The Godzilla Topic

As you probably know I am a HUGE Godzilla fan I have loved it since I saw Godzilla vs King ghidorah back in 09 and since then I have researched and now I wanna make a topic on it. Oh and guys there is a new movie in the making yeah seems legendary pictures is gonna be making it and this time hopefully it will be done right.
I liked Cloverfield better than Godzilla
But I still think Godzilla is awesome
say wha cloverfield? Pfft Godzilla been wrecking the world since 1954 but cloverfield is a cool monster but Goji is more of my style...Wait I had a thought...A godzilla beyblade...WIN!
A godzilla beyblade wouldn't fit in the stadium Smile
it would if it was the size of Africa >: )
I love Godzilla in general, but shouldn't this go in the Media section instead of here?

Anyway, Godzilla movies are kind of a guilty pleasure, because they're so obviously silly XD

Anyone saw Godzilla's Revenge? That's the best XD
only showa series movie i have seen so far is frankenstein conquers the world. HOWEVER I think godzillas revenge had a unique kaiju in the film I.E Gabara
i like godzilla,no,wait,i LOVE godzilla

thanks for making this awesome thread!
(Mar. 31, 2011  3:14 PM)bigbangpegasis9 Wrote: i like godzilla,no,wait,i LOVE godzilla

thanks for making this awesome thread!

no need to thank me thank Gojira
No lie, when I was little, Mothra was probably my favourite "Superhero".
How cute! XD

Mothra was never very impressive, though...I mean really, her earlier designs were way too fluffy XD
I've had very little exposure to Godzilla. The bad (the U.S Godzilla) and the good. Which was Godzilla Final Wars, having Godzilla kill Zilla off was a beautiful thing to see.

I hadn't heard about a potential movie...I'm actually looking forward to seeing what IDW is going to do with the new Godzilla comic series.
Yes, that American Godzilla remake certainly look promising, at least.
[Image: Godzilla_2012_design.jpg]

As long as they stick to what Godzilla actually is, they should do okay (i.e Godzilla isn't some mutated worm, he isn't taken down by military and he isn't both sexes)
He wasn't a mutated worm in the American movie... he was a mutated iguana.
to think i liked that movie and i defended gino D: well the series zilla is good heck i even say hes zilla since the one before him sucked alot. but all in all the series was good movie sucked so zilla is the one in the series.
(Mar. 31, 2011  3:36 PM)Spinster Wrote: No lie, when I was little, Mothra was probably my favourite "Superhero".

SPINSTER! Grin Didn't know you were still here.

Only 'zilla movie I care for is Final Wars. Movie was awesome.
(Mar. 31, 2011  5:12 PM)Spinster Wrote: He wasn't a mutated worm in the American movie... he was a mutated iguana.

Well, that's not what he is in the original Japanese either, anyway...

Actually, it doesn't really matter. I'll like any Godzilla movie that does have Matthew Broderick in it.
You guys love Godzilla alot dont you, check out the ultimate showdown song; old godzilla was hoppin arou........
Are the godzilla video games any good
Most of the recent ones (i.e Those on the Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and stuff) are pretty good.

They're no masterpiece, but they're enjoyable for those who know about Godzilla and his many monster friends/ennemies/neutral dudes.
Jet Jaguar and Space Godzilla are my favourite. Godzilla is still epic. Orga is freacky. Gygora the 1000 year old three head dragon is also very epic. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla is alway very interesting. I just got one question, is Godzilla a Male, female, it, male it or female it.
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:53 PM)Bakers Dozen Wrote: Gygora the 1000 year old three head dragon is also very epic.

That's Ghidorah (Or Gigan, sometimes) just so you know.

And yeah, Jet Jaguar is the awesomest of the bunch.

I mean he has a song. What's better than that?
godzillas a dude MOTHRA is a chick...as is Biollante and yeah Jet jagga jet jagga yata jagaaa aaaa~!
Legendary pictures announced in 2010 they are making a godzilla film what many speculate to be another "98" fest is slowly becoming something awesome

What has been confirmed as of 2010-11
- Godzilla will be created with CGI

- There will be another monster in the movie besides just Godzilla

- The head sculpt design appearing around the web has "no truth" to it

- The project was indeed born from the Godzilla 3-D project that Yoshimitsu Banno was originally trying to get off the ground (www.tohokingdom.com)

now speculation is still on going however since the news of the confirmed director (Gareth Edwards) it has now become a flame war of "how will he handle the movie" since he had a film called "Monsters" (2010) "which had good but not critical reactions"-Toho kingdoms "Anthony Romero"

Some are still speculating however one youtuber by the name of "silverbeast75" Hit the nail on the head with a video called godzilla endgame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hnRIXIQNU *warning language and disturbing audio*

what will 2012 hold? Certainly no end of the world no it will hold a new age in Kaiju history it will hold....Gojira
I hope this new infor helps everyone out and yes it is all confirmed