The True Meaning Of Life

Heyo! In class, we were asked to think of a philosophy, and somehow that made me think of a (somewhat) debated topic; The True Meaning of Life. So I though, "Let's ask the posters!" Well, turns out that they can't talk, so I came to the Forum. What do you guys think that true meaning of life is? Mine is in the sig below!

Edit: Note-Please try to avoid religious beliefs in your definition, if possible. Everybody's religious beliefs are their own to hold. Thank you.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:31 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Heyo! In class, we were asked to think of a philosophy, and somehow that made me think of a (somewhat) debated topic; The True Meaning of Life. So I though, "Let's ask the posters!" Well, turns out that they can't talk, so I came to the Forum. What do you guys think that true meaning of life is? Mine is in the sig below!

Well think if we started building on to this there would be less friends on the WBO then before because of view points.(religious reasons that would put us up against each other <off topic)
I don't mean religious reasons, like to be a child of God or something like that I mean something along the lines of "To lie about the cake". Something silly, but still a way that you would live life!
The true meaning of life is defined as the definition derived from ones own thoughts. Thus, the true meaning of life can be true to a single entity or can be true to multiple entities but not to all entities, meaning the true meaning of life is an opinion and is true if you believe it to be.
Keeping that in mind, I think the true meaning of life is to take on whatever comes at you, whether it be positively or negatively, it's upto you, but keep going till you feel you can't anymore or when your life ends, you don't neccesarily have to be happy and alive or sad and alive, but you must be able to deal with whatever life throws at you, that's the meaning of life, to complete it's challenges in any manner you deem correct. But that's my true meaning of life, it might not be yours.

Lolz well that's all tha philosophy for today!
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:37 AM)Ikki Wrote: The true meaning of life is defined as the definition derived from ones own thoughts. Thus, the true meaning of life can be true to a single entity or can be true to multiple entities but not to all entities, meaning the true meaning of life is an opinion and is true if you believe it to be.
Keeping that in mind, I think the true meaning of life is to take on whatever comes at you, whether it be positively or negatively, it's upto you, but keep to keep going till you feel you can't anymore or when your life ends, you don't neccesarily have to be happy and alive or sad and alive, but you must be able to deal with whatever life throws at you, that's the meaning of life, to complete it's challenges in any manner you deem correct. But that's my true meaning of life, it might not be yours.

wow dude that's intensely somthing. <not sure if it's off topic or not.
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:39 AM)Jacksonian Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:37 AM)Ikki Wrote: The true meaning of life is defined as the definition derived from ones own thoughts. Thus, the true meaning of life can be true to a single entity or can be true to multiple entities but not to all entities, meaning the true meaning of life is an opinion and is true if you believe it to be.
Keeping that in mind, I think the true meaning of life is to take on whatever comes at you, whether it be positively or negatively, it's upto you, but keep to keep going till you feel you can't anymore or when your life ends, you don't neccesarily have to be happy and alive or sad and alive, but you must be able to deal with whatever life throws at you, that's the meaning of life, to complete it's challenges in any manner you deem correct. But that's my true meaning of life, it might not be yours.

wow dude that's intensely somthing. <not sure if it's off topic or not.

I know lol... I was in that mood you sometimes get lol... But I'm done for phiosophy today hehe Smile
It wasn't off topic; In fact, that's right on target! A very deep philosophy, indeed!
(Oct. 15, 2010  2:56 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: It wasn't off topic; In fact, that's right on target! A very deep philosophy, indeed!

no i mean when i write somthing of topic as so not to get percent warning.(<off topic)
Commenting shouldn't get you a warning. But being cautionary doesn't hurt! And I really can't wait to see more people's philosophies; they should be really creative, considering the people on the site Smile
The true meaning of life? 42.
the tru meaning of life is discussed in the book, the Alchemist by Cohelo. first name unknown. But i think it is to live one's life, to their own extent. Their thoughts will decide it for them. The universe around them will bend to their will to allow them to achieve what they want, or what they don't want if their thoughts are not active enough. This topic brings me to the thought of infinity. is it possible for something to not end?
(Oct. 15, 2010  9:21 PM)lightninglibraX Wrote: the tru meaning of life is discussed in the book, the Alchemist by Cohelo. first name unknown. But i think it is to live one's life, to their own extent. Their thoughts will decide it for them. The universe around them will bend to their will to allow them to achieve what they want, or what they don't want if their thoughts are not active enough. This topic brings me to the thought of infinity. is it possible for something to not end?

everything... on this earth...comes...to an end. Whether some choose to belive so or not
(Oct. 15, 2010  9:21 PM)lightninglibraX Wrote: the tru meaning of life is discussed in the book, the Alchemist by Cohelo. first name unknown. But i think it is to live one's life, to their own extent. Their thoughts will decide it for them. The universe around them will bend to their will to allow them to achieve what they want, or what they don't want if their thoughts are not active enough. This topic brings me to the thought of infinity. is it possible for something to not end?

