The Rumble Pak Podcast -- Episode Three Now Live!

IM SORRY MOM MADE ME GO SOMEWHERE FOR THE WEEKEND AND I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO TELL YOU GUYS

you guys should have just waited till tuesday like you originally were going to do

Unhappy
Its cool.

I figured something unexpected must have happened since you had already sent me all the news links and stuff.

No worries, I'm not upset. Artie, however... lol
Sooo much better guys, it sounds ace so far! I'm listening to it right now. Smile

But Goddamnit Artie, get a better microphone, JEEZ
Artie Wrote:wtf ryan and i are using the same one!

Oh. Hahaha. I don't know why, but you sounded more fuzzy.

But yeah, I listened to it all and it was definately more organised guys, great job. Bring on the next one! Grin
Alice Wrote:
Artie Wrote:wtf ryan and i are using the same one!

Oh. Hahaha. I don't know why, but you sounded more fuzzy.

But yeah, I listened to it all and it was definately more organised guys, great job. Bring on the next one! Grin

Its probably because I'm the host on Skype when we do this, so naturally its recording my voice directly while its recording Artie and Sam as their voice comes to my computer over the internet.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I was worried that people would like this episode even less than the last one. lol
Ahh, that makes sense. Smile

Have you guys thought about doing themed podcasts in the future at all? I think that would be fun; like a retro theme or a FPS theme or something. Smile Also, maybe a 'guest' section on the show in which you bring in someone new to talk with for 45 minutes or so.

Good luck with your next podcast! <3
Alice Wrote:Ahh, that makes sense. Smile

Have you guys thought about doing themed podcasts in the future at all? I think that would be fun; like a retro theme or a FPS theme or something. Smile Also, maybe a 'guest' section on the show in which you bring in someone new to talk with for 45 minutes or so.

Good luck with your next podcast! <3

I have flirted with ideas like these.

I think after we do the next E3 podcast we're going to drop all of the frivolous stuff (What we've been playing, new releases, etc.) and only do themed episodes like you mentioned.

I think it would be a good idea for us to just do a weekly show on one big issue. For instance, I think on our podcast two weeks from now (after the E3 wrap up this Saturday) we are going to spend the entire podcast discussing Casual vs. Hardcore gaming and the pros and cons of each.

I would also LOOOOOOOVE to have guests on the show eventually. If any of you guys would like to come on the show I'm more than open to having you. Just send me a PM and we'll exchange all the necessary info and try to figure out an episode and time for you to appear. Smile
oh i've been playing something you two will love to talk about
mom forgot to pay the internet bill

cousins and aunty came to visit so getting it working again was not a very high priority
So we're still on for tomorrow then?
oh carp no not PROBABLY

you will be there
Artie Wrote:oh carp no not PROBABLY

you will be there

lollll

I don't really care who's there as long as ONE of you shows up.
Double post I know, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up in advance.

On next week's show (July 26th) we are going to be hosting a special episode of GRT. Artie may or may not be able to join us depending on the circumstances so I'm looking for people who'd be interested in coming on as guests.

We are going to be discussing the Casual vs. Hardcore gaming markets. This is going to be a themed show so we won't be discussing anything outside of this. I have no idea how long it is going to last exactly, but I'm willing to go as long as we need to to finish the discussion.

I know Flashfox and Brad are both interested in participating for this episode, but I just wanted to throw out invitations to everyone else. You don't necessarily have to be an enthusiast gamer to participate in the chat. Actually, it might be quite nice if we could get one or two people who AREN'T very heavily into gaming to help give us a better casual perspective.

So, assuming both Brad and Flash still want to join in, we're looking at this line-up:

- Me
- Sam
- Brad
- Flash
- (Maybe) Artie

That's five people there, but I'm willing to bet Artie won't be able to make it. I'd like to keep it at a maximum of 5 people otherwise it gets a little too hectic what with people talking over each other and stuff. So, if anyone else is interested in possibly filling in if one of the above people can't make it, please say so here and I'll try and work something out with you!

Thanks!
i hope my mic doesn't suck too hard
yeah i really don't expect to be there (as much as i want to be--for once JK ry ry--) i have family obligations

dont suck it up carp
Bey Brad Wrote:i hope my mic doesn't suck too hard

What are you going to be using anyway, the built in Macbook mic?

If so, the quality on those isn't actually that bad. I've used it for recording in Garageband before to pretty great effect.

How that will translate to recorded speech I have no idea, but we'll try.
Roan Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:i hope my mic doesn't suck too hard

What are you going to be using anyway, the built in Macbook mic?

If so, the quality on those isn't actually that bad. I've used it for recording in Garageband before to pretty great effect.

How that will translate to recorded speech I have no idea, but we'll try.

yeah that's it
cant be any worse than MY first mic hahahaha
Artie Wrote:cant be any worse than MY first mic hahahaha

Yeah yours was AWFUL.
Ok soooooo

Sam can't make it again this week (I'm not mad Sam, chill).

Anyone care to join in? We won't be starting for a while, so you have a bit to decide. Just post here within the next half hour or so if you want in.

We're going to be discussing the E3 press conferences and all of the news that came out of E3.