Tennis

Also, from my experience, anyone who attempts to mimic Prince of Tennis and uses it to describe their skill actually sucks at the game.
im great at tennis!, i play at state level , but im not #1, hah. Anyways, i got a new babolat aeropro drive! Eee ,......really nice racket and very aerodynamic. Good for heavy topspin. It costed me about $200.
So I'm currently I'm the #4 player on my team at school...I really wanna be #2 by Far East (regional competitions).
(Sep. 30, 2010  1:53 AM)Elmo Wrote: Also, from my experience, anyone who attempts to mimic Prince of Tennis and uses it to describe their skill actually sucks at the game.

I don't. I knew how to do that serve (after seeing Fed's serve and months of training + experimenting) wayyy before I watched PoT. I'm still on episode 56.

I just call it the "Twist Serve" because my ball curves a little (not the one Ryoma does).
Used to play Tennis competetively when I was nine but quit when I had a painful experience.

(Sep. 30, 2010  8:23 PM)Moss Wrote: Used to play Tennis competetively when I was nine but quit when I had a painful experience.

same thing happened to me once, the shot that hit me has a heavy top spin, ouch.
My dad doesn't like that I hit flats. I don't really hit topspins too much. My racket is a Wilson Graphite _. I have always wanted to play on grass courts, but in America, they don't have too many. I mainly use a serve and volley technique against my dad. Against my mom, I play baseline. Meteo L-leone also plays tennis, but we haven't been able to play with each other yet.
So, I've been practicing for 2 hours-2.5 hours a day, mainly hitting the ball back and forth against my house(LOL) during the day and later going to the courts with my dad at night. I finally beat him, haha. This cycle has been going on since about a week(I've played before just not this much). I'm hoping to go to a Junior tournament, but most are a bit far away and my dad doesn't think I've had enough practice.

Don't ask me about serving/returning techniques, becuase I don't really have. Though, I've been trying to do Top Spins, but have been slightly unseccussful. My dad can do it pretty well though. If anyone has any techniques I'd love to hear them.
A tennis ball to the nuts isn't half as had as one to the face.

I play competitively for my school, and I was 5 seed this year. This year, I'm expected to be 4 seed cause one guy graduated. I am in great shape for tennis, except for my conditioning. I have zero stamina...