Testing Template

Hi, in the link below is a rather rudimentary testing template aimed at helping lessen the burden of performing tests. While not as great as Ingulit's beytest app, it is available to anyone with a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hged...sp=sharing

Very open to suggestions on how to make it better.
Wow, thanks for making this uniform testing outline Time!
Hopefully this will make tests more uniform throughout the WBO, rather than everyone posting their results in their own style. It doesn't have any problems, I plan to use this once i get a few more necessary Burst parts and start testing myself.
If you wanted to look at things from an automated perspective, having a testing sheet like this might help ease the process. A rough idea, as I quickly put this one together.

As an example, I filled this one out to show the general idea of it. Fill in the boxes in the bottom-right first, then you can start using the results table. The results table has dropdowns that make entry easier; you choose the winning combo and the method of victory (Burst, OS, KO etc), which have already been coded in. The results are calculated automatically in the top corner as you go.

Then, when you're done, the second tab on the spreadsheet automatically puts the information into the layout you used in your example. Doesn't state the combos being tested, but that's pretty obvious from the "COMBO VS COMBO" at the top.

Was something like this what you were trying to get at to "lessen the burden"? Or did I overcomplicate things? xD
@[~Mana~] I like what you're doing there. I was specifically looking at giving people guidelines for posting tests, but you've actually done something to make testing easier. My only concern with using sheets rather than docs is it makes the data much more difficult to export to a WBO post. Pasting spreadsheets in MyBB formats them quite weirdly.
@[Time]; Ah, thought I was misunderstanding and seems I was. It looked like you were trying to do a mixture of both xD

Yeah, I'm aware of the whole spreadsheet-to-plain text conversion. It generally happens when things are split into different cells, so random spacing is thrown into the mix. The sheet I linked uses a unified formula for the "WBO Output" sheet, so it shouldn't cause any awkward spacing and should just paste each cell in that singular column on its own line. Give it a try Tongue_out

Ultimately, as I think Brad has said in the past, a web app is far more optimal than any mobile app, spreadsheet or document will ever be. It enables it to work over all platforms, but a spreadsheet on Google Sheets also works nicely for keeping an archive of your own tests, if you really wanted to. Plus, Sheets has mobile support as well Tongue_out
The only thing i would consider adding to there is click loss, sometimes those can be very significant in testings.
(Apr. 18, 2016  3:43 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: The only thing i would consider adding to there is click loss, sometimes those can be very significant in testings.

I'm very suspicious that anyone can accurately measure this, though. Very easy to lose clicks just from hitting a wall or while being picked up.
Yeah or a chain reaction burst. When something like that happens I just give my best guess of what it probably was. That's all you can do really, unless you wanna do the round over