This board is full of ingrates.

That guy is a perfect example of what we do not want. Kay Pinching_eyes Lol Rocky your right. Why must they be so exhausting It is a mystery
Gawd, I have a huge headache now from reading that guy's posts.
I never like to argue... I just ignore it.

I know evereybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.
But if you don't like the New Series and Nobody Cares- Well Arbitor, just don't post. There's no point.
(Mar. 14, 2009  7:07 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: Gawd, I have a huge headache now from reading that guy's posts.

Me to, how is that even possible though? Crying
(Mar. 14, 2009  7:09 PM)Giga Wrote: Me to, how is that even possible though? Crying

I don't have a headache but it certainly got the blood pumping. I feel like I've been for a 10 min run. XD
I reported his first post, for not listening to us and repeatedly using the word noob.
I just can't understand how people can be so damn close-minded. I'm sure this guy has never used any MFB so how the hell can he judge it. Some people are just so ungrateful and then have the nerve to be complain, criticize and whine when they're given what they want. We're lucky beyblade even came back.
ahahahaha wow guys
Frankly the fact he liked plastic more did not bother me. To each his own. What bugged me is that he attempted to create a logical argument as to why Takara should revert back to old technology (he failed miserably mind you). That kind of closed minded stupidity bothers me.
(Mar. 14, 2009  7:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ahahahaha wow guys

Having fun Brad?XD
i just woke up so this was pretty interesting to read

i would warn the guy but i think he's taken enough punishment from you guys
Yeah we can manage on our own lol. You go away for a couple of ours and this happens!
Quote:since you wont throw away your collection of classic tops for a new gimmick of metal blades, you must not be real fans

Brad didn't mean this literally. What he meant by throw away was put them to one side and focus on the new MFB product line. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

Quote:The electric light up beyblades came along and failed. Next there were the remote control blades. It was a good concept but they had no metal ring. They were tossed aside as well.

Of course these failed because they were not meant to be used in battles as far as we were concerned. There was no proper use for them. I agree with you on this one.

Quote:spun out of control and landed in the pits of the arena

Who in their right mind would use a Hasbro stadium anyway?

Quote:While all these series came and went there always one that remained. The original. The simplicity and active customization made these tops the most fun to watch and the best selling. They were a toy that lasted through the ages.

All of these series remained, excluding the light up and remote controlled one. All of the series were used in making customizations more advanced. What you have stated here makes no sense what so ever. This quote shows you talking nonsense. The "Beyblade" toy lasted the years. The new products were bought out to sell alongside the airing of the current anime series. If the producers kept the anime the same then Beyblade would have died out a lot sooner than it did I would imagine. All of the released products for Beyblade were simple so I don't understand where your coming from.

Quote:The final attempt to outdo the originals came out a few years ago. The HMS tops.

The HMS wasn't bought out to outdo. They were, again, bought out in regards to the current situation of the anime. You obviously have no knowledge in terms of marketing and the way product vs TV show works. I would suggest you do some research.

Quote:1) they were too small
2) customization was a pain
3) there was almost no customization because the pieces were almost exactly the same
4) the battles were boring to watch
5) battles spanned out too long and you just wanted them to end
6) they weren’t compatible with the originals
7) only about 10 tops or even less came out for the series before it bit the dust. What kind of marketing was that? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

1) What sort of excuse is this. They were not to small. If they were any bigger do you know how heavy they would be and how much they would cost to make?
2) When was customization a pain, it wasn't exactly hard to do.
3) There were a lot more customizations than you think.
4) If they were boring then why were you playing with Beyblades? I don't see why they were boring, it's the same scenario as the older tops. You watch them hit each other until one stops spinning. You shot yourself in the foot with this comment.
5) They were no longer than other battles.
6) Well duh. Of course they weren't. They were made as a new system. They had to progress the tops with what direction the anime took.
7) 10 tops were released? Where were you living? In hole? There were more tops released in the HMS series. I'm assuming your talking about Hasbro UK? Hasbro US released more than 10 HMS tops. There were also places on the net (UK based) that had US and Japanese tops available for purchase. So no excuses.

Quote:Now ive heard the argument that the HMS can easily beat the normal ones. Well that’s a pointless argument right there.

This wasn't an arguement to start with.

