The Third GFX Contest: Clash of the Teams![(updates will come!) (No signing up YET!)]

What's this?! another GFX tournament??!

OK, OK, It's STILL not YET official. HOWEVER, it will Happen. I just Need tips on this thing and I'm off to open this contest!

So, Clash of the Teams Is a Special GFX tournament that will be held here. It requires GFX teams(an Idea of Aura) and in each teams, there will be 3 contestants who will help in the battle. Here Are the Rules(to be updated):

HELP ME OUT SO THIS WILL BE A SUCESS!!!
-DeX, Leader of the RDX team
k here's a tip: if entries r not send in two days the opponent team will win the round.
hmm, a bit too harsh, No? I think a point deduction is OK
A signature must be made together? You realise that people have completely different styles and some are on opposite sides of the world. It would be quite hard to work lke that, no?

Why do we have to send you the whole PSD? Can't we just show you a print screen of all the layers and the main canvas view?

With these kinds of rules, I wouldn't want to join.

Also, seeing how you being grounded caused you to delay the other tournament quite significantly, I think it's a bad idea for you to run another considering your age and that you could possibly get grounded again.
don't worry, I will try to "get as fast as I can" to Catch up.

Hmm, Will be Changed. Might considering the old one cause its A lot better Speechless

(PS: I said "You might", so you can send a PSD file or not, but it will still be changed)
Medz : He probably mean't a collab.

And isn't 500 x 150 too small ? I mean , c'mon guys lets increase the size.
I think you guys should probably take a break with these GFX tourneys for some time. The 1st tourney was succeeded by the 2nd one pretty quickly, and see how it has failed.
It isnt announced yet when, probably in novemeber or so.
let guys like othelog, fyuuor, or medz run the tournaments. they know their stuff, i suggest using the 1st team battle format i proposed, three tags based on the same team, vote for three, winner is the team that gets 10 votes in total first
That's why this tournament is in the "preperation" stage...

eh? hmmm, maybe if 3 sigs for each team... maybe that will work out well

Wow, only photoshop tags are allowed.
You should allow all forms of art, art should never be small minded.
Can't you allow more than signatures?
I say you pare each member with an opponent from another team. On the round you will do

(Name Here) vs (Name Here)
for all 3 members for each thread.

You will compare each one member's entry to their opponent.
Collab, not so good. What you should do is three separate entries per team. Randomly shuffle the entries, so its E1-E6 and each person votes for two entries. This better as it still shows how good or bad your team is and its loads easier, more competitive and has a larger variety/interpetrations.
I know lots of people have similar ideas, but this one has a little bit of my spin to it.
(Oct. 29, 2011  12:11 AM)Gripsocks Wrote: Wow, only photoshop tags are allowed.

did I say, "Any photo-manipulating programs"?

hmm, what do you think of taj's Idea? i really like it
(Oct. 29, 2011  2:03 PM)DeX Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2011  12:11 AM)Gripsocks Wrote: Wow, only photoshop tags are allowed.

did I say, "Any photo-manipulating programs"?

hmm, what do you think of taj's Idea? i really like it

Adobe Illustrator is not a "photo-manipulating program".
anything that manupilates photo is considered as, like paint
I think you haven't answered my question yet ...
I agree with Taj, collabs don't sound like a very good idea. Everybody has their own opinion, and thus should be expressed freely and fully. Team review would be good, but collab sigs would come out rather odd.
well, Your a bit right, let me think about it.

AND WM, I'll think about it. maybe increasing it to 500x200?
That's fine but 450 or 400 can also be good.
I Think The Rules Should Be Changed A Bit Like How Are We Suppose To Agree On One Sig Like I Live In Chicago Someone On My Team Might Live In Asa Or Rusia
(Oct. 31, 2011  1:01 AM)Fathom Wrote: I Think The Rules Should Be Changed A Bit Like How Are We Suppose To Agree On One Sig Like I Live In Chicago Someone On My Team Might Live In Asa Or Rusia

Then you have to do a collab , give your team partner the .psd file and he'll do it , doeesn't matter if he stays somewhere else. But remember not to merge the layers of that psd or else he can't do it.

Sorry if you don't understand , English is not my first language.

500x200 is WAY too big.500x150 is suitable.Also,DeX,I don't agree with team collab.Although I'm on your team,team collab is quite hard for me,as you,Sparta and me have different styles.Sorry for Necro
people from GFXForums and me find 500x150 to be small some of them even use 500x250 i think it should be 400x200/500x200 because when the height of the canvas is like "150" there wont be much of the render seen and 500x150 has too much space left in it because the width is too long so when you make a canvas with the size of 500x150 you should need a lot of effects to cover the whoole canvas and team collab shows teamwork in the members of the team so as the trust in them