Three-For-All!

SexyMichael Wrote:Weight is a huge factor in battles with multiple bey because withing the first few seconds one or more of the opponents is usually pushed out and the others are heavily damaged. It's just a hectic mess of beyblades most of the time.

I think the "hectic mess" is what makes it fun. I'm not sure if weight is any more important here than in another Beyblade match.

Elmo Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think your friend's attackers losing is probably due to a lack of shooting technique and a stadium that was too large. I'm sure, especially if they knew how to shoot, your survival Beyblade wouldn't be sitting so pretty for long.

SLIDE SHOT!!!???

Slide shots allow for more erratic movement, correct? The blade would bounce off the sides and come across the middle of the stadium to hit the other side or hit another beyblade =)

Sliding shot will have a different effect depending on the tip. You can use it to have the Beyblade sweep through the center of the stadium instead of going in complete circles.
Another thing to mention is that attack rings break all the time when you do these.
... I don't see why they'd break any more than usual.
Tamer Brad Wrote:... I don't see why they'd break any more than usual.

Well I'm speaking from experience. I remember that nobody in my area would ever beyblade with more than one person at a time because someone would always lose an attack ring. This was back when beyblades were scarace and it was hard to get replacements.
Seems like a complete misconception to me, simply because the battle seems more violent. I'd say the likelihood of it breaking is barely increased at all.
Tamer Brad Wrote:It would do terribly, because once it KOs one Beyblade it's stuck with another.
If two people were working together it would work well! Because they could take out the Beyblade they want to lose. xP

Anyways, I still stand by what I said; the types which have the majority (if there is one), will most likely win. This depends on different things though, like which stadium is being used.
I don't think we can generalize so simply as saying what type would win. We have to be more specific.

For example, think about this:

AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left
BB: Full Auto Clutch

This could do some serious damage very early on, but would definitely be able to outlast attackers in the long run.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't think we can generalize so simply as saying what type would win. We have to be more specific.

For example, think about this:

AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left
BB: Full Auto Clutch

This could do some serious damage very early on, but would definitely be able to outlast attackers in the long run.

I'm not saying that the majority would win for certain each time, but I am saying that most often I think that would be the case. It does depend on a number of factors though, like I said.
But what consitutes an "attack" type?

Look at the Beyblade I just posted, and compare it to this:

AR: Upper Dragoon
WD: 10-Heavy
BB: Grip Base

Of course, they're both "attack" Beyblades, but they have entirely different uses.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seems like a complete misconception to me, simply because the battle seems more violent. I'd say the likelihood of it breaking is barely increased at all.

More collisions+more collisions in rapid succesion=broken parts. I'm sure Elliot could explain this in more complicated terms.
I see Smash Attackers dominating this scene. What about compact types?
SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seems like a complete misconception to me, simply because the battle seems more violent. I'd say the likelihood of it breaking is barely increased at all.

More collisions+more collisions in rapid succesion=broken parts. I'm sure Elliot could explain this in more complicated terms.

It doesn't make sense though. Beyblades can go through hundreds of battles and never break. I can't see this raising the probability that much. The succession of the collisions wouldn't matter much, I imagine; Beyblade parts don't "heal" over time.

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I see Smash Attackers dominating this scene. What about compact types?

I mentioned compacts already. I think they'd do quite well against everything but the purest survival types.
Tamer Brad Wrote:It doesn't make sense though. Beyblades can go through hundreds of battles and never break. I can't see this raising the probability that much. The succession of the collisions wouldn't matter much, I imagine; Beyblade parts don't "heal" over time.

Well I'm going to have to disagree with your statement that beyblades can go through hundreds of battles and not break. I've broke just as many or more beyblades than I own. I'm not rough with them, they just break a lot. I remember buying a master driger and breaking it less than a half hour after I got home. I sent all of my broken beyblades back to Hasbro to be replaced, it's the only reason I still have any.

And succession of collisions matters a lot. After a collision the speed of the beyblades is increased dramatically resulting in more powerful collisions which then result in even more powerful collisions and so on.
I've broken a considerable amount of parts, but also consider that I own like 500 Beyblades, I'd say my broken parts rate is under 10%. So I think you were just unlikely.

Also, I'm pretty sure Beyblades SLOW DOWN after a collision.
When a baseball bat collides with a baseball I'm pretty sure the last thing the baseball does is slow down...
Tamer Brad Wrote:I've broken a considerable amount of parts, but also consider that I own like 500 Beyblades, I'd say my broken parts rate is under 10%. So I think you were just unlikely.

Also, I'm pretty sure Beyblades SLOW DOWN after a collision.

The one who had the most force during impact slows down.
SexyMichael Wrote:When a baseball bat collides with a baseball I'm pretty sure the last thing the baseball does is slow down...

This is so not even remotely close to the same thing. I don't even know how to comment on this.

Wow.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:When a baseball bat collides with a baseball I'm pretty sure the last thing the baseball does is slow down...

This is so not even remotely close to the same thing. I don't even know how to comment on this.

Wow.

You can't deny that after a big collision one of the beyblades gets shot back with ridiculous force.
SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Wow.

You can't deny that after a big collision one of the beyblades gets shot back with ridiculous force.

Yes, but often not faster than it was moving originally. This "movement", in and of itself, does not damage the Beyblade at all. Any way, in terms of parts damage spin speed is WAY more important than movement speed, which is almost inconsequential. Your analogy is moot/
SexyMichael Wrote:

not entirely true. each collision has a certain amount of force behind it. it does not matter if those forces happen in succession or over time the effect one force has on an object will not effect the next force to be applied to it. yes a blade will be sent moving at a faster rate depending on the force of the impact but the speeds that the blades gain from this is minimal enough not to make too much of a difference.

the only time id see a multi battle being harmful to a blade is if one blade is hit by two others at exactly the same time. that is the only time that the force will be greater then if they acted in succession

actually the first thing it does is slow down. in order for it to change direction it needs to slow to a velocity of zero before it can begin moving in the opposite direction. just because you dont actually "see" the ball stop doesnt mean that its doesnt stop. this is a basic concept of physics
Tamer Brad Wrote:Yes, but often not faster than it was moving originally. This "movement", in and of itself, does not damage the Beyblade at all. Any way, in terms of parts damage spin speed is WAY more important than movement speed, which is almost inconsequential. Your analogy is moot/

Well my Physics knowledge ends at the High School level. I'm not going to get into a serious discussion on a subject neither of us know very much about.

It could have to do with being hit in one direction and then suddenly in another. It could have to do with the sudden loss of spinning velocity after a collision. It doesn't matter all that much. Now that I think of it, a baseball probably doesn't speed up after the collision, pitchers frigging throw them fast.

All I'm saying is that; from my experience with beyblade matches involving 3 or more beyblades, carp gets broken. I'm sure you'll test it out later when you get your stuff back and come to your own conclusions on the matter.
Thanks Fleets, you know a lot more about this physics thing than I do. Smile
i enjoy physics ^^. and im always happy to help with an explination. though sometimes it might be difficult to understand so if you need a better description just ask