The D Family Article

Poll: Did You Find This Article Useful?

Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
Total: 100% 4 vote(s)
The D Family

There are many tips under the class D, as in Defense. I will try to explain some important ones in detail as well as I can. We will see which ones too use in BB-10 and which ones to use in Zero G. We will also see which ones work in both.

Let's start with the most basic tips D (Defense) and SD (Semi Defense). They both have very similar characteristics. D and SD both have good amounts of Stamina, and I find their advantage with tall tracks such as 230. The combo Duo 230D/SD introduced this. D also has Defense so it does not get KOed as easily other tips. This tip was a very good tip, and remains good with tall tracks, but it's weakness would be Sway Attack. The combo Duo 230D/SD is still on the MFB Top Tier, and is a very nice Stamina Combo. D in Zero G is not Recommended as it will not remain stable against many combos. It has been outclassed now for a while on lower tracks.

Now moving in to WD (Wide Defense). We are now moving toward the tips with more Stamina. WD was a tip introduced in Earth Eagle 145WD. It has since become a Tip with many uses. Using it with Duo and Phantom combos such as with W145WD is recommended. These are both Top Tier combos and have great uses. WD is good in Zero G, but it is Out Classed. WD will have a weakness against Sway Attack Types (once again). WD is a magnificent tip, but it can be replaced with other tips now a days. I would recommend having this tip, but having tips such as EWD and BWD is even more recommended.

EWD is Eternal Wide Defense. As every other tip with the subname "Eternal", EWD has a metal peice inside the tip. The tip is 2 parts so the Beyblade has extra spin power. EWD is the byfar the best tip to use in a BB-10 stadium. For one it has more stamina then all other D tips and it has the same amount of defense, maybe even more. EWD has been proved useful in stamina combos such as MSF-H Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD. This combo is a very common combo and appears in the Winning Combinations thread in almost every tourney these days. EWD can work in Zero G as in the Beyblade Revolution 2013 NA Championship it was used by YukoRay14 (3rd). This tip is not the best in Zero G, because of it's weakness (once again) to Sway Attack types. Although there is a tip that can replace this in Zero G.

BWD is the tip. Big Wide Defense is another improved model of the WD family. BWD is best used in Zero G, because of it's strong stamina, defense, and resistance against Sway Attack. BWD has the most weight of all D. In fact we can call it overweight! Never use Sway against BWD or the Sway will just uselessly move around the stadium. BWD is the outclass of EWD of Zero G, but EWD beats BWD in BB-10. BWD does not have as much stamina, because of it's weight, and that is why I don't recommend it as much as EWD in a BB-10. In a Zero G I give it the most recommended. BWD appeared in both 1st and 2nd place in the 2013 Beyblade Revolution NA Championship. It was used in combos such as MSF-H Reciser Dragooon SA165BWD. This is a great combo because of the weight and the Stamina. BWD is most likely the best tip in Zero G and definitely going to be for a long while.

To conclude this we should now learn that all of the D family is weak against Sway Attackers except for BWD. All of the D family is good in BB-10, but each has a weakness. Be sure when making a combo to decide well. EWD and BWD are most likely the best, but test the other ones just to make sure.
you should call it the D series. Not the D family.
(Oct. 08, 2013  11:52 PM)AZL Wrote: you should call it the D series. Not the D family.
It might take me a while to change that as I mentioned it so many times. A family is related things as well so it may be the same.
It's missing information, like how in D & SD work good at tall heights you need to mention that there are better options for stamina for 160 and lower tracks. Plus it's missing PD

Edit: The last sentence is not needed nor very useful.
S130 works good with TB and CS. I don't really thing it would work as good with D/SD.
What are you talking about I didn't say s130 worked with D/SD.
I didn't quite actually get what you said...

On 230

D/SD > WD

160 and lower

WD > SD/D

You should mention this in the D/SD section.
(Oct. 09, 2013  12:15 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: ...

On 230

D/SD > WD

160 and lower

WD > SD/D

You should mention this in the D/SD section.

and SA165 EWD>WD, SD ,D.
W145 WD=BWD.
I can add that for sure! It could be a matrix at the end. I also will add a section on PD, but I will need help on that as I do not own one.
Em... huh? Confused

WD is definitely not better than D/SD. In fact, they both out-spin WD very consistently!

EWD is not any better than WD. :\ They're like literally exactly the same thing, unless the free-spinning gimmick in EWD is whacked, in which WD is actually better.

BWD is most definitely very vulnerable to sway attack. Not as much as the other D tips, but sway will usually still destroy Duo SA165BWD.

Where's PD? PD is like the best stamina bottom of all time. XD
That's what I told him! He said he would need help wih PD becuase he doesn't have it.
While I can see you put a good bit of effort into this, unfortunately it's a little all over the place. Specifically, it jumps between the BB-10 and Zero-G stadiums a lot, and the latter really belongs in the Zero-G subsection of Beyblade Customs. There are also a number of inaccuracies and missing parts (PD, W2D, SWD, and EDS are all part of the D series, among others), so I'm going to go on ahead and close this for now.