The True Power of H145! MF Lightning L-Drago H145R2F

I've been trying out different tracks to counter both 145 and 230 RSF based defense types, and I think I have found it in a high recoil attacker.

NOTE; I typically use MF-Heavy for this combo, but I don't have two so I used MF for testing.

TT Attack Stadium
Beylauncher + 3 Segment Grip for Right Spin
Light Launcher L + Takara Tomy Winder for Left Spin
Defense type always shot first

MF Lightning L-Drago H145R2F vs MF Earth Bull GB145RSF (Click to View)
MF Lightning L-Drago H145R2F vs MF Earth Bull 230RSF (Click to View)
I was actually testing out that h145 on ldrago the other day. I thought the results were good. Easily handled loww 100 track defense bets and took care of 145. Don't know about 230 since I don't have it.

The downside is if it doesn't ko quickly, the horns hit the floor fast. Preventing ldrago from stealing a little more spin to force a draw
Interesting thread man. I'll try this out when i'm home.
This is something that has been ignored for while. Look at the Italian Metagame, they use H145 for all aattack combos. This could be major.
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:12 PM)Otsu Wrote: The downside is if it doesn't ko quickly, the horns hit the floor fast. Preventing ldrago from stealing a little more spin to force a draw

This must be from your launch. I never have problems with an RF/R2F based H145 combo scraping the floor.

If anyone has any requests please feel free to post them.

(Feb. 10, 2011  8:32 PM)Plasma Apples Wrote: This is something that has been ignored for while. Look at the Italian Metagame, they use H145 for all aattack combos. This could be major.

I believe the combo is MF Rock Leone H145RF. Lightning L-Drago destroys that combo, because of left spin's advantage over rubber defense bottoms and Lightning's powerful smash.
Have you got a Libra wheel, RS or R145? If so could you do some testing with combos using them please?
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:35 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Have you got a Libra wheel, RS or R145? If so could you do some testing with combos using them please?

I have Libra Mold 2. I believe the results will be very similar to Earth, if my Libra testing thread is an example to go by. I will test it later tonight.
Evan its the Pre-HWS Leone not Rock Leone
MF Leone H145RF...
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:32 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:12 PM)Otsu Wrote: The downside is if it doesn't ko quickly, the horns hit the floor fast. Preventing ldrago from stealing a little more spin to force a draw

This must be from your launch. I never have problems with an RF/R2F based H145 combo scraping the floor.
Obviously im talking about when drago starts to wobble towards the end. Not at the stat of the launch.
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:36 PM)ShadowZoroark Wrote: Evan its the Pre-HWS Leone not Rock Leone
MF Leone H145RF...

Gotcha. Guess I got them mixed up haha

(Feb. 10, 2011  8:45 PM)Otsu Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:32 PM)Evan Wrote:

Obviously im talking about when drago starts to wobble towards the end. Not at the stat of the launch.

I thought you were talking about while it was still moving around, I'm sorry.
H145 is outclassed in the italian metagame.
MF Leone H145 RF(RF in a bit used condition) is a combo that is used from people who can t really controll RF.
That combo is quite old and outclassed
doesnt the h145 not hit 230?
anyways, try r145 or wd145 bro
(Feb. 11, 2011  12:18 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: doesnt the h145 not hit 230?
anyways, try r145 or wd145 bro

I don't have either track. My 145 height tracks are GB145, C145, H145, and 145. I can test any of those.
i always new there was somthing about this track in hasbro stuff cause im a hasbro blader when i first started mad flame bull h145 f and usually could smash op very good in begining then iut soinning not good for attack combo for me though ignore that last partnit was hasbro after alll hasbro stadium in hasbro did not feel well for lighting l drago h145 rf MF
Something that could become a great! I'll test it myself. I hope it makes a good smash attack.
(Feb. 11, 2011  12:36 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Something that could become a great! I'll test it myself. I hope it makes a good smash attack.

It isn't exponentially greater than Lightning on 85-100, but there is a slight difference. The power of this combo is it's ability to take down both GB145 and 230 based defense combos.

But McFrown might have a point that any gimmick-ed 145 track would work for this purpose too, we just need more testing.
For some reason I though mf lightning l drago h145 rf was a known combo?

But like mc smile said, use r145.

And I would kinda still want to use ch120. For several reasons:
It does better against [x]145 defense at 120 height.
I've heard that 145 height left spin attack does best against 230.

Edit: mc frown didn't mean that any gimmicked 145 height would be better for this, but r145 and wd145 are best suited for lightning.
I think we should still look into H145 as a viable option to counter both. From my test of MF-H Libra GB145RSF vs MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF it scored the same as the above, tho Libra and Earth are different.
Yep, it's still a good option Smile, I was just saying that personally, my opinion was based on what has more advantages and is more reliable.

How does this combo do against low track defence combos?
(Feb. 11, 2011  1:09 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Yep, it's still a good option Smile, I was just saying that personally, my opinion was based on what has more advantages and is more reliable.

How does this combo do against low track defence combos?

I honestly never use low track defense, but I'll try it out if you give me a combo. MF Earth Bull 85/90/100/105RSF?
Yep, or any other top tier defense bottom you have.
R145 is great, but seeing it in a way I think H145 would commit a way better smash attack. I did some testings against and GB145 combo, (Results comin' soon), and that H145 did great. Earth Bull was losing balance so much, incredible. Though the thing was I was using a Clear transparent F tip and the weight Of the Susanow and, MF, and H145 but blue marks all over my F. Hah!
Not putting this down at all, but hasn't this been tested before? I recognize the combo from somewhere.. (Though I think it was MF Lightning LDrago H145RF, instead of R2F..)
Good stuff, when I get my parts, I am so testing this..
(Feb. 12, 2011  3:07 AM)Dan Wrote: Not putting this down at all, but hasn't this been tested before? I recognize the combo from somewhere.. (Though I think it was MF Lightning LDrago H145RF, instead of R2F..)

You're right. This has been tested ages ago. I don't even know why this is here TBH. Anyone who is smart enough would know that Lightning works amazingly well on any track. But as you stated, nice results. Just already known.
(Feb. 12, 2011  6:02 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2011  3:07 AM)Dan Wrote: Not putting this down at all, but hasn't this been tested before? I recognize the combo from somewhere.. (Though I think it was MF Lightning LDrago H145RF, instead of R2F..)

You're right. This has been tested ages ago. I don't even know why this is here TBH. Anyone who is smart enough would know that Lightning works amazingly well on any track. But as you stated, nice results. Just already known.

Ages ago. Exactly. Long before RSF or 230 were out. It needs new tests to show it is a viable option to counter both GB145RSF and 230RSF.

I really hate when people call me stupid in my own topics, especially when there is no reason for it. If you'd actually read my posts and other topics I do in fact know that Lightning is currently the most powerful attack wheel (yes it's better than Vulcan because it is left spin. Gravity may be just as useful).

Also keep in mind the combo is supposed to be MF-H Lightning L-Drago H145R2F, but I kept MF on for testing reasons.