The Last Airbender (2010)

It sounds pretty bad from what everyones saying. I will still see this so I can see it for myself, I've only seen the trailers and it looks okay. I'll be seeing it this week.
I honestly thought I would never hate a movie... It actually made my 7 year old cousin cry...
The movie got a D- rating by critics, doesn't look convicing. but trailers look pleasing. That happens a lot.
=P it is probably one of those movies where all the good parts could be gleaned from the trailer.
Good parts?

Don't get me wrong, the special effects and the soundtrack were good, but there was not a single part in the movie that didn't make me cringe.
They got the names wrong,moemoe looked jacked up and appa looked like a giant,flying,6 footed beaver with horns
Thats what appa looked like in the cartoon... his face region was messed up though...
Na he didnt look like that at all except his legs and fur
My girlfriend went and saw this the other day... she told me it was a terribad movie. She said she was forced to see it in 3D as well which apparently felt tacked on.
The 3D wasn't tacked on: There wasn't any 3D.

There was more (and better) 3D in Jaws 3.

EDIT:
(Jul. 06, 2010  1:21 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, the special effects and the soundtrack were good, but there was not a single part in the movie that didn't make me cringe.

I know this just a matter of personnal tastes, but I didn't think the music was all that great Uncertain The best song plays when they show the title, which is ironically also the best part of the movie...
Well it was. The only 3d part was............none.
as a huge fan of the animated series, there is no way in hell i am spending money to watch this after what i've heard
I wish I checked out this thread before I went to watch it yesterday. Be smart brad, don't ever go see this movie. Unless its free
Finnaly saw it, and it was ok in my mind but still one of the worst movies i've seen.
P.S. I also wasted money on 3D because It was 2D that they made us where glasses to see it.
Wow, I just realized that hatred for this film is all over the place (The said place being the internet) just about everyone is hating on youtube and critics are expressing their disppointment very clearly...

With all this bad press, are they really going to make 'Book II: Earth' ?
(Jul. 06, 2010  11:39 PM)Dude Wrote: Wow, I just realized that hatred for this film is all over the place (The said place being the internet) just about everyone is hating on youtube and critics are expressing their disppointment very clearly...

Even with the negative press, the movie made more money than DBE did in it's entire worldwide run in a couple of days just in the US. Granted, it's been getting terrible word of mouth and will have drops that rival Twilight movies, so it's likely going to have to recoup the rest of the budget in international markets, where title confusion is even stronger (The Last Airbender in markets where the show was called "The Legend of Ang" for example) and the brand is weaker. At the end of the day, it all comes down to money, and how much, or how little it made.
... It was horrifying. I grabbed a friend who was a huge fan of the animated series, didn't mind one of the actors in the movie and hit it up on the Telus Tuesday night special out here. I realized I wanted to sit through Dragon Ball: Evolution again, or skip out and go see the twilight movie next door.

We would have walked out had we already agreed to sit through the movie and consider it a gauntlet more than anything. The script was horrid, the animation was reminiscent of a Hong Kong B Kung Fu B movie, and apart from Seychelle Gabriel (Princess Yue) I wanted to cringe every time someone spoke. She didn't have enough lines to make me want to beat her with a stick, and she actually looked half decent as Yue so I couldn't complain about that either :s
Oh lawdy I went and saw this movie on Sunday with one of my girlfriends. She's an an avid fan of the animated show. I've seen like, 2 minutes of an episode, haha. The movie blew chunks. There was too much jumping around from place to place with no explanation, absolutely no character development or depth, a plot that didn't even make much sense (my friend said they changed a lot of stuff from the show as well), and the worst part was our movie theater was 3D only so I got charged $12 for this trash. The 3D wasn't even well done, it looked like it was tacked on last minute as a cheap gimmick.
(Jul. 07, 2010  1:44 AM)To Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2010  11:39 PM)Dude Wrote: Wow, I just realized that hatred for this film is all over the place (The said place being the internet) just about everyone is hating on youtube and critics are expressing their disppointment very clearly...

Even with the negative press, the movie made more money than DBE did in it's entire worldwide run in a couple of days just in the US. Granted, it's been getting terrible word of mouth and will have drops that rival Twilight movies, so it's likely going to have to recoup the rest of the budget in international markets, where title confusion is even stronger (The Last Airbender in markets where the show was called "The Legend of Ang" for example) and the brand is weaker. At the end of the day, it all comes down to money, and how much, or how little it made.
Yeah, but was DBE in 3D, because that's part of why The Last Airbender has made so
much money.
Nah, DBE was made back in late 2007/early 2008 before the whole 3D explosion, lol. The real reason The Last Airbender didn't bomb right away is because it recieved a rather large marketing push. Like a $120 million one.
it isnt very good...
im not a huge fan of the series but didnt the movie end before half of the first season was over or something and yeah this movie sucks monkey carp the fight scenes were just about as coriographed as westside story (some famous musical one of my classes at school made us watch) whoever wrote the script and picked the cast should be fired and for the next one they should probably scrap shamylan cause his movies arnt necessarily kid freindly (the happening) so maybe somebody who'll keep it closer to the series should become the director
If you watch the anime you problaly think it terrible M. Night Shyamalan you ruined Aang
WhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyCryingyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyCryingyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyCrying