Tests and Stuff

Here, post how you did/think you did on your major test. I think I aced the EOG's.
So what do people who are not in the United States and who seemingly have different tests do with this topic ... They are just rejected ? This community has members from everywhere around the world. If you are going to write about something so specific, at least describe what they are, what kind of questions they involve, etc. so everybody without exception can have the impression that they can participate in this thread as well.
Maybe it's a state test? Or a country test? Or just a test subject?
I took the first part off the algebra EOC test. It was quite easy but I take the next part tommorow. I have one more final on friday and then I have half days on Mon. and Tues. because we have to make up 2 snow days Unhappy then it's my summer Smile

so yeah
(May. 19, 2011  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So what do people who are not in the United States and who seemingly have different tests do with this topic ... They are just rejected ? This community has members from everywhere around the world. If you are going to write about something so specific, at least describe what they are, what kind of questions they involve, etc. so everybody without exception can have the impression that they can participate in this thread as well.

I feel very strange correcting you, but I also said "Other Test" in the title. EOG grades should come back next week in my county.

On my EOG booklet, I had this one question on calculator inactive, and this is basically what it was; "A single cell organism is magnified 1,500 times its actual size. The magnified image has a width of .36 cm. What is the actual width of the organism?
A: .54 cm x 10 to the fifth power
B: .54 cm x 10 to the sixth power
C: .24 cm x 10 to the negative third power
D: .24 cm x 10 to the negative fourth power"
(May. 19, 2011  12:13 PM)Titan Blader Wrote: I feel very strange correcting you, but I also said "Other Test" in the title. EOG grades should come back next week in my county.

On my EOG booklet, I had this one question on calculator inactive, and this is basically what it was; "A single cell organism is magnified 1,500 times its actual size. The magnified image has a width of .36 cm. What is the actual width of the organism?

But you seem to be talking about a test that is restricted to North Carolina, from what a Google search has shown me. "Other test" is absolutely vague, do you want me to talk about the exam I had at university in Penal Law I ?
(May. 19, 2011  3:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 19, 2011  12:13 PM)Titan Blader Wrote: I feel very strange correcting you, but I also said "Other Test" in the title. EOG grades should come back next week in my county.

But you seem to be talking about a test that is restricted to North Carolina, from what a Google search has shown me. "Other test" is absolutely vague, do you want me to talk about the exam I had at university in Penal Law I ?

I was just talking about any test that you take.
Like SAT/ACT/NYS Regents? We get like 6 Regents a year, and AP exams too. ._.
(May. 19, 2011  11:54 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Like SAT/ACT/NYS Regents? We get like 6 Regents a year, and AP exams too. ._.

I know ;(
Damn New York and your Regents! Pinching_eyes_2

Also, you should rename it to something along the lines of "Tests and Stuff...?" Because, I think there are only like ten people who will actually know what the EOG and EOC are, and thus will probably ignore the topic. I mean, not EVERYONE is from North Carolina, silly.
(May. 20, 2011  12:08 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(May. 19, 2011  11:54 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Like SAT/ACT/NYS Regents? We get like 6 Regents a year, and AP exams too. ._.

I know ;(
Damn New York and your Regents! Pinching_eyes_2

Also, you should rename it to something along the lines of "Tests and Stuff...?" Because, I think there are only like ten people who will actually know what the EOG and EOC are, and thus will probably ignore the topic. I mean, not EVERYONE is from North Carolina, silly.

[Image: silly-rabbit-lrg.png]

But yeah, that's a good idea. And IKR? Way too many standardized tests for my liking.
EOGs/EOCs from NC are definitely one of the easiest things I've taken.

When you first have to take the EOCs for classes in high school (even in middle school), you start freaking out because teachers over hype them.

It's standardized by the state (of North Carolina no less), and I find that the "standards" are ridiculously low.

Tests given by some teachers in high school are tougher than EOCs sometimes/most of the time.

"Other tests" taken by bugturtles: A year ago I took an ASVAB, scored 95 (had recruiters everywhere practically on top of me when they learned about it). This year, took ASVAB, got 85. I think it was mainly me not retaining information of Biology (which I have forgotten over the past year), which shows up a lot on the Science portion of the ASVAB.
(May. 20, 2011  12:34 AM)bugturtles Wrote: EOGs/EOCs from NC are definitely one of the easiest things I've taken.

