The Veteran Blues

Many people know about Hasbro's age limit for past tournaments. I'm *guessing* it's going to stay like that. Obviously, that's not going to stop me when it comes time to compete so I'm going to write a fictious story about how I plan to evade that. I won't take "character requests" because I'm going to use actual people from my tournaments to make it more realistic. By the way, I suck as a Beyblader.

Never leave men to pin up your hair. They have no idea how much knots hurt. Sure, I could have helped and made life easier if I would ever stop mourning the loss of my make up. I felt so bare without it. I felt like a different person - like a Danny instead of a Danielle.

"Ouch! I have skin attached to that, you know" I shielded my head with my tiny arms and pouted at my friend.
"You think you can do better?" He retorted. Although I might be able to, I withheld any comments. I like feeling like the center of attention.

Chris stuck the last bobby pin in my hair and proceeded to put a wig on my head. I squinted my eyes at my new "do" and wondered what I had gotten myself into. I really was a Danny. My hips were hidden by my new "skater" attire and I was bound down tight. Surely my breathing will adjust to the pressure on my chest sooner or later.

"Okay, now just lower your voice a bit so they think you're just hitting puberty," he said. I kicked him in his shin to silence him.

"I think this might actually work," Bluezee finally spoke up. "You kind of do look like you're a 13 year old boy."

"Thanks, I guess," I shrugged. "Someone has to represent us."

The plan was to attend the big New York City tournament over the weekend. Although Beyblade was intended for a younger audience, many older kids still enjoy playing. We all reminiscence about the World Championships from years ago and miss the opportunity for recognition. Being the only female in the group, I was selected to go under cover as a young boy who barely meets the age requirements. I still have the height and face for it; I just needed the clothes and shorter hair.

"I'm just thankful my father is already immune to weird acts such as this. He actually calls me 'Dani' so they will just assume it's a boy's name, not a girl's nickname."

I smiled a little. I remembered how he stood up for me years ago when a boy sabotaged my Beyblade before a match and I walked away crying. He told the event organizers and they put me back in. It seems fitting that we should go together again.

"Remember, I'm bringing Gabe so I'll be there, too," said Chris. "but don't expect him to lose to you again. He's got a new combo and we've been working on his launch."

"Bring it! I won't let an 'eight year old' crush me." Although Gabe was 6, we also had to say he was eight to get to the age minimum.

I looked myself over in the full length mirror once more. My new black bangs covered my eyes to hide any other feminine features and my neck felt baron without my natural long locks. My acne fit right in now with my fictitious age. I fretted over my missing earrings, fearing that the holes will eventually close up. My medal from the East Coast Championships eight years ago was tucked underneath my hoodie. I pulled it out to look at it once more. It's a shame I'll have to hide this until the end. This time, I'll show them that age doesn't make a blader - it's their fighting spirit.
Wow! Certainly better than most of the other stories out there, Nice work!
Thanks. I basically wanted to give other "writers" an idea of quality along with some sort of originality.
Wow,i really admire your english.This is the best story in this forum,BTW great work!
very good,deikalio,very good indeed!
Great Work!

ALOT BETTER than most other stories that have loads of grammer mistakes
and put their story into ONE BIG PARAGRAPH, that bugs me it's an eyesore.

Also different and original Stupid

Good Job.
(Mar. 29, 2011  5:47 PM)Otsu Wrote: Theme song - eye of the tiger.
Theme song - lady look like a dude

lol
(Mar. 29, 2011  6:07 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2011  5:47 PM)Otsu Wrote: Theme song - eye of the tiger.
Theme song - lady look like a dude

lol

Are you talking about the rock-n-roll song?If so it's Dude Look Like a Lady.

I like this story it really good.
That's the joke, I'm a lady who looks like a dude... I twisted the title.
I thought the theme song was:

"Jay and Jane"

hehehe
(Apr. 01, 2011  3:18 AM)ikmv Wrote: I thought the theme song was:

"Jay and Jane"

hehehe
Does this not sound like something the three of us would do?
Heh off course! I think this is the plan for the upcoming Hasbro tourneys this Summer?
Something like that.