The Green Mile [spoilers]

I'm about half way through this at the moment actually and I've had to pause it to say:

HOLY PISS ALMIGHTY, LORD GOD NOOOOO

I have never, EVER, been scared before, during or after watching ANY film; maybe it's because I saw carp like The Exorcist when I was 10 years old, but... I'm pissing my pants right now. Watching Eduard, the inmate with Mr Jangles, get electrocuted with a dry sponge made my balls shrink back inside my body... and I don't even HAVE balls.
Maybe it's just a personal psychological thing, as I still get butterflies of fright watching The BFG, a cartoon film aimed at small children, but I cannot stand to watch that ever again. carp.

And I was just waiting for that twat Percy to stomp on the mouse and when he did, I was like 'NOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU carp!! >8('

So, as it's 1:32 am and I'm still watching it... someone hold me please? D8
I just finished watching it... bloody hell, that was an AMAZING film. The ending was really sad but that's definately going on my list of favourite movies. <3
Ah, it certainly didn't look like a horror film, with Tom Hanks as one of the leading characters, but it was adapted from a Stephen King book ('nuff said) Chocked
Our school's Film Appreciation class was watching this before Christmas season started. I haven't seen the whole movie, just bits and pieces. That was back in the day when I couldn't be arsed to watch really long movies ( The LotR trilogy suprisingly gave me the tolorence to do that...). I'm not sure if we have it, but I'll go rent it or something one of these days. Then again, it comes on TV every so often, so I could wait until it does. Too many options.
I cannot watch movies like this

I'm a huge carp :(
Katashi Wrote:Our school's Film Appreciation class was watching this before Christmas season started. I haven't seen the whole movie, just bits and pieces. That was back in the day when I couldn't be arsed to watch really long movies ( The LotR trilogy suprisingly gave me the tolorence to do that...). I'm not sure if we have it, but I'll go rent it or something one of these days. Then again, it comes on TV every so often, so I could wait until it does. Too many options.

Please do, it's incredibly powerful and moving. Great storyline, funny in places, and really shocking. [no pun intended]

Sam: I don't blame you. D8 The electrocution scene was really graphic and because the acting was so superb, it made it even more horrifying to watch. But, if you want to watch it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0KMnAm7fiUo

It's still gruesome but watching it in sequence with the whole movie is worse as you get all the character build-up. Percy, the little ratty prison guard, is basically a twat who assaults the prisoners and makes life really hard for them. The only reason he is still working there is because his uncle is the governor.

Oh and Eduard, the inmate, found a little mouse who he called Mr. Jingles. He asks Paul (Tom Hanks) to look after him when he dies and to take him to a place called "Mouseville" - a fairytale land for mice. Right before he dies, Percy tells Eduard that no such place exists.

carp, I had to really try hard not to think about this in bed last night. D8 Still, any movie that has this kind of an effect on me has to be a brilliant movie.
i remember watching this movie in school i think. it was amazingly good. and after that scene when he said "i didnt know the sponge was supposed to be wet" i almost cheered when he got punched in the face
Fleetscut Wrote:i remember watching this movie in school i think. it was amazingly good. and after that scene when he said "i didnt know the sponge was supposed to be wet" i almost cheered when he got punched in the face

LOL, same.

I loved it when he got shoved in the restraint room. I kept telling myself 'It's only a film, calm down!' but he really got on my carp. Whiny little scrunt.