When you first have to take the EOCs for classes in high school (even in middle school), you start freaking out because teachers over hype them.

It's standardized by the state (of North Carolina no less), and I find that the "standards" are ridiculously low.

Tests given by some teachers in high school are tougher than EOCs sometimes/most of the time.

"Other tests" taken by bugturtles: A year ago I took an ASVAB, scored 95 (had recruiters everywhere practically on top of me when they learned about it). This year, took ASVAB, got 85. I think it was mainly me not retaining information of Biology (which I have forgotten over the past year), which shows up a lot on the Science portion of the ASVAB.

This EOC test is taken in High School? That's like taking the NYS Test in High School, which is literally the easiest thing ever. Lucky you don't have to take Regents. While it's not exactly difficult, it is not the easiest thing for most people.
We get NAPLAN (National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy) Australia-Wide.

You have to take Them. No Choice.
i took my eocs passed my eogs today cus i took em all and got my results the same day and did a whole bunch of other bull an titan blader we have same tes cus im in northcarolina kk but anyway i kinda agree with kia v plus expect a pm from me soon
Title edited. I don't know why, but I thought most states took EOGs. But you NY guys have it rough.
(May. 20, 2011  12:43 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: This EOC test is taken in High School? That's like taking the NYS Test in High School, which is literally the easiest thing ever. Lucky you don't have to take Regents. While it's not exactly difficult, it is not the easiest thing for most people.

EOGs are normally for middle school, while the EOCs are for certain classes (mandatory by the state) here. As far as I remember, Civics and Economics, US History, and Algebra 1 have EOCs (I think I am forgetting some for some reason). I read somewhere that they removed the Civics and Economics EOC, recently however.

I do admit that the US History one can be difficult if you do not remember a lot of the information, though.
(May. 20, 2011  1:57 AM)bugturtles Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  12:43 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: This EOC test is taken in High School? That's like taking the NYS Test in High School, which is literally the easiest thing ever. Lucky you don't have to take Regents. While it's not exactly difficult, it is not the easiest thing for most people.

EOGs are normally for middle school, while the EOCs are for certain classes (mandatory by the state) here. As far as I remember, Civics and Economics, US History, and Algebra 1 have EOCs (I think I am forgetting some for some reason). I read somewhere that they removed the Civics and Economics EOC, recently however.

I do admit that the US History one can be difficult if you do not remember a lot of the information, though.

EOGs are grades 3-8. EOCs are just like you said. How do you know about NC Testing?
Err.... He said he's taken it already?
(May. 21, 2011  3:26 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Err.... He said he's taken it already?

So he's in NC? Or do they do it in some other states?
im in nc im in 6th grade
Here in good ol' Connecticut, we get the CMT's (Connecticut Mastery Tests). They take up the entire month of march to complete, and they're on all subjects. I always do really well, and that is how they gauge if you get into honors classes. The only good part is that we have no classes pretty much! Yaaay!

What's better, next year I'll be a freshman, so I get SAT's, goodbye CMT's!
i was born in conneticut to lol
(May. 21, 2011  3:39 PM)Titan Blader Wrote:
(May. 21, 2011  3:26 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Err.... He said he's taken it already?

So he's in NC? Or do they do it in some other states?

lmao i've taken NC tests because i live in NC?
(May. 21, 2011  4:41 PM)Sparta Wrote: Here in good ol' Connecticut, we get the CMT's (Connecticut Mastery Tests). They take up the entire month of march to complete, and they're on all subjects. I always do really well, and that is how they gauge if you get into honors classes. The only good part is that we have no classes pretty much! Yaaay!

SAT's are only for junior/senior year...?
(May. 22, 2011  1:54 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(May. 21, 2011  4:41 PM)Sparta Wrote: Here in good ol' Connecticut, we get the CMT's (Connecticut Mastery Tests). They take up the entire month of march to complete, and they're on all subjects. I always do really well, and that is how they gauge if you get into honors classes. The only good part is that we have no classes pretty much! Yaaay!

SAT's are only for junior/senior year...?

I saw some middle schoolers take it the same day that I did. Guess that just shows that some middle schoolers are can go toe-to-toe or better with most high schoolers =/

(also, i hate the grading system for SATs)