The New Generation of Beybladers

So for the past three weeks or so I've been bringing plastic Beyblades to the after school program for the 2nd graders. The deal: after they get their homework done, they can play with Beyblades. There have been a lot more kids showing up lately, and they've been getting their homework done faster since I started bringing them. Tongue_out_wink

I noticed they had a lot of trouble with shooting. They constantly needed help with the launcher - reloading, locking, and the like - and could never seem to grasp the idea of a strong/aimed shot. Generally, most would pull out the winder so slowly that the Beyblade would just fall. A few kids finally got it, but it took far too long for them to learn.

The second place prize from Anubis's tournament was a Pegasus and a right launcher. This now gave me two launchers. With two launchers, and a few trades here and there for MFB, I now had enough to bring to the school. What a difference! They figured out how to take about the MFBs with their hands faster than I could!

These kids had absolutely no trouble using the Beylauncher. The right launcher was easier for some kids, but the Beylauncher gave them a more solid shot (it was also easier for them to reload because it just retracts). They also could figure out how to hold the launcher in a more accessible position than the old plastic launchers because of its new design.

As for the build, the metal gave them more momentum to make up for their weak shot power. The "teeth" of the launcher was also a bit more self explanatory to them as far as reloading.

To all of those who are against MFB, screw you. After seeing how easy these kids could figure it out versus plastic (which even a few eight year olds could recall!) I completely support MFB. I can see why Takara-Tomy made these changes. It's going to catch on MUCH better than it did before.

Oh, and here's something you'll all appreciate...

After a vote among 10 second grades, many of which were wearing Bakugan backpacks, they all agreed Beyblade is much cooler than Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh, and anything else on the market right now. They keep bugging me to get more.
Yeah,Which is why Im gonna mass order MFBS on Theintoy Once I get a couple more dollars.The beylauncher is easer to use since the holder is similiar to the dragon winder only No bumps so its easier to grasp,But you should tell them not to pull Hard,It'll snap like a twig
Ahah, this is realy cute. Cute
And yep, all those that are saying the old generatiion were better are missing out.
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:23 PM)BladeBee Wrote: Yeah,Which is why Im gonna mass order MFBS on Theintoy Once I get a couple more dollars.The beylauncher is easer to use since the holder is similiar to the dragon winder only No bumps so its easier to grasp,But you should tell them not to pull Hard,It'll snap like a twig
Do you even have a Beylauncher yet? Uncertain
This is so, so awesome.

Also, a big "I told you so" to everyone about the new equipment. Grin
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Do you even have a Beylauncher yet? Uncertain

No,But I used one once,,My cousin has mfbs (but for some reason still says Plastics are more enjoyable)...I want to just storm his house and take his Aquario edit:He Does not have Pisces XD
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:30 PM)BladeBee Wrote: No,But I used one once,,My cousin has mfbs (but for some reason still says Plastics are more enjoyable)...I want to just storm his house and take his Aquario and Pisces.
We're talking about 8 year olds here, not Anubis. Even I can't break the Beylauncher. The most I can do is jerk the whole launcher out of my left hand from pulling it so hard.

(Apr. 27, 2009  10:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is so, so awesome.

Also, a big "I told you so" to everyone about the new equipment. Grin
Wait until my MOJ order gets in. :p I'll be running tournaments to all the cool kids who bought their Beyblades before the American release~! Grin They bug me every single day about that shipment.
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:32 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We're talking about 8 year olds here, not Anubis. Even I can't break the Beylauncher. The most I can do is jerk the whole launcher out of my left hand from pulling it so hard.

Wait until my MOJ order gets in. :p I'll be running tournaments to all the cool kids who bought their Beyblades before the American release~! Grin They bug me every single day about that shipment.

