The True Meaning Of Life

(Oct. 16, 2010  10:23 PM)galaxy epic Wrote: the true meaning of life is to lie about the cake!

PS: THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

*rolls eyes*

Anyways, the real meaning of life is that there is no meaning, whatever that means.
(Oct. 16, 2010  10:33 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2010  10:23 PM)galaxy epic Wrote: the true meaning of life is to lie about the cake!

*rolls eyes*

Anyways, the real meaning of life is that there is no meaning, whatever that means.
even if that was a joke, i kinda agree.
(Oct. 16, 2010  11:02 PM)lightninglibraX Wrote:

*rolls eyes*

WE ARE PLANT FOOD lol.
(Oct. 17, 2010  12:53 AM)ш Wrote:

*rolls eyes*

WE ARE PLANT FOOD lol.

everything sorta made sense up till here.. But I guess that's what happens when we try and figure out the meaning of life. We turn into plant food.
E
(Oct. 17, 2010  1:00 AM)Ikki Wrote:

*rolls eyes*

WE ARE PLANT FOOD lol.

everything sorta made sense up till here.. But I guess that's what happens when we try and figure out the meaning of life. We turn into plant food.
E

Maybe the true meaning of life is to find the true meaning of life! Ever think of that? Wut!?

And I pretty much called the cake thing in one of my first posts. I honestly though that it would be the first post, though!
maybe the meaning of life is to somehow benefit other life forms? are we small tools, in a large shed? just the nuts and bolts, and washers, of the shed? or are we the big ones, like the say,hammer, or ratchet? but even the small things have a purpose. (strange analogy huh?)
Life and the hardships that come with it burden us for as long as we exist, and eventually we die. And life continues on. People live life in an attempt to be remembered, in an attempt to create a legacy for themselves. But in the end, it's all pointless.
(Oct. 17, 2010  7:23 AM)Elmo Wrote: Life and the hardships that come with it burden us for as long as we exist, and eventually we die. And life continues on. People live life in an attempt to be remembered, in an attempt to create a legacy for themselves. But in the end, it's all pointless.

Agree completely with this, reminded me of this quote that i quite like "The meaning to our existence...is to live. To remember those who have died and face the world" which in reality is true. But i belive strongly in leading a life which will be a positive to others around you, and just do good for others and not wanting or expecting anything in return for you kindness or helpfulness within life.
(Oct. 17, 2010  1:53 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2010  1:00 AM)Ikki Wrote:

*rolls eyes*

WE ARE PLANT FOOD lol.

E

Maybe the true meaning of life is to find the true meaning of life! Ever think of that? Wut!?

And I pretty much called the cake thing in one of my first posts. I honestly though that it would be the first post, though!

Thats to complex >.>. And f we did its not like that wouldn't stop us from dying so there would be no point.
Life doesn't have to have a meaning, life evolves so life shall not serve meaning, religion is just hope because some people hate the thought of hell.
IF you think life has no meaning, why not just kill yourself? I can't define the meaning of life without my religious views, because that is the true meaning of life for me.
there's a difference between the meaning of life, and simply enjoying it.

One can live simply for the fact that it's enjoyable, and not have a lofty goal to justify it.
(Oct. 23, 2010  9:31 AM)momiji manju Wrote: there's a difference between the meaning of life, and simply enjoying it.

One can live simply for the fact that it's enjoyable, and not have a lofty goal to justify it.

That would be the meaning of life for that person then. To state life has NO meaning is completely different. If life has no meaning there truly is no point to life, therefore, if you believe that you might as well kill yourself.
That's saying your life serves a goal though.

"My life meaning is to spread happiness through the people I know"

"My life meaning is to be happy"

etc

That's a goal.

That in itself does not mean one cannot enjoy it with no purpose, as you can find happiness in whatever you do, yet it does not have to be your life's meaning.

To be put in the most literal sense, your life's meaning is to survive and procreate, the furtherance of the species.

However one finds enjoyment in their beliefs (i.e religion), passions and friends.

Though I'm not too firm on beliefs, both others can be found simply for enjoyment, with no other goal other than happiness.

That's not exactly a "meaning of life" per se, to be happy.

Enjoyment and celebration of life is seperate to it's meaning, in my opinion.

Hope that wasn't too much of a garbled mess of mind vomit hah.
Just live life your own way.
Don't follow in the shadow of others if you're going to regret it and don't be ashamed of what/who you truly are.
You don't need a purpose to live, just do whatever you think is right. ^^
the true meaning of life? isnt it obvious? to spin spinning tops!
The true meaning of life it to live knowing the existance you have is very short yet full of time.
The true meaning of life is to find your best answer to it.

(It's kind vague, but the thought just popped out of my mind...)
Two answers:
1: 42
2: 88 MPH

I couldn't help myself. What I actually think is that the meaning is what you believe it is.
(I did some research upon reading Wraith's reply...)

1. The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is 42.
Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is...

2. 88 mph is the speed which is required to travel through time. (142 kph)
The true meaning of life is to... do something.
the true meaning of life is well living
everybody knows it's 42! gawd... dunno bout 88mph but i think everybody should read some hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...
i wouldn't do that man! i got a warning even though i said no offence...
True meaning of life for me is to believe what I think is true, to think anyway I want, follow my own reason and opinions...And there may be more but I don't remember right now