The ongoing debate: Defensive tracks -- is C145 still top tier?

Poll: Is C145 still top tier?

Yes, it is.
65.63%
No, it is not.
34.38%
Total: 100% 224 vote(s)
Storm is top tier.
Does it deserve it? No.

If nothings position is ever challenged the game stagnates.

It's also sort of hard to keep making tons of well articulated posts when I'm being attacked on all fronts in three carping threads at once :V

EDIT: I'm just really sick of close minded simpletons raging at me because I don't agree with the top tier combo list, especially since it's quite obviously in dire need of an update.
You are taking this a little too personal Frownie, I wasn't trying to be mean but more so saying how I feel. No offense to you personally though.
I'm really not taking it personally, it's just quite hard to defend all of my various positions at once.
I might just lend you a hand there. I too feel like it's you against the world. I'll try and research your standpoint of things to help people better understand your point of view from a fresh standpoint.
I'll do whatever storm tests you want as well, frown.

Give me the situations and I'll post the results. I should have whatever parts necessary.

I still get pretty good results with Storm, but I'd be glad to do whatever testing you want to help make a determination on Storm.
Vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB

Compare win results with any of the following:
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF
MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS
MF Pegasis 145RF
MF Leone 145RF
Leone 100RF, apparently
(trying to think of any others)
Shouldn't you test against MF Lightning L drago CH120RF and Quetz 90RF since they're top tier? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should exclude them.
...If I'm trying to change the MFB metagame then yes I should :V
Why would I test it against something it's been partnered with since 2009?
huh? Not really getting your meaning.
He means that, Storm is top tier because it's been compared to the current top tier combos already. Since he wants to prove that Storm isn't top tier COMPARED TO what he believes should be top tier. So it's like a double wammy, he proves that storm isn't top tier while proving that the other combos on his list are. Get it now?
Yeah I got it. Also you can't use that video as proof that Quetz 90RF isn't good cause it just doesn't do well on the 90 track against that kind of combo. I tried Quetz 90RF against MF flame cancer 145S and it didn't do well but Quetz 125RF did much better.
(Aug. 23, 2010  5:15 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Yeah I got it. Also you can't use that video as proof that Quetz 90RF isn't good cause it just doesn't do well on the 90 track against that kind of combo.

If it was good, surely it'd have done better :\
(Aug. 23, 2010  5:29 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2010  5:15 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Yeah I got it. Also you can't use that video as proof that Quetz 90RF isn't good cause it just doesn't do well on the 90 track against that kind of combo.

If it was good, surely it'd have done better :\

Quetz struggles against 145 track this has already been proven, because it hits the plastic causing less recoil. Quetz 90RF is still top tier.
unless you play someone who uses 145. Speechless I hope MF Quetz CH120CS fairs well against that combo.
The fact of the matter that quetz 90RF is still one of the best attack blades.
But we don't know that.. That's what Mc Frown is trying to put across. He believes, (and has good reason to believe) that the combos that he proposed are much better than the top tier attack combos on the list currently.
Why are we discussing better Attack combinations in this topic.
Popular demand? Now that I look at it, this thread did get derailed pretty bad.
Well, all these threads sort of started as "Let's disagree with Mc Frown" threads, so I guess people just started mashing them together :V
wait heres an idea to do this once we find the best ( more better atk combos) and see their results we test it against dif def beys one with C145 one with. .. . I'm still not sure what other part since i still use c145 but you guys can test something and ill be happy to watch the results Smile
I don't get what your trying to say. If we test the attack combos it will be against top tier defense anyhow.
no i mean test them against c145 and another spin track and see if that atk bey gets a lower or higher win rate
But the defense metagame has already been decided, all other tracks have already been tested. No new tracks have come out yet that could be game changing.
well my mind is set for hasbro C145 is my fav (sry yes i kno a little slow)