Oh,Well if even You can break it then I see no point in getting a right launcher.Thanks you made my order cheaper XD.Also tell them If they dont ask about the shipment You will give them 50 dollars each
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:35 PM)BladeBee Wrote: Oh,Well if even You can break it then I see no point in getting a right launcher.Thanks you made my order cheaper XD.Also tell them If they dont ask about the shipment You will give them 50 dollars each
Sure, care to mail me $1000? Uncertain

I don't lie to kids.
I sort of prefer using the beylaucher myself but only with defensive and stamina type blades. It is alot easier to pull of the sliding shoot with a laucher and ripcord, thus making attack types more controlable =D. But having read the first post, I was thinking that you (Brad) were going to post something along the lines of "I told you so".
I like plastics for competitive battles, but I can really see why they did this. Not only that, after playing around with some of the MFBs, height control looks like a valuable asset. I like the way the parts are arranged on the Bey. It really gives Beyblading more of a "I built this" feel rather than "oh, I used the part from such and such"
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:42 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I like plastics for competitive battles, but I can really see why they did this. Not only that, after playing around with some of the MFBs, height control looks like a valuable asset. I like the way the parts are arranged on the Bey. It really gives Beyblading more of a "I built this" feel rather than "oh, I used the part from such and such"

It does seem more like that, i've never thought of them like that before. I think it seems like that because they're stacked, insted of fitting together to make them seem compact like in plastics.
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:42 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I like plastics for competitive battles, but I can really see why they did this. Not only that, after playing around with some of the MFBs, height control looks like a valuable asset.

I was actually talking to Evan about height countering being a big deal this gen. CH120 may actually be useful.
Haha, I had noticed this when I let my sister beyblade, but I didn't think much of it. The only ones she can launch at all are the MFB. Now she wants to buy one Cute. (she's a 2nd grader as well) MFB should catch on much faster than the original plastics.
Anyway, I'm glad it's such a success. =)
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I was actually talking to Evan about height countering being a big deal this gen. CH120 may actually be useful.
I'm not familiar with part names, although I have a combo with an Aquario wheel and the rest of the parts make it high, and it beat a Libra. Lord knows what any of those parts were. The parts on the Libra may have been the worst parts for all I know.

I really have to read up on MFB. Uncertain
This is awesome Deikailo! I hope this takes off further.

Frankly after HMS came out I found Plastic Battles to be fairly mundane.
(Apr. 27, 2009  11:49 PM)Khel Wrote: This is awesome Deikailo! I hope this takes off further.

Frankly after HMS came out I found Plastic Battles to be fairly mundane.
HMS battling in TB type S > any plastic battle

The kids keep asking "Can I have one? Can I have this one?" and I was like, "no I paid a lot of money for this. I don't have enough for everyone. You gotta wait."

One actually said they went to K mart to look for them and couldn't find them.

Mr. Stevenson is going to have a field day with all the little kids asking for Beyblades. rofl!
Haha, so how many kids you got blading so far? (10?)
(Apr. 28, 2009  2:48 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Haha, so how many kids you got blading so far? (10?)
Yes, but the 3rd and 4th graders are itching to battle, too.
Haha, awesome. Seems like that toy store will be out of blades pretty fast. Cute
Yeah, which is why I'm debating to whom to sell my MFB order: you guys or them?
A little of both? Cute
It depends on if you think they will still buy from the store after you sell them your order.
(Apr. 28, 2009  3:04 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Yeah, which is why I'm debating to whom to sell my MFB order: you guys or them?

If they are willing to buy up front, I don't see why not. It's a safer return on investment. Any leftover inventory can be brought on here. If they buy it all, then it works for you. Then if you ever choose to re-stock you could sell some here.
(Apr. 28, 2009  3:21 AM)Khel Wrote: If they are willing to buy up front, I don't see why not. It's a safer return on investment. Any leftover inventory can be brought on here. If they buy it all, then it works for you. Then if you ever choose to re-stock you could sell some here.
That's what I was thinking, too. I plan on releasing everything there as some of the cooler looking ones with the worst to offer (I.E. Bull) and then every so often throw in something like a Libra. That way, they gossip among themselves that their old Beyblades are now outdated and they need new ones.

I'll make HWS prizes for the tournaments if I ever hold them. Wink
The ONLY reason why I disagree with you guys saying MFB is better is that MFB doesnt have as much variety and many windows to customization as the plastic series or HMS for that matter. BUT!!! MFB does in turn have more originality and you can even make an originally defensive style blade into an attack type with just the swap of a bottom. I still prefer Plastic series because thats what I'm used to and I cant give up Dranzer F T__T...

Its still really cool to here about the little kids learning how to blade. Heheh