Quote:That’s like if someone buys 1000 dollars worth of pokemon cards and makes the ultimate deck. Then someone with a Zippo comes along and lights them all on fire. Well I guess the Zippo is stronger than the deck but its still cheap and stupid.

This is the worst example I have read in my life. How can you compare Beyblade to a deck of cards and lighter? They are two completely different objects that are used for two completely different purposes. Beyblade is used for the same purpose. This example has no worth and is therefore not valid.

Quote:Use the ones you can order off the internet, you know, the ones that can take your finger off.

Sorry to burst your bubble but these are illegal in Beyblade play my friend.

Quote:Whether they are strong or not it still doesnt change all the flaws I mentioned above and what it all comes down to is that the HMS tops are still worthless. The HMS tops are one of the reasons why beyblade died.

None of the blades were useless. Yes they had their flaws, but parts were always useful with a few not quite making the cut. HMS was not the reason that Beyblade died out. It was the fact that the anime had finished, no new ideas were being generated and the product line had nothing else to base concepts on. Beyblade is just like any other toy. It's successful, then unsuccessful. That is the way the toy market rolls and it happens to everything. Take Pokemon for example.

Quote:That’s like poisoning someone and trying to bring them back to life by pumping antifreeze into their veins.

What sort of example is that? The new tops represent the new anime. You seriously didn't think they would bring back the original tops did you?

Quote:Now, these new tops don’t look bad. Mixing metal with plastic is a good concept. At least they aren’t microscopic like the HMS.

HMS were plastic and metal. The MFB and HMS are pretty much the same size. You have contradicted yourself here.

Quote:But there is one tiny problem. They aren’t compatible with the originals.

Of course they wouldn't be. They are a new product line and anime. What you are trying to get at is as bad as those people that said Bit Beasts are real. Companies need to make money. If they remade the new tops to be compatible with the originals, chances are they wouldn't be all that successful.

Quote:Now for beyblade noobs (like a lot of people here) that wouldn’t be a problem because they don’t have a large collection to begin with but for hard core fans like me, who have been here since the beginning, it renders our collections useless. Why are they trying to start over? If they want to bring beyblade back why couldn’t they have made the compatible with the originals?

This wouldn't be a very wise marketing move. They are trying to get new people involved. So by starting a new product line and anime they are starting a fresh. So what if they render your old collection useless? Nobody else here complains about it. Your just whinning and need to grow up. If they made them compatible with the old tops then it wouldn't be a new product line would it? These old parts would only be useful until they broke. Once they broke then you would have to ONLY use the new parts. So what your saying still doesn't have any solid ground to stand on.

Quote:That’s like if your mom died and in order to bring her back to life you turn her into a flesh eating zombie.

Where do you get your examples from. They are absolutely ridiculous. They don't even make sense.

Quote:Its like if konami decided yugi-oh would now have a whole new series of cards with a whole different playing style. Fans wouldn’t just say “well ive been using these cards for 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on them but whatever I guess ill throw them aside and start over. Does that make ANY sense?

If you Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't making the money they expected and sales were getting worse then it would be a good move because the current product line would be failing.

Quote:The original tops are not useless relics. They are CLASSICS. They are considered some of the best toys ever made by many.

They are considered classics and the best for a reason. If you started to make new stuff based on the old products then you could potentially risk ruining a perfectly good product. Making people move on with a new product line enables the old stuff to remain as good as it was for its time.

Quote:The metal tops were nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

The same applies to all similar products. The 4 layer was the original. the 5 layer and its interchangable left and right spin was a marketing gimmick. The MG was a marketing gimmick. The EG was a marketing gimmick. The HMS was a marketing gimmick. The MFB isn't! It represents a new anime and a new product.

Quote: But don’t insult the real fans who refuse to abandon all that we ever cared about in beyblade.

Your just narrow minded, childish and immature.

Quote:Why not re-release the older tops with a greater variety of blades and arenas. Maybe there could be more ways to customize the bit pieces or bases. They could have used some creativity but instead they just decided to start all over.

That wouldn't be worth Takara-Tomy's time and money. What part of NEW ANIME do you not understand. This is why a new franchise has been released.

