Tennis

Does anybody here play Tennis?
I'm not a big fan, but several of my friends are on the school team/play recreationally, so I tag along sometimes. It's fun, but I suck.
Its realy fun!
I've been playing for around six years, if not more. It's really fun~~~
I'm quite good at tennis, I've been playing since I was about 8

=P used to teach kids from 4-12 part time during holz.
I play for my high school varsity team, but I started about a year ago. So far I think its really fun.
that's good =P any specialties you have yet?

I wouldn't call mine a specialty rather than a preference, but I like to use heavy top spin then a curve/drop shot like slice.
yeah i love using topspin too

but serving is where its at
Hah, my specialty is a slice serve =P
Please, it's called the spoon serve.
LOL my bad, my bad.

8D can you do that really troll volley?

EDIT: the one where you make the ball bounce back over the net.
Honestly, I think I'm a beast at net xD
My serves are getting faster and more accurate, but I need to practice more.
i play tennis 6 times a week,11h in total and i am 10 years old and playing for 5 years my forhand is my killer shot.
(Jul. 05, 2010  12:56 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Honestly, I think I'm a beast at net xD
My serves are getting faster and more accurate, but I need to practice more.

awesome! I've always been a base line to servus line player myself. I tend to do a lot of jump shots so I'm ok at the net for doubles =p
i like playing back in doubles cause i got long arms lol
(Jul. 06, 2010  1:45 AM)Jsc Wrote: i like playing back in doubles cause i got long arms lol

Ha, my pythons are the size of... pythons.
(Jul. 06, 2010  1:45 AM)Jsc Wrote: i like playing back in doubles cause i got long arms lol

I also have long arms, but I, as well as my friends, think that it helps me at net. I'm also pretty tall, which also helps.
lol i have small arms and i like to volley
im kind of scared of the net :(

I now have a relatively flat area with a net in my front yard where the grass has worn down :D
(Jul. 06, 2010  10:19 PM)Jsc Wrote: im kind of scared of the net Unhappy

I now have a relatively flat area with a net in my front yard where the grass has worn down Grin
my friend has a tennis court with a tennis ball machine(TBM) i tried the TBM at the net at 70 miles an hour(almost federer backhand) and i got my racket in the face man it hurts
I have O.K backhand.

Its prety hard to do that
Wut tennis racket u guys have I have babolat
This will be my 4th (and last) year of high school varsity tennis. Tennis is pretty fun, and I like to think that I'm good at it, but my competitiveness in the game has been dropping since Freshman year. I play much better when I'm screwing around.

I thought that everyone plays with heavy topspin? That might just be something that we crazy Americans believe in.
(Sep. 29, 2010  2:51 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: Wut tennis racket u guys have I have babolat
Head all the way
(Sep. 29, 2010  2:51 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: Wut tennis racket u guys have I have babolat

Prince FTW!

My specialty shot is the Twist Serve. (Prince of Tennis moment)

I have "meh" backhands and good forehands.