It has to be possible, if things did end then what if the universe stopped infinetly growing? What would happen to everything, it would be The End, but infinity is here to prevent it for however long it is possible. Back on topic though, that's a really good definition for the meaning of life Smile but what would happen if we ever achieved that goal? It would be a catastrophe, still the meaning of life is an opinion and that's your opinion.
(Oct. 15, 2010  10:04 PM)Ikki Wrote:

It has to be possible, if things did end then what if the universe stopped infinetly growing? What would happen to everything, it would be The End, but infinity is here to prevent it for however long it is possible. Back on topic though, that's a really good definition for the meaning of life Smile but what would happen if we ever achieved that goal? It would be a catastrophe, still the meaning of life is an opinion and that's your opinion.

Oh totally dude but that's the thing the ways and things in this world will end but...if i finish this sentence all of heck would break out in these forums. <slightly off topic
(Oct. 15, 2010  10:04 PM)Ikki Wrote:

i do believe in infinity, but its a questioned asked in the book. and if someone's goal was reached,(also discussed in the book) then they would either die because of the subconcious feeling of achivement, or have their mind stay in a limbo related state because they don't know what to do. The third and most rare occurance, was that they'd be able to read the many omens of the world and become in sync with the surroundings. But the most realistic thing that can happen, is in my own words. This is that their goal would just change. That instead of being content with their current situation, they would want more. Or they would reach enlightenment (read Siddartha about Hindu beliefs.)
IMO the true meaning of life is to make a positive impact in the lifes of others. Just my 2 cents on the subject
(Oct. 16, 2010  5:06 AM)Dirge Wrote: IMO the true meaning of life is to make a positive impact in the lifes of others. Just my 2 cents on the subject

I agree somewhat with this but what kind of positive influence i am not allowed to discuss. <not sure if this is off topic or not
(Oct. 16, 2010  7:45 AM)Jacksonian Wrote: I agree somewhat with this but what kind of positive influence i am not allowed to discuss. <not sure if this is off topic or not

ahh you dont need religon to make a possitive impact if thats what your meaning by not aloud to discuss. I ment more in a way like show people how they should treat each other by treating them that way. It can make a huge diffrence with some people hah
i think the true meaning of life is that time when you get knocked down but u still get up fighting, and in the end u will achieve ur goal. the feeling of satisfaction is unique and i think it is even better with friends backing u up the whole way. however if u take a shortcut u don't feel anything at all. it's about knowing that you did something right to achieve your goal and that even though it might have taken more time 2 just take a shortcut than 2 wait for it u feel better if u waited for the prize.

eg. I want to go to a movie but my parents don't think i'm respoinsible enough to go to it with only my friends, but if i waited for it and proved i was responsible they will let me go, however if i lied to them and said i was going to a friends birthday party and then went to the movies, they would soon find out and u would be banned from going to another moive like it or u would be grounded.
And now to go get a pancake! LOL! no seriously it's......pancake time! Joyful_3
The true meaning of life?

Well in my opinion, the true meaning of life is living life to the full and making something out of nothing. Making the most of what you have. But as reality has told us the TRUE meaning of life is "whatever you want it to be." It's your life, you live how you want to.
^I didn't read the first post so I deleted my religious opinion on the matter.
It might offend some people.
(Oct. 16, 2010  10:24 AM)Nwolf Wrote: i think the true meaning of life is that time when you get knocked down but u still get up fighting, and in the end u will achieve ur goal. the feeling of satisfaction is unique and i think it is even better with friends backing u up the whole way. however if u take a shortcut u don't feel anything at all. it's about knowing that you did something right to achieve your goal and that even though it might have taken more time 2 just take a shortcut than 2 wait for it u feel better if u waited for the prize.

eg. I want to go to a movie but my parents don't think i'm respoinsible enough to go to it with only my friends, but if i waited for it and proved i was responsible they will let me go, however if i lied to them and said i was going to a friends birthday party and then went to the movies, they would soon find out and u would be banned from going to another moive like it or u would be grounded.
And now to go get a pancake! LOL! no seriously it's......pancake time! Joyful_3

yeah I agree with that Smile
and Zephyr's edited opinion too, we make the meaning for ourselves it's different for everyone or may be common in some people
and about what lightning libra said, yeah that's what I believe to, that if we did achieve our goals, we would simply find a new goal, but I don't think it applies to everyone, I believe also that some people will be content with their achievement and will just live on their life content, until their death or perhaps after they achieved their goal they may simply end life, if you ever read The Scarlet Letter, the protaganist's meaning in life I'd revenge, and once the person of whom he planned revenge on dies, he simply dies as well finding no other meaning.
But it can always be different from person to person, my opinion is it's silly to ask the question 'What is the meaning of life?' If one were expecting a general answer, because there isn't one, there are an infinite amount of answers, all correct depending on the person.
I think the meaning of life it for our waste and dead bodies to be used toward making soil for plants. They live longer than us, and we are buried in the ground... coincidence?
(Oct. 16, 2010  1:15 PM)Ikki Wrote: my opinion is it's silly to ask the question 'What is the meaning of life?' If one were expecting a general answer, because there isn't one, there are an infinite amount of answers, all correct depending on the person.

I put what you (the people) THINK that the true meaning of life is. The point IS to see which one is correct to each person, not one general meaning. The infinite possibilities make it an interesting topic to read and discuss!
the true meaning of life is to lie about the cake!

PS: THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!