The use of M145WD to counter the 230 track

I was actually thinking of a way to do this. I was also using Pegasis M145Q, because of its high wings, and have done okay at best, but not top-tier material at all.

I've also tried Lightning LDrago M145Q as an 'upper' attacker and destabilizer, it seems to somewhat work as well.

When I have time, I'll test these two out.

You should really add some testing to the OP if you want this to stay open; we need some real results to discuss about.
If you want to prove this, you will have to provide tests or this thread will be closed.
I originally posted about using M145 to kill 230. Seems like others are starting to pick up on it, or you saw my results. I never tried it with Q but I get much better results with WD.
MF-L Earth Bull 230CS.
.. I think I've heard this idea before.. Speechless
Can't wait for Bluezee to post..
(Jan. 29, 2011  3:41 PM)Dan Wrote: MF-L Earth Bull 230CS.
.. I think I've heard this idea before.. Speechless
Can't wait for Bluezee to post..

I'm right above you lol. I will post my results in a second.
I've seen that Q often causes it to bounce away while trying to destabilize. Is M145 in inner or outer mode? I know that stamina or defense bottoms like WD, WB, and maybe even CS(?) work best for destabilizing when using M145, but Q makes it go away. Maybe Pegasis M145CS? I dunno.
The sharp series work best with m145
I found that mf capricorne m145 (outer) bs works well against libra 230 wd
mind showing tests..? Speechless
In reference to Lightning LDrago M145 (Oki) That is pretty redundant as Lightning at CH140 can take care of 230 anyway. It would be better to suggest things that haven't been tried out, in this case..?
Okay. This took a bit longer than I thought but here are the results just as I though
MF-H Killer Bull M145WD vs. Earth Aquario 230WD
Killer: 10/10
230: 0/10

Killer caused one KO which was caused by the Bull clear wheel lifting the 230 combo with its upper attack. There was one thing that was strange. Killer would bounce and get under 230 sometimes, sending it flying but 230 kept hitting walls right on time, keeping it from going out. I suppose it is harder to get 230 out due to the fact that any 230 combo is about the same size as a beystadium wall.

WD also helps in assisting Killer regain balance after a bounce and gives it more than enough stamina to destabilize and outspin the opponent. It seems like more of a controlled bounce with WD than with other bottoms.

MF-H was used so that the bounces would not be super high but the combo would bounce just at the right height. Also, it was used so that in a case where there was a rough collision somehow, it would be able to stay in. Earth is like a shield so it would knock it back sometimes and MF-H prevents the KO.
killer bull M145WD??? god bluezee your awesome...time to find my killer wheel and capri
so WD does stabilize M145 could you test the pegasis wheel on this???
those huge points atop the wheel might be of some use

also while facing conventional 145 height stamina customs does this jump on top of them and crush them
if so lovely time to break some bullCWs
How does that combo do against other combos? Otherwise I think I'll stick with conventional 145 Height Stamina customizations.
I also had this idea but I was replyed

'It might work. But the bounce affect is so unpredictable that it wouldn't work competitively'
(Jan. 29, 2011  6:07 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: How does that combo do against other combos? Otherwise I think I'll stick with conventional 145 Height Stamina customizations.

If you're good at reading/deception at tournaments you don't need to do this, though. When I played I could pretty much always predict or force the opponent to use what I wanted them to use.
^Force them to use it? Did you blackmail them? XD
Brad, teach me.
Why not try Earth M145 on Earth 230, just for the sake of giving M145 a better chance against other customs if it ever does come up. I think OP should take down Q and put up WD, since it can propel itself better, amirite?
Starting off at the beginning, what Mold is the q bottom that was used?
And like mcfrown said, preferably, I would rather use something at 145 stamina, or even ch120 Stamina or attack.
I <3 ch120 ahah
bandwagon.
Read what Brad said, maybe it will help..?
Also, I'm pretty sure not many people would ship from japan a storm cap... Speechless
IIRC, its M145 is defectional..
Lol Joyful_2

I know what brad said, but coming from a guy that hasn't been to a tournament before(me, not brad), I'd rather not rely on something I don't know if I can do. For me it would just come down to luck.

Wha? Hasbro storm capricorn. Unless it is mold 1 of Q

Who's m145 is dysfunctional? My hasbro m145 isn't.
(Jan. 29, 2011  6:28 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: ^Force them to use it? Did you blackmail them? XD

I don't think deception techniques are talked about enough here. If you can lead the opponent to believe you're using something you're not, the match is pretty much yours.
(Jan. 29, 2011  6:06 PM)abhicherath Wrote: killer bull M145WD??? god bluezee your awesome...time to find my killer wheel and capri
so WD does stabilize M145 could you test the pegasis wheel on this???
those huge points atop the wheel might be of some use

also while facing conventional 145 height stamina customs does this jump on top of them and crush them
if so lovely time to break some bullCWs

LOL thanks. By the way, what Brad has said is right. Deception works quite well. Unfortunately for me, I can't seem to lie when it comes playing against rivals and choosing my combos since they know my play style but even then, I do well enough to not need deception. It is quite fun to try though.
(Jan. 29, 2011  6:07 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: How does that combo do against other combos? Otherwise I think I'll stick with conventional 145 Height Stamina customizations.

I will look into that. What combos do you want me to test against it?