 15th.
Quoted off a blog i posted on lastfm;

Quote:attack in black was a faily decent band, they sounded great live, although i've never heard of them previous to hearing them at the concert; they were a bit light for my tastes. i ended up sitting through it because there wasn't really any reason to stand.

say anything, umm didn't fit my music taste, sure they put on a clean show, but they didn't interest me. they had 3 guitarists..wierd?

thrice made up for the other two bands, for sure. they opened up with the intro to firebreather, and from then on my night got a lot better.
through-out the night they played, in no particular order;
burn the fleet, digital sea, open water, the messenger, the whaler, deadbolt, red sky, don't tell and we won't ask, for miles, of dust and nations, silhouette, kill me quickly, and stare at the sun, as well as two new songs, one off earth, the other off wind. near perfect line up. i would've rather heard the arsonist, or maybe the flame deluge, over burn the fleet, but oh well.

the new songs were great. i was especially surprised with the song off air, it sounded amazing. dustin really showed what his voice was capable of.

it was a pretty intense concert, everyone seemed to be very into it. thrice actually messed up on digital sea, half way through the intro to the messenger started playing..it sounded kind of rad, but they stopped the song, and the crowd responded with positive feedback instead of boo's. they pulled it off again, right before red sky, and it sounded amazing. the effects dustin uses on his voice sound even better live.

the crowd started moshing as the first song started playing. that shows you just how excited the crowd was for thrice. the crowd went CRAZY when they announced they were about to play deadbolt. the extended version sounded amazing.

moshing was fun, but i only did it to maybe 2 songs. a kid smashed my head really hard at one point, with his nose. i looked back and he was hunched over with blood on his hands, but carp happens :\ i tried to apologize but its hard in the middle of a mosh pit.

i'd recommend thrice to anyone who gets a chance to see them play live. they are amazing, you won't regret it.

only complaint is they got rid of the cool light show they had when touring with brand new..Unhappy
Guitar_Legend Wrote:I love this band so much.
I really hope they tour Canada sometime.

qft.

I love Thrice aswell. Haha G_L got me into them too. Hahaha.
http://www.alchemyindex.com/

some of these blog entries are gold.
i'm inspired to grow a beard now.
Guitar_Legend Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDkCoj9NFg

ROFL
epic

hahahaha awesome.

I'm so pissed I didn't get to see them on this tour, they had an awesome lineup.

I <3 Thrice, Circa AND Pelican so it was like perfect.
so not sure if anyone follows thrice but they are currently writing a new album.

http://www.thrice.net/

lots of details, and a new song was played at bamboozle
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2pww4vMGAs )

personally..not a fan of the song. :\
I managed to score a super advance copy of their new record, "Beggars" and I am REALLY impressed so far.

It's not at all what I was expecting, but in a very good way.
Apparently because of the leak the band has decided to release the album digitally on August 11th exclusively through iTunes.

The physical release is still pending a release date, but it's promised to have bonus material.

http://www.thrice.net/?p=270
"Beggars" will be released on CD on September 15th with 5 bonus tracks.

"Vagrant Records announces a new in-store release date for the sixth studio album from Southern California’s Thrice. Beggars leaked in mid-July resulting in a pushed up digital release exclusively on iTunes on August 11. September 15 will be the day that the newly beefed up physical CD will be in stores. The package will include a download card featuring five bonus tracks – two b-sides (“Answered,” and “Red Telephone”) which were recorded during the Beggars sessions, as well as a hot-off-the-presses studio rendition of The Beatles’ “Helter Skelter” – a fan favorite from recent Thrice live shows. Also included are a remix of “All The World Is Mad” by Free The Robots and a remix of “Circles” by Textual."

w00t, definitely buying. Grin
WE ARE THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE!

...sorry, couldn't help myself XD