Things To Consider Before Posting New Combos

Alright, there has been a large influx of posts containing different combinations of beyblades but for the most part, they are proving to be useless and the threads more often than not are getting removed. I thought I would compile some general guidelines on making new threads regarding new combos because they are seperated. As well, I have updated the terminology in the forum rules in this post. SO... before posting a new combo you should take into account these rules:
Be specific. If you know the name of the part (eg. Bull is the Clear Wheel of Dark Bull), please use it; if not, please post the exact model you got the part from (eg. BB-40 Dark Bull H145SD).

Explain the concept. A Beyblade that is strong against one type of Beyblade in one type of Bey Stadium will work entirely differently in a different situation. Please tell us how your Beyblade is supposed to work. We need to know what it is you are trying to achieve, how, in what conditions, etc.

Be open minded. Don't get upset if we tell you your combo is bad. Remember, we're here to help.

Consider the Beyblade's potential. Please post some test results if you think your customisation has potential. Do not just say “it beats everything!”

So... many of you are wondering... What exactly do I put in the conditions?
I will outline the general rules that are applicable to MFB's.

1. Always use an attack stadium
This is because it is the most balanced stadium so far giving each type of beyblade no overly unfair advantage in any aspect

2. Make sure you have test results
I have read far too many threads which state "Oh I think _______ will be a good beyblade can someone test it for me?" NO If you have a reasonable request for beyblades that you seriously consider to have potential, use the Parts Request Thread... even then make sure to read the rules there.

3. A Beyblade is not "good" simply because it isn't bad
Just because it is a usable beyblade, it does not mean it will be top tier. It should have decent test results when tested against it's respective top tier combos

4. TEST AGAINST RESPECTIVE TOP TIER COMBOS
I cannot stress this enough. If you think you have a good combo put it against the current top tiers that are in the Competitive Beyblades Thread. It is also important to note that the bey should be going up against its respective beyblade types. (See chart below)
Show Chart (Click to View)

5. Use at least 10 rounds for testing
Obviously, the more rounds, the more accurate info you are going to get, leading to better results.

That's pretty much it guys and I guarantee you if you follow these rules your threads will be taken more seriously than some of the previous combos (*COUGH* Ultra Slayer Dark Wolf M145Q *COUGH*) If there's anything else I should add let me know guys!
This is really a great thread, you made this just in time because the Customizations Forum was getting overloaded with junk. I hope people read this.
Lol- Ultra Slayer Dark Wolf M145Q! So, who came up with that?
This topic basically just reiterates what is in the "State of the Customization forum", which nobody reads anyway. Obviously, those who make bad posts do not read anything even if it is stickied, or even if it is in their face.
(Dec. 09, 2010  2:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This topic basically just reiterates what is in the "State of the Customization forum", which nobody reads anyway. Obviously, those who make bad posts do not read anything even if it is stickied, or even if it is in their face.

yes i have a feeling people are going to come and spam this board with something like "ULTIMATE BEY DARK WOLF 100 SF!!!" which after, people will proceed to tell said person that the should have read said thread as well as the intro PM which said person will not read and continue to spam
(Dec. 09, 2010  2:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This topic basically just reiterates what is in the "State of the Customization forum", which nobody reads anyway. Obviously, those who make bad posts do not read anything even if it is stickied, or even if it is in their face.

We need to add flash to this site. =P
Every time someone tries to make a new thread here, this thread will pop up in their face first and won't go away until they take a little quiz at the end making sure they've read it, LOL.
Haha love that idea. But there have been a lot more people that just post random combos and repeatedly spam.
(Dec. 09, 2010  4:07 AM)blah Wrote: We need to add flash to this site. =P

I was thinking the exact same thing! have like one of those advertisement popup thingies that locks the usage of the webpage unless you meet the requirements. Have some sort of IP logging system as well so people only have to do it once... lol a bit complicated....
I don't like rule #6, and the first portion is a direct copy+paste.
(Dec. 09, 2010  6:07 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I don't like rule #6, and the first portion is a direct copy+paste.

first portion is not 100% direct, I changed tiger defenser to bull to make it more MFB suitable. Also the rules were sorta spread out so i just combined them.

what do you mean you dont like 6? are you telling us that you dont enjoy testing and discovering new combos?
(Dec. 09, 2010  4:23 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: what do you mean you dont like 6? are you telling us that you dont enjoy testing and discovering new combos?
To be honest, #6 does sound a slight bit cheesy and unnecessary.

People wouldn't even consider discovering combos and doing tests if they didn't find it fun in the first place.
And it's not like we're forcing them to do it or anything...
it's pretty damning that this has to be reiterated AGAIN.
fixed #6