That is all because I'm not going to bother wasting anymore of my time. Brad has had to re-open so I can post this reply. I spent 45 minutes doing this and didn't want it to go to waste =D, enjoy!
Damn! that was huge. I can't blame you for wanting to post that. If I spend that much time on it I would too lol. I just happened to rush mine.
Quote:None of the blades were useless. Yes they had their flaws, but parts were always useful with a few not quite making the cut. HMS was not the reason that Beyblade died out. It was the fact that The anime has finished, no new ideas were being generated and the product line had nothing else to base concepts on. Beyblade is just like any other toy. It's successful, then unsuccessful. That is the way the toy market rolls and it happens to everything. Take Pokemon for example.
Except Draciel MS. Well done for that btw, please leave it open until tomorrow, if he comes back!
Quote:So what I hear you saying is

"since you wont throw away your collection of classic tops for a new gimmick of metal blades, you must not be real fans."

No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, if you'd rather pay $50 for a six year old Beyblade instead of $10 for one that came out last month and support the new series, you are making a mistake.

Quote:There is a reason why we love the classics. There were hundreds of plastic blades making thousands of possibilities. It was the only series to remain constant. The electric light up beyblades came along and failed. The magnet core beyblades were similar to the original ones but the utilized magnets. The blades were cool but the magnet gimmick was useless. So consequently they died as well. Next there were the remote control blades. It was a good concept but they had no metal ring. They were tossed aside as well. The engine gear blades came out in attempt to improve the action of the battles. The problem was, they were bulky and they spun out of control and landed in the pits of the arena. While all these series came and went there always one that remained. The original. The simplicity and active customization made these tops the most fun to watch and the best selling. They were a toy that lasted through the ages.

The electric light up Beyblades, and RC Beyblades were not part of the mainline. MagneSystem and Engine Gear were part of the plastic mainline so I'm not sure which point you're trying to address here. Takara-Tomy could not continue to do the same thing over and over and expect them to sell. Hobbies don't work like that.

Quote:The final attempt to outdo the originals came out a few years ago. The HMS tops. When I first heard of these I didn’t know what to think. A full metal attack ring? A left/right spin launcher? All new customization tools? WOW! This thing is total ****ing garbage. Full metal my ***. I’d rather it be full ****ing size. Here is what was wrong with them

1) they were too small
2) customization was a pain
3) there was almost no customization because the pieces were almost exactly the same
4) the battles were boring to watch
5) battles spanned out too long and you just wanted them to end
6) they weren’t compatible with the originals
7) only about 10 tops or even less came out for the series before it bit the dust. What kind of marketing was that? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

1. They were not "too small", whatever this arbitrary statement is supposed to mean. I did not realize there was some sort of threshold that made the size acceptable. Smaller meant they spun faster and longer.

2. Customization wasn't a pain, and was certainly far more elegant than the plastic series which felt incredibly archaic by the time HMS came out.

3. Pieces were almost exactly the same? You never owned any HMS, did you?

4. They were far more exciting than plastic battles. They moved faster and hit harder.

5. If you don't enjoy long Beyblade battles, maybe you just don't like Beyblade as much as you think you do.

6. Yes, and Support Parts weren't compatible with all bases. Spin Gear weren't compatible with non-SG bases. There will always be parts that aren't compatible if the series is to continue.

7. Ten tops? There were almost 40 IIRC.

Quote:Now ive heard the argument that the HMS can easily beat the normal ones. Well that’s a pointless argument right there. That’s like if someone buys 1000 dollars worth of pokemon cards and makes the ultimate deck. Then someone with a Zippo comes along and lights them all on fire. Well I guess the Zippo is stronger than the deck but its still cheap and stupid. If you are judging by pure strength than just don’t use normal beyblades. Use the ones you can order off the internet, you know, the ones that can take your finger off. Whether they are strong or not it still doesnt change all the flaws I mentioned above and what it all comes down to is that the HMS tops are still worthless. The HMS tops are one of the reasons why beyblade died.

Wow, that's actually the worst analogy I've ever read in my entire life. I'd say it's more like comparing a Pokemon player using only cards from the first set Vs. a Pokemon player who has kept up with the times and continued to upgrade his deck. And comparing illegal counterfeit Beyblades to strong, legitimate Beyblades is simply being ridiculous.

Quote:Now they are trying to resuscitate it by making more metal tops. That’s like poisoning someone and trying to bring them back to life by pumping antifreeze into their veins. Now, these new tops don’t look bad. Mixing metal with plastic is a good concept. At least they aren’t microscopic like the HMS. But there is one tiny problem. They aren’t compatible with the originals. Now for beyblade noobs (like a lot of people here) that wouldn’t be a problem because they don’t have a large collection to begin with but for hard core fans like me, who have been here since the beginning, it renders our collections useless. Why are they trying to start over? If they want to bring beyblade back why couldn’t they have made the compatible with the originals? Defending them for sake of bringing beyblade back is absurd. That’s like if your mom died and in order to bring her back to life you turn her into a flesh eating zombie. Starting the franchise over makes NO sense. Its like if konami decided yugi-oh would now have a whole new series of cards with a whole different playing style. Fans wouldn’t just say “well ive been using these cards for 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on them but whatever I guess ill throw them aside and start over. Does that make ANY sense?

Another terrible analogy drowning in some awful points.

For starters, HMS was also a mix of metal and plastic, convincing me that you've never actually owned an HMS Beyblade or even have the slightest understanding of what they are. To call people here, who've been playing for almost a decade and own hundreds of Beyblades from all series, "Beyblade noobs" is absolutely ridiculous. And it doesn't render your collection useless. Now that MFB is out, have your old Beyblades suddenly stopped working? Have they suddenly stopped being fun? Sorry to hear it. My 200+ plastic Beyblade are still continuing to work fine though, so maybe you should take a closer look.

Metal Fight Beyblade is not aimed at us veterans. It's aimed at new kids, kids who have never played Beyblade before. The truly "hardcore" fans are going to come back for more anyway. The original Beyblade system was designed in 1998 and by 2004 it was badly showing its age. If released now, it would seem cheap to the current generation -- and rightly so. They didn't make them compatible with the originals because the originals are outdated, and there was no reason for them to do so.

Quote:Im guessing you are too young to remember using the originals very much. I think beybalde has lost a large amount of its original fanbase, so what we are left with is a tiny minority of hardcore fans who own dozens of blades and a large majority of noob beybladers who have no respect for the originals. Well listen here buddy. The original tops are not useless relics. They are CLASSICS. They are considered some of the best toys ever made by many. The metal tops were nothing more than a marketing gimmick. If you want to be suckered in and collect the 7 HMS tops, start collecting the new ones and start your beyblade collection from scratch, that’s your loss. But don’t insult the real fans who refuse to abandon all that we ever cared about in beyblade. Bottom line, the classic tops were the best and anyone whos willing to trash them is not a true beyblade fan.

I'm twenty years old. I started playing Beyblade when I was thirteen. I've been following this series since almost the beginning. I'm not asking anyone to throw anything away. I'm asking people like you to stop whining in every damn thread about MFB and leave the people who actually just want to play Beyblade in peace. I'm asking people to not spend the ludicrous amounts of money that old Beyblades demand when you can get newer, stronger ones for cheaper (and yes, I'm saying this even though I make a fair amount of money selling classic Beyblades).

I hope nobody else responds to you, since that makes at least three or four people who've put themselves through the hell of dissecting this horrible post.
I knew you couldn't resist the urge to dissect this as well Brad
im a bad person

i wrote that before having my morning coffee so i hope its legible
(Mar. 14, 2009  8:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: im a bad person

i wrote that before having my morning coffee so i hope its legible

It's very legible, I too know the difficulty of being productive and efficient without my morning joe.

Hopefully we have all reiterated ourselves enough to nail the point in by now. There is nothing left to say on the matter. I just want people to stop raining on our parade.
Damn, Thank gawd I missed this guy or I may have made I post I would have regretted. >.> You guys handled it well enough anyway.
I missed one day of posting and missed all that!!?!??! You guys epically squashed him like a bug! I wonder if he will return.....i had fun reading all that XD (hopes of no return).
(Mar. 15, 2009  12:58 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Damn, Thank gawd I missed this guy or I may have made I post I would have regretted. >.> You guys handled it well enough anyway.

True. This guy was a pretty hardcore Keyblader. XD
Ouch. At least he owns some XD
Keyblader actually likes MFB, atleast better than HMS he said. But yeah. XD
(Mar. 15, 2009  6:35 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Keyblader actually likes MFB, atleast better than HMS he said. But yeah. XD

Really? I thought it wouldn't be customizable enough. lol

Oh wait, now I think I recall someone saying he liked the EZshooter feel of the MFB shooter.
IDK, I watched his MFB video and he said there is much more potential for the MFB then the HMS or something. He still likes plastics best but he says that the MFB are pretty cool.