Thoughts/Discussion on Beyhunting at Flea Markets. (Or Bazaars, Swap Meets, Etc.)

[Hey, Mods! I'm not really sure if i should put this in marketplace, since it really isn't really direct buying or selling, and more of a discussion on the topic. If you want me to move the thread to a better place, I'll do so ASAP!]

As a Texan, I have the privilege of being able to shop at Traders Village (That isn't a typo, it's actually spelled "Traders" instead of "Trader's").

-TEXT WALL AHEAD! I'll provide a tl;dr since most people are probably going to skim through it, if not skip it entirely.-

For the vast majority of this forum that has no clue what "Traders Village" is, Traders Village are GIGANTIC, year-round, stationary Flea Markets that are sprinkled across Texas and are owned by a company of the same name. Now, for the longest time, I've been heavily considering going to the local one in Dallas/Grand Prairie to look for Beyblade lots. My reasoning behind this stems from the fact that there are 2 different types of vendors at Traders Village: Scalpers reselling vintage games, and Families that just are selling unwanted toys but don't live in an area where a garage sale would attract neighbors. My hypothesis is that at least one of these family vendors are bound to sell off their Beys, stadiums, and other accessories together for SUPER cheap, due to them not knowing their actual sell value. The drawback is that Traders Village is also a hotspot for knockoff products. So, there's a rather large chance of the vendor selling unpackaged (yet accurate) knockoff beys, and/or selling them for high prices. (And not like Hasbro/Tomy Price, but like Ebay Scalper price.) Plus, there's the chance nobody even sells them there.

-TL;DR: I want to go to a flea market to look for Beyblades, but there's some concerns about knockoff/overpriced beys.-

Now, for the actual topic this thread is for. What are your thoughts/experiences with searching for Beys at flea markets? Have any stories? Suggestions? Haggling tactics? Discuss.
I thought I was the only Texan who beyhunted at flea markets... I ain't alone no longer. I could almost cry of happiness. But as for my thoughts, always have phone and Amazon along ebay ready to check current prices.
I would think so. Do you have any tips for haggling prices, or any specific spots you frequent? I only usually try Traders Village as a last resort for a deal.
Just to ask, when I am shopping on Amazon or E-Bay, how do I know which beyblades are fake and which ones are real? Are there any sellers I should avoid? Thanks for any feedback...
(Mar. 31, 2017  11:12 PM)Gallon of Milk Wrote: Just to ask, when I am shopping on Amazon or E-Bay, how do I know which beyblades are fake and which ones are real? Are there any sellers I should avoid? Thanks for any feedback...

Authentic beyblades are only sold by takara Hasbro and sonokong/young toys so,look for those companies where you go look at the brand
(Mar. 31, 2017  11:42 PM)mj9 Wrote: Authentic beyblades are only sold by takara Hasbro and sonokong/young toys so,look for those companies where you go look at the brand

In a flea market you won't see the box, so memorize the differences between brands. I did it, and I know have a bunch of fakes that came in a bag along an authentic Death Quetzalcoatl from Takara Tomy that I bought at a thrift store.
If you want to know what to avoid, take a look at theflightyellz's guide to fakes and searching: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-theflig...-searching

I'll move this topic to the Bey Marketplace.
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:19 AM)Discord Blader Wrote: In a flea market you won't see the box, so memorize the differences between brands. I did it, and I know have a bunch of fakes that came in a bag along an authentic Death Quetzalcoatl from Takara Tomy that I bought at a thrift store.

Memorizing KO Flaws... GENIUS! Any advice on how to figure this out? Any videos, or written tutorials?
(Apr. 03, 2017  10:32 PM)TheHammerBro Wrote: Memorizing KO Flaws... GENIUS! Any advice on how to figure this out? Any videos, or written tutorials?

Each generation of fakes has its hallmarks, so you'd need to be more specific. In general though, fakes are usually poorly molded, hollowed out/lighter, come with mismatched parts, and their coloration is typically off.
We have a local Savers store (which is a secondhand/thrift shop if you haven't heard of one) by us and my friend goes there all the time and finds beyblades. He finds mostly Hasbro beyblades (with the exception of 1 Rock Leone) and a lot of Galaxy Pegsises. In his latest lot he got a Dragoon GT engine gear, and 2 dragon winders (long ones).