The Last Airbender (2010)

I'm not exactly fan of Avatar.
But this does look pretty carpin cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs&feature=fvw
Not expecting much, as it is M. Night Shyamalan, but I guess we can be hopeful at least.
Yep, saw this recently too. I don't really know what to make of this movie, but it sort of looks like the quality of the Dragonball movie lol

I read about this in a sci-fi magazine... but what would it be doing there is it was based on the television show we all know ande love?

I'd like to see them try to put all three books in 1 movie XD.

This should be a very good movie
I've seen a few TV spots for this, and like The Karate Kid, some are making me annoyed, others are alright. I probably won't see this as I wasn't the biggest Avatar fan.
I plan on going to see this, but I only watched book 3 of avatar, so I'm speed watching my way through both of the first two before I see the movie.
(Jul. 22, 2009  2:24 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: Yep, saw this recently too. I don't really know what to make of this movie, but it sort of looks like the quality of the Dragonball movie lol

Except for the fact that the Dragonball movie obviously didn't follow the original story, while the Last Airbender seems to do...in appearences, anyway.

I can't wait for this movie. I'm a big Avatar fan (Although I'm not hardcore enough to buy figurines...) and I can't wait to see this Joyful_3
This movie actually seems pretty decent. I can't wait to watch this soon..
I've been looking forward to this ever since I heard about it. From what i've heard the blue spirit will play a large part of the movie and some minor characters will not feature, if they show up in later movies hasn't been determind yet. but here is a link you're all gonna find helpful

http://www.youtube.com/user/LastAirbenderFans

Basicly it has trailers and all relevant information regading the cast, crew, costumes characters and sets.
Last time I looked foward to a big screen adaptation of something, Dragonball Evolution happened. Still, probably going to see this.
I've can't wait to see this movie I was a pretty big fan of the show (I saw every episode lol) hopefully Shamalon does a good job on this movie, and there is actually going to be 3 movies that was already announced by nickelodeon movies. The first movie is just season 1 Book 1: Water, and apparently they toned down soka's corny sence of humor Tired but this is probably going to be a pretty long movie when this comes out because after all it would probably take pretty long to go from The Avatar returns part 1 - Seige of the North part 2. Not to mention they have to tell how Zuko was banished and how Fire Lord Sozin killed all of the Airbenders. Not to mention how Aang found out he was the avatar, ran away , and got frozen in the iceberg.
(Jun. 12, 2010  7:27 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: From what i've heard the blue spirit will play a large part of the movie
Well of course considering that Zuko is the blue spirit and he rescues Aang from the Fire Nation prison.
Never seen the show so I don't know anything about the series. The fact that it's made by the same guy who made the Village is enough reason for me not to watch it.
Currently at a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 13 on Metacritic, coupled with a $200 million budget. Good luck with that Paramount.
LOL It's that bad. I was actually considering seeing it in theatres...
I'm watching it because I love avatar and I got nothing to do on the weekend.
Sigh... remind me to never look foward to anything ever again. Worst movie I've seen in recent memory. And long term memory.
(Jun. 30, 2010  10:46 PM)To Wrote: Currently at a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 13 on Metacritic, coupled with a $200 million budget. Good luck with that Paramount.

6%??!! O__O Wow...That's a worst rating than 'The Room'(30%)... Hell, it's even lower than Transformer: Revenge of the Fallen's rating of 20 %

Is it really THAT bad? I will totally see it.
Was the 3D even good?
Honestly, I took off the 3D glasses for a lot of scenes and noticed NO difference.
Well Im going to see it towmrow hope it dosent suck so bad.
It does. It is honestly the worst movie I have ever seen. Don't watch it, it's two hours of nothing but expository narration (that doesn't explain much), terrible acting, and action sequences that just aren't entertaining.
i agree this movie is horrible the only good thing for me was the graphics. the graphics are good.
Graphics, sound, and some of the fighting were cool. The rest were awful. It's a slap in the face to the fans of Avatar.
I believe the movie was shot in 2D and then rendered in 3D durring post-production (like Clash of the Titans), so the 3D effects wouldn't be very good anyways.
So, finally saw it, and...yeah, it's pretty bad.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as DragonBall: Evolution, though. The problem around here is that, unlike DragonBall, Avatar: The Last AirBender is a very, very young series. It hasn't been very successful in other medias such as video games. Doing such a bad movie with such a young series is like beating a little kid with a hammer.

It was just so rushed...I understand that you have a lot of territory to cover, with a whole season, but it's like they thought they had no time at all, for character development...